• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eat it Jets

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New York fans are screwed, I have a nephew that lives in Hoboken, he is a die-hard Mets and so-so Giants fan. He works for MLB, so football is secondary. My old man, who lives in NYC, is a Yankees fan. Cities like NY, metro area, New Jersey wannabees, is too much to handle. And you have the Bills as well, what a mess. That place needs some kind of sorting out.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another ridiculous punishment handed down by Goofball.
Was it tampering? That could be debated. But to fine him $100k is a joke. Either penalize him so it hurts and sends a message. Or say it wasn`t tampering.
Does anyone think this will deter future tampering? I think not.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New York fans are screwed, I have a nephew that lives in Hoboken, he is a die-hard Mets and so-so Giants fan. He works for MLB, so football is secondary. My old man, who lives in NYC, is a Yankees fan. Cities like NY, metro area, New Jersey wannabees, is too much to handle. And you have the Bills as well, what a mess. That place needs some kind of sorting out.

I dunno if I would generalize that much. The Giants and Yankees have brought that city quite a few championships and the Mets have at least been a few times and won. Bills at least have been to the SBOWL quite a bit which is more than I can say for other teams. Knicks at least have a couple Championships.

Not sure I follow your post. Are you saying they're screwed NOW? Not disagreeing with what you're saying, just not following entirely.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno if I would generalize that much. The Giants and Yankees have brought that city quite a few championships and the Mets have at least been a few times and won. Bills at least have been to the SBOWL quite a bit which is more than I can say for other teams. Knicks at least have a couple Championships.

Not sure I follow your post. Are you saying they're screwed NOW? Not disagreeing with what you're saying, just not following entirely.

Excellent points and thanks for the opportunity to clarify. My response was to a post jesting about the Jets, and well, I got a little carried away. I love NYC and respect all the teams there, was being a little sarcastic ...

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL will fine the Jets $100,000 in the Darrelle Revis tampering case, but will not subtract any draft picks from New York, according to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News.

The Patriots filed tampering charges with the league shortly after Jets owner Woody Johnson made comments about wanting Revis back when he was still under contract to New England, saying in December, “I’d love for Darrelle to come back.” The cornerback then signed with New York on the first day of NFL free agency.

According to Mehta, New England will not be punished for a counter-tampering charge the Jets made against the Patriots for comments that owner Robert Kraft made regarding Revis after he signed back with New York.
Kraft and Goodell are buddies.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kraft and Goodell are buddies.

So what, both have a lot of buddies. That adds nothing at all to the investigative procedure. You should know better being from the state that glorifies "buddy" relationships.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what, both have a lot of buddies. That adds nothing at all to the investigative procedure. You should know better being from the state that glorifies "buddy" relationships.
:nono:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent points and thanks for the opportunity to clarify. My response was to a post jesting about the Jets, and well, I got a little carried away. I love NYC and respect all the teams there, was being a little sarcastic ...

Ah gotcha lol. Yah it's certainly been rough for the Jets over the years. They actually have assembled some decent teams from time to time but always fall a bit short somewhere. Pats have been a tough division rival though for the last decade, that makes it tough. When you have a complete team like that it really makes other division rivals look bad at least in recent memory.

It will be interesting with the draft spreading around though. We may very well have Chicago Bears fans going, "NOOOO!" this year lol.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha you are funny G&G, got to hand that to you. Let's have a beer and I'll tell you some cowboy stories :suds:

Okay but get your hand off my leg..... :suds:

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I thought the Jets would get fined because it's the NFL and they don't want anymore black eyes, but I don't think what Woody said was tampering at all... I doubt the Patriots would have kept Revis to begin with. Revis got his ring (which he said he wanted) and he wanted to get paid and the Jets did it.... and he probably thought he had nothing left to prove in New England

I kind of think this is why it was just a fine. He was gone no matter what. NFL had to do something, so this was it. No biggie. Just glad it is over...

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were fined $100k wouldn't it hurt?

You are missing the point friend, 100 Gs is a slap on the wrist for those guys, heck the watch on that wrist is probably worth that much.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are missing the point friend, 100 Gs is a slap on the wrist for those guys, heck the watch on that wrist is probably worth that much.
It's still $100G's and even owners hate to lose that amount.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah gotcha lol. Yah it's certainly been rough for the Jets over the years. They actually have assembled some decent teams from time to time but always fall a bit short somewhere. Pats have been a tough division rival though for the last decade, that makes it tough. When you have a complete team like that it really makes other division rivals look bad at least in recent memory.

It will be interesting with the draft spreading around though. We may very well have Chicago Bears fans going, "NOOOO!" this year lol.

Excellent, thanks man. Yeah the Jets have been up and down, as have been other teams in AFCE. Any honest Pats fan will admit we want more competition, even if that means we lose - it's going to happen eventually, they have been rebuilding efficiently, whilst other teams in the div look down instead of up. We got our asses kicked for years in that div, so we fans are just having some fun now that success has filled our hearts with pride in our team. Pats could never win anything again and I would die a happy man for what they have given us fans.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were fined $100k wouldn't it hurt?
Hmmmmm let me see 100000 for a billionaire that will profit even more through merchandising and sales. Oh yeah it hurts real bad.
Yes it woukd hurt me. I know you may this hard to believe but I don't own an NFL franchise.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^find this^