• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: 1) Milwaukee Bucks vs 2) Toronto Raptors

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you expect everyone here to be a Bucks fan? If you do then you came to the wrong place.
I didn't say I expect him to be... He said that he is! ...after barking around like a mad dog like if his sis was insulted because of me saying that if Brogdon and Hill were given time out of Middleton and Brogdon, the Bucks would have won the game...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just left a comment over in the Lakers off-season thread. I'm honestly speechless. Not a sarcastic thing to say right now about it. Talk about a bad look for the Lakers heading into this summers big FA pool.
Not just that.

He decided pull this shit he day the of the Lakers introducing their 3rd choice hiring of the New Coach?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of their best players fouled out with 6 minutes to go and their only good bench player fouled out afterward. Then Siakam missed two free throws any of which would’ve ended the game in regulation.

Toronto’s flawed but this is just lazy analysis.

Raptors don't look deep enough to win the series. Just based on the way the 1st 3 games have gone, they've had substantial leads in games so you know they can play with the Bucks, but only 1 W and it took them 2 OTs at home to get that one...I just don't see them getting 3 more Ws. Lowry and Siakam both need to bring their best games to help Kawhi push this series beyond 5 games it seems.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just that.

He decided pull this shit he day the of the Lakers introducing their 3rd choice hiring of the New Coach?

There's some major dysfunction going on in LakerLand right now. Never thought I'd say this but maybe Jimmy Buss wasn't so bad after all?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 can you make a Magic Johnson thread?

Dude has no chill.

Why is he airing the Lakers out on First Take?

PS. A win is a win, Raptors Fans.

The series doesn't start until someone loses on their home court.
What if the home team wins every game and the series ends 4-3, does it start then?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm genuinely curious how often that's happened. I'd think it's rare.

Yeah for sure.
It happened once to Miami that I can recall in recent memory
D-Wade rookie year vs New Orleans in round 1

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if the home team wins every game and the series ends 4-3, does it start then?

:poke:

You got me....lol

:wink:

Unfortunately for the Raps, the series that would be starting would be the NBA Finals.

They would be watching it the same way as the rest of us...

On TV

Reactions: GNG

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he traveled.

The first time I saw it, watching live, I thought it was a humongous travel.

Then I went back and watched the replay like 8 times in slow motion.

It was really close, and I couldn't draw a firm conclusion either way.

What made it so awkward was that he kind of picked up his dribble with 1 hand, took a short step, then picked up the ball with both hands and he started his long Euro- step move.

It all depends on when you rule that he discontinued his dribble. And I think there is a valid case on both sides. That is why the TNT guys didn't agree.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giannis was awful. 12 points and 8 TO's. He wasn't the best player on the court. Kawhi was. Giannis wasn't even the best player for the Bucks in G3

Agree Giannis played very poorly.

But, as soon as he went to the bench it was instant Raptor scoring run.

The gravitational pull around Giannis allows his teammates to play freely and play well. Kawhi outperformed him for sure, but Giannis' impact for the Bucks was still quite large.

Reactions: GNG

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The gravitational pull around Giannis allows his teammates to play freely and play well. Kawhi outperformed him for sure, but Giannis' impact for the Bucks was still quite large.
Kawhi was deliberately put on Giannis all night and it worked. Check todays 538 analysis

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi was deliberately put on Giannis all night and it worked. Check todays 538 analysis

It was a good adjustment.

But I think the precise placement of help defenders was equally important, IMO.

There always seemed to be 2 or 3 Raptor players ready to help on every Giannis drive, yet they were still able to get out and effectively contest attempts from the Bucks better shooters.

Very impressive defense.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what happen when you play team defense, both these teams are great defensively. I would put them at 1 - 2 in the league. Giannis even if he doesn't score can impact the game like Lebron. Lebron was just so much better at it and not slacking in the scoring department. Giannis' defense is also amazing so is his rebounding numbers. If only Lebron had a team in his early Cavs days as Giannis does now, he had a nice defensive team but they weren't two way players like Giannis has. All the weapons have found their role and they all seem to fit perfectly. Might be the first team we see in a long time to win it all with only one STAR player. Last one was Dirk, also Hakeem? maybe. I might be missing one.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:poke:

You got me....lol

:wink:

Unfortunately for the Raps, the series that would be starting would be the NBA Finals.

They would be watching it the same way as the rest of us...

On TV

I hope the bucks can make it but I still have my doubts. 1 shall see

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what happen when you play team defense, both these teams are great defensively. I would put them at 1 - 2 in the league. Giannis even if he doesn't score can impact the game like Lebron. Lebron was just so much better at it and not slacking in the scoring department. Giannis' defense is also amazing so is his rebounding numbers. If only Lebron had a team in his early Cavs days as Giannis does now, he had a nice defensive team but they weren't two way players like Giannis has. All the weapons have found their role and they all seem to fit perfectly. Might be the first team we see in a long time to win it all with only one STAR player. Last one was Dirk, also Hakeem? maybe. I might be missing one.

What about Middleton? I consider him and jimmy butler close and everyone calls jimmy a star