• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consider the source

#carmelo4austin #str8up
I mean, Butler to the Lakers would be a helluva coup and the Lakers have the assets to get it done.

But, I don't see them ever bringing Deng back on that awful contract and they would probably have to part with the #2 pick and two of the following four, minimum....Randle, Russell, Ingram, Clarkson.

This is not like the Paul George or Boogie situations.

Jimmy has multiple years left on his deal.

So, the Bulls have all the leverage.

The Celtics offered the Hornets 4 first rounders for Kaminsky.

* No joke *

So, after this ass whooping they just ate, giving up the #1 pick for Butler should be a no brainer.

Jordan nixed Celtics' offer of 4 1st-rounders to Hornets for Kaminsky | FOX Sports

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, Butler to the Lakers would be a helluva coup and the Lakers have the assets to get it done.

But, I don't see them ever bringing Deng back on that awful contract and they would probably have to part with the #2 pick and two of the following four, minimum....Randle, Russell, Ingram, Clarkson.

This is not like the Paul George or Boogie situations.

Jimmy has multiple years left on his deal.

So, the Bulls have all the leverage.

The Celtics offered the Hornets 4 first rounders for Kaminsky.

* No joke *

So, after this ass whooping they just ate, giving up the #1 pick for Butler should be a no brainer.

Jordan nixed Celtics' offer of 4 1st-rounders to Hornets for Kaminsky | FOX Sports

Cowherd mentioned it in his podcast. Horford's getting old and IT is a 5'8 athlete that will age pretty fast. The Celtics don't have time for a number 1 draft pick in Fultz to acclimate. Most NBA players take at least 4 years to maturate. It happened with George, Leonard, Butler, Hayward, etc...

They need to trade that pick for Butler to bring some type of competition to the East. Ainge, if it isn't apparently right now, needs to make a gutsy move. Because game 1 signaled that Boston has no chance against the Cavs.

I'm now wondering if I should go with a sweep instead of the Cavs winning in 5.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohhhhh no.......this is just horrible....the CAvs struggling in March and April has really hurt them in the playoffs....these series are SOOO much longer than last year....their defense is really not allowing them to get any rest...ohhh the humanity.

as i said

March and April didnt mean DICK.

9-0.

Longest winning streak of the year is in the PLAYOFFS. lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tristan, as expected, really beat the crap out of the Celtics. 7/7 from the floor, 9 boards, 6 offensive rebounds.

Love though- is a great matchup vs. the Celtics (and wouldve been even a better matchup vs. the Wiz)

32 and 12.

i still cant believe people thought the Cavs - while they wouldnt lose in the East- would have a harder time getting through it than previous because of their regular season defense. just so laughable.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wall and beal would give at least put up more issues for the cavs than the Boston Role Players

I don't know how anyone seriously through the Celtics were going to hurt Cleveland in anyway considering their best player is an undersized midget and their starting 5 sucks

The only teams that would have put up any resistance at all from the start were the Bulls and wizards

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Jaylen Brown actually played a really nice game. He even had some decent moments against LeBron. He looks like a he can/will develop into a very solid wing player----- play solid defense....

he went right behind Ingram- but thus far has looked a LOT LOT better.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wall and beal would give at least put up more issues for the cavs than the Boston Role Players

I don't know how anyone seriously through the Celtics were going to hurt Cleveland in anyway considering their best player is an undersized midget and their starting 5 sucks

The only teams that would have put up any resistance at all from the start were the Bulls and wizards
Celtics at least have Crowder, and Brown who they can throw at LeBron.

I always thought that the Wizards lack of a guy to cover LeBron, and there pretty crappy 3 pt shooting and their pretty crappy bench would have been big inhibitators while playing the Cavs----- but Wall and Beal at least have the firepower to be a threat.

The Celtics are a pretty damn good team. They are well coached, have a deep bench, but they just lack the high end firepower you need in the playoffs

high end talent wins in the playoffs---- you can go on and on about coaching and depth but when it comes down to it- the playoffs is mostly about stars playing like stars on the big stage. The "hockey line" mentality in the NBA playoffs is absolutely retarded- thinking a team with a ton of depth has some kind of advantage- just so stupid.

Its about stars doing what stars do.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A healthy Cleveland team was always going to reach the finals this year.

I'm totally Zen about the Celtics getting smashed last night and facing a likely sweep. They don't have a legitimate chance. No one in the East does.

When everything is said and done... what is any team in the East supposed to do when the Cavs have LeBron James and no one else does?

Last edited:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cancel the rest of both conference Finals and let Cavs/Warriors play best of 9 or 11.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as brutal as we all thought. Cleveland didn't even play particularly well and they still crushed them. Match ups matter. Fucking Wizards. They don't blow it in game 2 and 5, maybe we could have gotten some halfway decent games over the next 2 weeks

Honestly - I doubt it. If the Wizards advanced it is highly likely that their weak bench would have caught up to them (just like it did vs. Celtics), but the results would probably have been much more brutal.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron looked like an 11th grader playing against 2nd graders

Cavs and GS are now 19-0, and the NBA product may be more awful than ever

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A healthy Cleveland team was always going to reach the finals this year.

I'm totally Zen about the Celtics getting smashing last night and facing a likely sweep. They don't have a legitimate chance. No one in the East does.

When everything is said and done... what is any team in the East supposed to do when the Cavs have LeBron James and no one else does?

Yep - the realistic plan for teams from the East is to build their teams thinking ahead to the 2018/19 season & beyond. By this time other players will be approaching their prime & LeBron will be getting older. It is a tough plan to follow since coaches, players & fans are impatient. The other approach is to trade for the present & mortgage your future in the process while likely having no legit shot at the title.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - the realistic plan for teams from the East is to build their teams thinking ahead to the 2018/19 season & beyond. By this time other players will be approaching their prime & LeBron will be getting older. It is a tough plan to follow since coaches, players & fans are impatient. The other approach is to trade for the present & mortgage your future in the process while likely having no legit shot at the title.
I mean- this happened to the Cavs when Jordan was around

Price, Daughterty, HotRod, Ehlo, Nance, etc....

LeBron is just that good---- and the Cavs have some really good supporting pieces.

Kyrie is one of the very best offensive players in the entire league- practically unguardable. Love is a helluva rebounder, one of the best big man shooters, is a very solid post player,a nd a great passer.

Tristan Thompson is EXTREMELY valuable. He can guard positions 1-5. He is a big time rebounder. He is tough- he keeps getting better defensively.

I think this is the best team LeBron has ever played on.

esp. - you have those top 4...

and then some other really solid guys-- Jr Smith, Iman Shumpert, Kyle Korver, Channing Frye, Richard Jefferson........

everyone is healthy, and on the same page finally- and motivated--- this is the result.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- this happened to the Cavs when Jordan was around

Price, Daughterty, HotRod, Ehlo, Nance, etc....

LeBron is just that good---- and the Cavs have some really good supporting pieces.

Kyrie is one of the very best offensive players in the entire league- practically unguardable. Love is a helluva rebounder, one of the best big man shooters, is a very solid post player,a nd a great passer.

Tristan Thompson is EXTREMELY valuable. He can guard positions 1-5. He is a big time rebounder. He is tough- he keeps getting better defensively.

I think this is the best team LeBron has ever played on.

esp. - you have those top 4...

and then some other really solid guys-- Jr Smith, Iman Shumpert, Kyle Korver, Channing Frye, Richard Jefferson........

everyone is healthy, and on the same page finally- and motivated--- this is the result.

Man, would i love for them to beat the coward Durant, the arrogant douche Greene, and the cocky Curry again, shutting them up for all time

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron looked like an 11th grader playing against 2nd graders

Cavs and GS are now 19-0, and the NBA product may be more awful than ever
its just funky/historical circumstances

you have the 2nd best player in NBA history- with a very good supporting cast in one Conference

and you have 4 of the top 15-20 players in the league- on a team in the other Conference.

I dont think 4 of the top 15-20 players in the league have ever been on the same team. Some of the Lakers/Celtics teams mightve been close---- but i dont think they ever got there.

If i was to just ball park it--- Golden State has:

#2: Durant
#4/5: Curry
#12-15: Draymond
#14-18: Klay

The Cavs of course have

#1: LeBron
#10-14: Kyrie
#24-28: Love

and then a better supporting cast than GSW in Thompson, JR, Shumpert, Dwill, Frye, Jefferson.

the next best team is probably the Spurs---

#3-5: Kawhi Leonard
#25:30: LaMarcus Aldridge

After that- they have a lot of good secondary players headlined by Parker, Gasol, Green, Ginobili, Mills, Dedmon, ------ but if Aldridge doesnt show up- or only shows up here and there- they definitely lack the firepower to keep up with the Cavs and Warriors.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, would i love for them to beat the coward Durant, the arrogant douche Greene, and the cocky Curry again, shutting them up for all time
i dunno man....its gonna be tough- but it would be amazing......if all those regular season wins and Durant's cowardice resulted in just 1 title where the Cavs were missing Love and Irving....it would be great.

Trust in LeBron...he is the leagues last great hope. LeBron is Luke Skywalker. He needs to come through and end the Empire. lol.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just funky/historical circumstances

you have the 2nd best player in NBA history- with a very good supporting cast in one Conference

and you have 4 of the top 15-20 players in the league- on a team in the other Conference.

I dont think 4 of the top 15-20 players in the league have ever been on the same team. Some of the Lakers/Celtics teams mightve been close---- but i dont think they ever got there.

If i was to just ball park it--- Golden State has:

#2: Durant
#4/5: Curry
#12-15: Draymond
#14-18: Klay

The Cavs of course have

#1: LeBron
#10-14: Kyrie
#24-28: Love

and then a better supporting cast than GSW in Thompson, JR, Shumpert, Dwill, Frye, Jefferson.

the next best team is probably the Spurs---

#3-5: Kawhi Leonard
#25:30: LaMarcus Aldridge

After that- they have a lot of good secondary players headlined by Parker, Gasol, Green, Ginobili, Mills, Dedmon, ------ but if Aldridge doesnt show up- or only shows up here and there- they definitely lack the firepower to keep up with the Cavs and Warriors.

Dont be so quick to label him the 2nd best player ever

Jordan didnt do things on the basketball court that Lebron does

And he sure has shit hasnt had the success Lebron has with much lesser teams (not this particular team of course)

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno man....its gonna be tough- but it would be amazing......if all those regular season wins and Durant's cowardice resulted in just 1 title where the Cavs were missing Love and Irving....it would be great.

Trust in LeBron...he is the leagues last great hope. LeBron is Luke Skywalker. He needs to come through and end the Empire. lol.

Oh, its gonna be really tough, mostly because IMO Draymond may be the toughest challenge defensively in the NBA for Lebron