• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: 2) Boston Celtics vs 8) Miami Heat

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a 2nd half! I saw that the Heat switched things up in their 2nd half coverage of the paint. I was unaware that you were allowed to do that in the middle of the game.
- Signed
Doc Rivers

6 Game 1s in a row @bksballer89. Great start. 3,4, and 6 now. Jimmy Butler is what Jesus Shuttlesworth should have been.
Doc watching the heat 2nd half....

Doc Rivers Basketball GIF

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Celtics matched up really well with Miami, especially without tucker and basically no noteworthy 4

Spo does it again though with playoff butler
Is Grant that bad these days that he is a bench warmer?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strus defense on Tatum late in the game cant be overlooked

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is only a thing because the lakers are good again. Nobody said a word about this when Miami/Boston played last year in the ECF
Should sell California to Mexico and disband all the teams there.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is unbelievable, first the Bulls give up on Jimmy Fucking Butler because he complained they did not work hard enough, then they let Strus walk from the organization. Bitter? yeah, but Jimmy deserves rings.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is unbelievable, first the Bulls give up on Jimmy Fucking Butler because he complained they did not work hard enough, then they let Strus walk from the organization. Bitter? yeah, but Jimmy deserves rings.
Bulls aren't the only one. Butler is a handful apparently, alienated the punk kids in Minnesota, forced out in Philly, etc.

LaVine and the draft rights to Markkanen wasn't a bad return, but they didn't keep Markkanen. The Wolves got poor value, as did the Sixers.

If not for that Kawhi buzzer beater in the playoffs, is Butler still in Philly? Maybe.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami played levels above the Celtics last night

The coach had a lot to do with it too

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls aren't the only one. Butler is a handful apparently, alienated the punk kids in Minnesota, forced out in Philly, etc.

LaVine and the draft rights to Markkanen wasn't a bad return, but they didn't keep Markkanen. The Wolves got poor value, as did the Sixers.

If not for that Kawhi buzzer beater in the playoffs, is Butler still in Philly? Maybe.
The word in Philly was this on Butler:
1) Simmons camp came to the Sixers upset that Simmons was taken off the ball late in the season and in the playoffs.
2) Internally, many in the organization feared that he could make negative waves in the locker room. Brett Brown was the driving force behind that opinion.

Ironically, the Sixers ended up firing Brown after one more year and Simmons was traded two years later. It speaks to the Sixers front office futility that they perceived a guy who would out work everybody and challenge others to be their best was deemed to be a potential negative in the locker room. That pretty much sums up Sixers futility to a tee.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SPO is an all time Top 10 for sure, could be Top 3-5 greatest coach when all is done, but my main issue with him all these years has always been his rotations. He plays guys that should not be playing at times and doesnt know when to sit them. Duncan Robinson should not be playing, Cody Zeller is good, but this is not a good matchup for him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SPO is an all time Top 10 for sure, could be Top 3-5 greatest coach when all is done, but my main issue with him all these years has always been his rotations. He plays guys that should not be playing at times and doesnt know when to sit them. Duncan Robinson should not be playing, Cody Zeller is good, but this is not a good matchup for him.
Not many bigs to choose from. Love and Zeller. Duncan seems like a hit or miss but everything Spo is doing seems to be working. Every coach has a miss here and there.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami scored 46 points in the 3rd quarter and Mazulla didn’t call a single timeout.

Is this correct? If so, that's unbelievable lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami scored 46 points in the 3rd quarter and Mazulla didn’t call a single timeout.

Is this correct? If so, that's unbelievable lol

I mean, there's something to be said for not calling timeouts and letting the guys on the floor "figure it out".

But that's a bit extreme. lol

Phil Jackson was a big advocate of that and used to do it a lot, especially in the regular season. But I can't remember him ever letting a team get 46 in a quarter without calling timeout. Especially in the playoffs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, there's something to be said for not calling timeouts and letting the guys on the floor "figure it out".

Phil Jackson was a big advocate of that and used to do it a lot, especially in the regular season. But I can't remember him ever letting a team get 46 in a quarter without calling timeout. Especially in the playoffs.
Yeah right but pretty crazy not one called TO. Spo I'm sure called a couple I assume but that is extreme

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a 3rd quarter ass kicking the Heat put on the Celtics last night.

It was painful to watch.

And damn you Jimmy Buckets!!! He had a great game. What did he end up with 6 steals?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only thing I can come up with is cannot waste TOs in 2nd half as could need for a challenge or end of game.....or both.

I also was not watching that quarter....aren't there TOs due to network/commercials?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why call a timeout when you have the under 7 and under 3 official timeouts? Lol
This one has always been a feel decision for me. End of game situations, the more time outs I have the better. Sometimes the right group, the right player in the group, can save the time out and make a play to stop the bleeding by finding the right matchup to get a bucket or going to the rim and getting fouled or a finish. Every group is different. That one tweet going around about Spo calling the quick 4th Q time out is what I’m thinking of. Jimmy was on the bench getting some rest for the end of the 4th. That’s time out time. If Jimmy is on the floor, I bet Spo lets Jimmy try and help them play out of it without a time out. If I’m Mazz, knowing Game 1 from the Philly series, I’m going the other way and not letting my guys play through it.

Mazz biggest “sin” last night wasn’t the lack of a time out in the 3rd. It was not playing through Tatum throughout his 4Q minutes.