• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: 2) Boston Celtics vs 8) Miami Heat

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you’re not a fan, but we miss Dipo’s defense too. He was all over Tatum and Brown in last year’s playoffs.
Yeah Dipo defense is cool when he knows his role on offense

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way home court is now in the NBA, I wouldn't be surprised to see Boston win Game 6 and lose Game 7.

With the way they've been during these playoffs, that almost seems like the most likely outcome.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston worked Miami last night. Spo made a huge mistake in starting Lowry but hopefully after last night he realizes that and we see less and less time of him on the court. Just because you used to be good doesnt mean you have the right to be playing now (just ask Blake Griffen lol). Highsmith hopefully has earned far more playing time in Game 6.

I am not confident with Miami, they have come out the last 2 games so flat and lethargic. Boston winning 4/5 of the last games in Miami is a big momentum boost and confidence builder for them. If Im Miami, this is one time I DONT want my name in the history books. Dont be the first team to ever allow this type of comeback.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spo is running out of players, and I am worried the Celtics are going to mount the epic comeback.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston worked Miami last night. Spo made a huge mistake in starting Lowry but hopefully after last night he realizes that and we see less and less time of him on the court. Just because you used to be good doesnt mean you have the right to be playing now (just ask Blake Griffen lol). Highsmith hopefully has earned far more playing time in Game 6.

I am not confident with Miami, they have come out the last 2 games so flat and lethargic. Boston winning 4/5 of the last games in Miami is a big momentum boost and confidence builder for them. If Im Miami, this is one time I DONT want my name in the history books. Dont be the first team to ever allow this type of comeback.

Lowry seems like he's a bit like D-Lo with the Lakers...start him, but have a short leash. If he starts off good, play him normal minutes...if not...sit him.

When he's right, he really helps your team. When he isn't, he really hurts them.

And yeah, you guys need to close them out for the good of basketball fans everywhere. If the Celtics pull this off AND win a title...their fans will become unbearable.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way they've been during these playoffs, that almost seems like the most likely outcome.
With the way these playoff have been I think Boston could either win or lose game 6 and if they win game 6, I think they could either win or lose game 7.

This is per ESPN

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,805.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowry seems like he's a bit like D-Lo with the Lakers...start him, but have a short leash. If he starts off good, play him normal minutes...if not...sit him.

When he's right, he really helps your team. When he isn't, he really hurts them.

And yeah, you guys need to close them out for the good of basketball fans everywhere. If the Celtics pull this off AND win a title...their fans will become unbearable.
Lakers fans would be far more miserable than any other fanbase if the Celtics were to get that all time best 18th chip before they did.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see the Celtics finally wake up and decide to make this one a series, at least.

No one should forget that Miami still has the edge 3-2. This is still their series to lose.

Of course, Boston shot the 3-ball well last night. That's a key to their success... (and, frankly, it's what makes the prospect of needing to win 4 in a row against a tough opponent so daunting: shooting can come and go).

But what shouldn't come and go is the defense we saw from Boston last night. Such performances beg an obvious question: why can't this Boston team play with that kind of energy and focus on defense all the damn time!?

It's infuriating that they don't.

Anywho... we'll see if the Celtics can uncharacteristically keep their edge for the next must-win game.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,805.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, after all the years it took to catch them. It would definitely suck. lol
Be that as it may, if Boston does in fact win game 6 and then game 7 too ( both big if’s btw), I think they’d be so run down and worn out that Denver wouldn’t have much trouble at all disposing of them in the next round anyhow….rendering all of that moot.