• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks would have made the conference finals better than the Celtics

I mean the Lakers could have made it closer. Your logic makes no sense, they lost to Toronto who got deatroyed by Cleveland. The Bucks would have been swept as well

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the only fans that are giving Cleveland credit instead of saying "the Celtics are garbage" is Boston fans. The fact of the matter is was Boston was playing some great basketball and they play great defense. Saying they suck is a lame excuse, they didnt get the 1 seed bc they suck. They are just playing a team that is on a mission. Lebron and Kyrie are pissed off. I have never heard Kyrie cuss and he did in the interview after.

I will take a motivated Kyrie, Lebron combo over anyone in the league and it isnt close

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would not be an 8 seed.
But, they are so flawed. Somebody had to win the East, even if it was a very flawed average team.

I think the OKC Thunder, Houston Rockets, and Clippers would crush them.
Memphis and Portland would likely beat them as well......

The Celts would probably handle Portland. Portland doesnt have any size either.

The EAST is worse than it has ever been in decades.

Although in fairness, the 1980s West was awful. Magic and Showtime feasted on pathetic weaklings as well.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the only fans that are giving Cleveland credit instead of saying "the Celtics are garbage" is Boston fans. The fact of the matter is was Boston was playing some great basketball and they play great defense. Saying they suck is a lame excuse, they didnt get the 1 seed bc they suck. They are just playing a team that is on a mission. Lebron and Kyrie are pissed off. I have never heard Kyrie cuss and he did in the interview after.

I will take a motivated Kyrie, Lebron combo over anyone in the league and it isnt close

I think it's a bit of both. There is no question that the Cavs are pretty well firing on all cylinders right now, but lets not pretend this Celtics team is anything special.

Basically, it's a case of a team that was already over matched going up against a defending champ that appears to have peaked.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean... This Celtics team isn't terrible. But they had definitely overachieved this year. A whole bunch of above average role players with a star ( Thomas ) might be enough for the regular season in the EAST, but not the playoffs.

And yeah, Al Horford is a above average role player. Never been a max player nor a star. I don't think he ever beaten LeBron in the playoffs once.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Celtics have been playing like garbage. But I actually literally gave the Cavs credit. Not sure what the big deal is. If you play like this in the Finals, you'll get another ship.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the Celtics credit? They deserve no credit. They played with no heart or a care in the world. That SHIT team shouldn't even of passed the first round. A Rondo injury saved them from being a first round exit laughing stock and CLOWN #1 seed.

The ECF should have been Chicago/Cleveland. Would have been a good series if Bull stayed healthy and played like when they started the playoffs.

Boston is a fucking JOKE for a Conference final opponent. The Bulls showed us in Round 1 what kind of joke they were anyways. Taking the first two games in Boston

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again, the Celtics brought this on themselves too. Adding to the James disrespect inventory was Boston rookie Jaylen Brown telling Comcast SportsNet New England before Game 2 that the four-time MVP was "just another guy to me" and adding, "I have no fear whatsoever of LeBron." It echoed comments made by Isaiah Thomas this week when he said the Cavs were "not the Monstars. They're not on 'Space Jam.' Like, they lace up their shoes just like us."

LOL

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again, the Celtics brought this on themselves too. Adding to the James disrespect inventory was Boston rookie Jaylen Brown telling Comcast SportsNet New England before Game 2 that the four-time MVP was "just another guy to me" and adding, "I have no fear whatsoever of LeBron." It echoed comments made by Isaiah Thomas this week when he said the Cavs were "not the Monstars. They're not on 'Space Jam.' Like, they lace up their shoes just like us."

LOL

lol Saw that on ESPN this morning. Nothing like "poking the bear." I mean, it's good that they were expressing confidence. But calling the best player in the game "just another guy" is pretty much begging to have your ass kicked.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the Celtics credit? They deserve no credit. They played with no heart or a care in the world. That SHIT team shouldn't even of passed the first round. A Rondo injury saved them from being a first round exit laughing stock and CLOWN #1 seed.

The ECF should have been Chicago/Cleveland. Would have been a good series if Bull stayed healthy and played like when they started the playoffs.

Boston is a fucking JOKE for a Conference final opponent. The Bulls showed us in Round 1 what kind of joke they were anyways. Taking the first two games in Boston
So what does that make tbe Wizards?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, they are so flawed. Somebody had to win the East, even if it was a very flawed average team.

Although in fairness, the 1980s West was awful. Magic and Showtime feasted on pathetic weaklings as well.

Houston maybe? OKC or LA? Nah. Those teams arent crushing anyone.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Strongly disagree with the 2nd to last part.

The East when those shitty Nets teams and that 01 76ers team were going to the finals was worse.

That 99-2000 Pacers team is still one of the better teams to come out of the East compared to what we saw pre-Lebron's run.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean... This Celtics team isn't terrible. But they had definitely overachieved this year. A whole bunch of above average role players with a star ( Thomas ) might be enough for the regular season in the EAST, but not the playoffs.

And yeah, Al Horford is a above average role player. Never been a max player nor a star. I don't think he ever beaten LeBron in the playoffs once.

How many people have? Especially in the East.