• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looked like LBJ was tired last night...could that be? Naw...not the super human guy that was averaging more minutes in the reg season than any other super stars in the league. Not the guy that just won 10 straight playoff games. Not THE JUICE!!! :dhd:

mentioned he piled up 45 minutes last night ALONE and has averaged high minutes in these playoffs as well...

that can't have a detrimental effect...

can it...?:scratch:

Reactions: LAD

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was your typical performance we see in every sport

Big favorite thinks they just have to show up to win

And once they built that lead, they really started to go through the motions

And the C's caught them way off guard, and by time the Cavs wanted to wake up again, Celtics had snuck in and stole the night from them

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no excuse for that. Cavs playing at thirty percent should be able to beat a Celtics team missing their best player.

Does Lebron really want to go to the Finals and get SLAUGHTERED? (Because that is what is gonna happen). 3-5 in NBA finals is an ugly stat to look at when Lebron is trying to get up there with Jordan.

You're not gonna see the warrior blowing Playoff games against CRAP competition that they should easily win.

Being lazy and overconfident and going through the motions on defense isn't gonna get you a series win over this warriors team.

And people think they are just gonna "flip the switch" vs. Warriors. Its one thing to flip the switch against a lousy teams in the East. Its another to do it against a team superior to yours

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, he can be a dick, but he's THEIR dick...
When he has a nationally televised TV program to announce that he is taking his talents somewhere else he'll be in the same category of disgust that James is in.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he has a nationally televised TV program to announce that he is taking his talents somewhere else he'll be in the same category of disgust that James is in.

Yeah, raising $8.5 million dollars in ad revenue for underprivileged kids is just disgusting.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no excuse for that. Cavs playing at thirty percent should be able to beat a Celtics team missing their best player.

Does Lebron really want to go to the Finals and get SLAUGHTERED? (Because that is what is gonna happen). 3-5 in NBA finals is an ugly stat to look at when Lebron is trying to get up there with Jordan.

You're not gonna see the warrior blowing Playoff games against CRAP competition that they should easily win.

Being lazy and overconfident and going through the motions on defense isn't gonna get you a series win over this warriors team.

And people think they are just gonna "flip the switch" vs. Warriors. Its one thing to flip the switch against a lousy teams in the East. Its another to do it against a team superior to yours

If Leonord doesnt go down, the Warriors were gonna get embarrassed on their home court in Game one, and with a healthy Leonard, that may have become an interesting series

I also think the Warriors are winning it all, I dont know i that should reflect badly on Lebron, its a team definitely in the discussion for greatest ever assembled.....But than again, there is last year, so Id never doubt the great one

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Leonord doesnt go down, the Warriors were gonna get embarrassed on their home court in Game one, and with a healthy Leonard, that may have become an interesting series

I also think the Warriors are winning it all, I dont know i that should reflect badly on Lebron, its a team definitely in the discussion for greatest ever assembled.....But than again, there is last year, so Id never doubt the great one
It's funny how things go from Oh SA can maybe get 1 or 2 games but won't win the series before Leonard's injury to SA was on target to win the series after just 1 game & Leonard sustaining a season ending injury.

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody should be comparing him with Jordan to begin with.

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is a very interesting matchup. The Cavs are without question a deeper team. But golden state has the Kevin Durant factor that they didn't have last year.

They had to sacrifice their depth for that high-end talent. I really wonder if Cleveland can wear them out if LeBron does his thing and the Cavs can stretch the series and force the issue of their depth becoming a factor.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a very interesting matchup. The Cavs are without question a deeper team. But golden state has the Kevin Durant factor that they didn't have last year.

They had to sacrifice their depth for that high-end talent. I really wonder if Cleveland can wear them out if LeBron does his thing and the Cavs can stretch the series and force the issue of their depth becoming a factor.
The Warriors don't have depth? So then, why were they able to sustain a winning record while KD was out for 19 games?

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors would have needed a tougher road to the finals to get worn out. They're gonna be undefeated heading into the finals with a host of rest time. They will probably be rusty he first game for a while but not for long.

Basically, Cavs need to hope for Warriors injuries tonight. Bottom line. If the Warriors walk into the finals at full power, its over from the tip

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, raising $8.5 million dollars in ad revenue for underprivileged kids is just disgusting.

I think even most Miami Heat fans will say that the decision was one of the most poorly advised things that a professional athlete has ever done that did not run afoul of the law.

Reactions: LAD

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness.... though they lack top-end stars, the C's parts do form into a pretty good team.

See: their record this year.

Of course. Has nothing to do with the East being absolute shit

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i'll say is MJ wouldn't have let a fan get to him like LeClown did...:lol:

That's because when MJ's shot wasn't falling, he'd go to the hole and get to the line to find his rhythm. Plus I can't remember a game that MJ took only 13 shots.

#LebronsIQisoffthechart :pound:

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. Has nothing to do with the East being absolute shit
Meh. If you're gonna argue with my claim that the C's are a "pretty good team" then you're just looking to argue.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. If you're gonna argue with my claim that the C's are a "pretty good team" then you're just looking to argue.

Pretty good team sure. Championship caliber not even close no.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how things go from Oh SA can maybe get 1 or 2 games but won't win the series before Leonard's injury to SA was on target to win the series after just 1 game & Leonard sustaining a season ending injury.

Not from me, but they were definitely taking game one, and no one likes that position vs Pop

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not from me, but they were definitely taking game one, and no one likes that position vs Pop
It's possible they might have lost game 1...but unfortunately for them that wouldn't have even put them at the halfway mark of their task. Not sure how the dots are connected from a game 1 win to a series win in this situation.