• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: 2) Boston Celtics vs 8) Miami Heat

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look who shows up lol.

You dont even hide how much of an coward you are. Show up on the lakers series thread when its over. Show up here after the heat lose 2 straight for the first time all playoffs
No way they lose 4 straight. It is impossible. It goes against all of NBA League History.

They will DEFINITELY win at home in Game 6.......it would be an unfathomable embarrassment to lose a series after being up 3-0 and have that indignity attached to them for all time.

A collapse of that magnitude would make the Warriors 3-1 lead look like a walk in the park.

Game 6 for Miami = Lock of the Century.

Anyone want to double their money? Put every cent on the Heat for Game 6. No team in NBA history has ever lost after being up 3-0. No way it happens. Bet the farm.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I think if the Heat lose after going 3-0, it's a choke. Granted they have had some injuries, but still.
Its never happened before. Not once in the history of the NBA. Think of how many series there have been in the NBA playoffs over the course of the history of the league.

It just cant happen. Losing 4 in a row after winning the first 3 is impossible. There is a reason it has never happened before. It would be the choke job of all choke jobs. The embarassment of all embarassments. The humilation of all humilations.

That is why Miami is a lock to win the series. There is absolutely no way they lose the next 2 games.

They do not want it to go to Game 7 in Boston- so in my book- Game 6 is a lead-pipe lock for Miami. Take it to the bank and laugh all the way home with all the money you will make.

100% certain, lead pipe lock - no if ands or buts- Miami wins Game 6. Its a sure-thing. Sure-thing is an understatement. It is guaranteed Miami wins Game 6.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy is 100% right.

Guaranteed lock.

No way a team gags up a 3-0 lead.

I am going to double my money this weekend! I am not even waiting to spend it---- I am on Amazon right now just buying shit with the money that will inevitable be in my bank account when the whistle blows with a grand Heat victory in Game 6.

It is just simple history- no one in the history of the NBA has ever blown a 3-0 lead. LOCK OF THE CENTURY.

Daddy is getting a new pair of shoes!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way they lose 4 straight. It is impossible. It goes against all of NBA League History.

They will DEFINITELY win at home in Game 6.......it would be an unfathomable embarrassment to lose a series after being up 3-0 and have that indignity attached to them for all time.

A collapse of that magnitude would make the Warriors 3-1 lead look like a walk in the park.

Anyone want to double their money? Put every cent on the Heat for Game 6. No team in NBA history has ever lost after being up 3-0. No way it happens. Bet the farm.
It’s like winning the lottery. Possible and it will eventually happen but extremely rare. It has to happen at some point. It happened in baseball

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embarrassment…I don’t think that’s the right word as a whole but yes it would be embarrassing. Whether they were favored or not to win the series it would be the biggest collapse in NBA history. That is a given. They would be a league of their own…not ideal but I’m sure it would be devastating for the players, fans and team even if Boston was favored to win the series.

Yeah, Charles Barkley is right. The Celtics are the deeper, better team. For them to win, all they need to do is play like they're capable of playing. Imo, if there is embarrassment, it's the Celtics for losing the first 3 games and even being in this position. Even if they complete the comeback.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s like winning the lottery. Possible and it will eventually happen but extremely rare. It has to happen at some point. It happened in baseball
Extremely rare?

There have been hundreds- if not thousands of series in NBA history.

the times that a team with a 3-0 lead has lost =0.0000%. Nil....nothing- you cant divide by zero- non real number.

I dont fuck with all of those letters in math so I cant tell you about unreal numbers--- but I can tell you that Miami is the LOCK OF THE CENTURY.

for it to be "rare" it has to have happened before.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no way in hell the Heat have the most embarrassing collapse in NBA history, maybe in the history of North American sports and lose the next 2 games.

No team has ever lost being up 3-0 in the NBA. Cant happen. Miami will win one of the next 2 games.

There is no way they have the most epic collapse in the history of the NBA and embarasse themselves on such a grand scale.
I, and everyone else, see what you did there

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trying too hard now

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its never happened before. Not once in the history of the NBA. Think of how many series there have been in the NBA playoffs over the course of the history of the league.

It just cant happen. Losing 4 in a row after winning the first 3 is impossible. There is a reason it has never happened before. It would be the choke job of all choke jobs. The embarassment of all embarassments. The humilation of all humilations.

That is why Miami is a lock to win the series. There is absolutely no way they lose the next 2 games.

They do not want it to go to Game 7 in Boston- so in my book- Game 6 is a lead-pipe lock for Miami. Take it to the bank and laugh all the way home with all the money you will make.

100% certain, lead pipe lock - no if ands or buts- Miami wins Game 6. Its a sure-thing. Sure-thing is an understatement. It is guaranteed Miami wins Game 6.
Waaaayyy too hard

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol, exactly what I’m feeling right now

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extremely rare?

There have been hundreds- if not thousands of series in NBA history.

the times that a team with a 3-0 lead has lost =0.0000%. Nil....nothing- you cant divide by zero- non real number.

I dont fuck with all of those letters in math so I cant tell you about unreal numbers--- but I can tell you that Miami is the LOCK OF THE CENTURY.

for it to be "rare" it has to have happened before.
Well it isn’t impossible bc Boston is down 3-2 now technically. Extremely rare is about right. We’ve seen it happen in other sports. At this point it isn’t impossible though

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being up 3-0 and then losing the series would be embarrassing no matter how you slice it. 7 seed or not.

It would be especially embarrassing since this team was on the verge of winning the series until a 3rd quarter collapse in Game 4. They gave Boston life. They can’t let that happen.

I hear you. And I would feel that way too in the moment if it were my team.

But given time, I don’t see how this postseason can be viewed as anything but a major success no matter how it ends.

After all, you were able to get Boston on the ropes before they worked their way back.

Most teams not good enough to do that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embarrassment…I don’t think that’s the right word as a whole but yes it would be embarrassing. Whether they were favored or not to win the series it would be the biggest collapse in NBA history. That is a given. They would be a league of their own…not ideal but I’m sure it would be devastating for the players, fans and team even if Boston was favored to win the series.

Just like UVA was the first 1 to lose to a 16.

It sucked.

But I got over it quick when they won the title the very next season.

Boston wasn’t just favored. Many thought this series was a forgone conclusion.

Props to the Heat for playing so well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Someone will definitely be the first team to blow a 3-0 lead.

Literally not possible that it doesn’t happen at some point.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone will definitely be the first team to blow a 3-0 lead.

Literally not possible that it doesn’t happen at some point.
I guess that last comment not entirely true as, hell, one day might go to best of 5 series for all series.

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like UVA was the first 1 to lose to a 16.

It sucked.

But I got over it quick when they won the title the very next season.

Boston wasn’t just favored. Many thought this series was a forgone conclusion.

Props to the Heat for playing so well.
Boston may have been a huge favorite, but this is still the exact same Miami squad from last year who were the #1 seed.

The fans expected a lot more from the team this year than what they showed in the regular season. The media also picked them and Philly as the teams who could knock out Milwaukee and Boston in the playoffs. The team underachieving in the regular season is why they’ve become such a huge underdog is all.

Granted they did suffer plenty of injuries during the regular season, but I still expected more than a 44-38 record.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that last comment not entirely true as, hell, one day might go to best of 5 series for all series.

Not really.

Not giving up that money by shortening playoff series.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston may have been a huge favorite, but this is still the exact same Miami squad from last year who were the #1 seed.

The fans expected a lot more from the team this year than what they showed in the regular season. The media also picked them and Philly as the teams who could knock out Milwaukee and Boston in the playoffs. The team underachieving in the regular season is why they’ve become such a huge underdog is all.

Granted they did suffer plenty of injuries during the regular season, but I still expected more than a 44-38 record.

Boston is improved from last year and Herro isn’t playing.