• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: Boston Celtics vs Miami Heat

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami's D has nothing to do with Boston's long distance shooting woes. I don't believe that. Just making fun of someone that said the Celtics D had nothing to do with the Raptors shooting issues in the semis.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat looking good in this series so far. And that damn zone is shutting down the Celtics. Hope Stevens makes the right changes for game 3.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit I wish Hayward was healthy for this series.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Raptors would have been a tougher matchup in this series. I believe this series is over. I had Miami in 7 but Miami could be waiting around for awhile for the WCF's to end lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perhaps a petition thread...?

"please, Wiggy. come back and enjoy the playoffs with us. we miss your valuable insight..." :pound:
They are definitely playing better than I thought....but not ducking as there were more important sporting events to concentrate on last night.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perhaps a petition thread...?

"please, Wiggy. come back and enjoy the playoffs with us. we miss your valuable insight..." :pound:

All the trash he's talked and now he's not around, which is a good thing. But that spineless fool ain't showing his face around here. He scared.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And nobody playing defense......other than Smart.

And how much does fatigue play a factor in that?

MIA has had more rest, but Spol isn't playing his starters more than 36 minutes.
Might explain why MIA has had the answers late in the game.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the trash he's talked and now he's not around, which is a good thing. But that spineless fool ain't showing his face around here. He scared.
It's like what to12 said. All the clown cares about is "winning the internet. Thinking he don't really care how wrong he is, or how often. It's just about trolling...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like what to12 said. All the clown cares about is "winning the internet. Thinking he don't really care how wrong he is, or how often. It's just about trolling...

I think if the Celtics were up 2-0 he'd be around blathering on & on about the Heat. And with how great they've been playing I don't see the Celtics digging themselves outta this hole. That zone's fuckin' them up.

Now his only chance is to hope that a LeBron led Lakers squad won't take care of business. I think the Nuggets have a damn good team. But LeBron's on a mission. With the break the season had to take unlike other playoff runs his battery is fully charged. And that's a scary thing for the Nuggets. They won't stop him. And they won't be able to contain him. Which to be honest makes me sick. :heh:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Raptors would have been a tougher matchup in this series. I believe this series is over. I had Miami in 7 but Miami could be waiting around for awhile for the WCF's to end lol
Not really. Made changes to the schedule so both conference finals will be on track with each other

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a real shocker. Giannis wins MVP. Somewhere buckyboy is celebrating. Have Jalen & Jacoby on. Rose said something I agree with. The MVP award should be announced right after the regular season ends.

He joins Steve Nash as the only back to back MVP's that didn't make it to the Finals. Not a good list to be on.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Far from over man.

2-0 is a lot easier to come back from than 3-1, and that has already happened twice this year.

1 thing about playing in the bubble. It is easier for a team to build a solid series lead, but it is also easier for the other team to come back.

Since the games have been close, I see no reason to think Miami has this thing locked up.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the Celtics were up 2-0 he'd be around blathering on & on about the Heat. And with how great they've been playing I don't see the Celtics digging themselves outta this hole. That zone's fuckin' them up.

Now his only chance is to hope that a LeBron led Lakers squad won't take care of business. I think the Nuggets have a damn good team. But LeBron's on a mission. With the break the season had to take unlike other playoff runs his battery is fully charged. And that's a scary thing for the Nuggets. They won't stop him. And they won't be able to contain him. Which to be honest makes me sick. :heh:

It is kind of crazy to think about the Lakers potential pathway to the title, should they win it.

Portland was their hardest possible 1st round opponent. And it easily could have gone another direction.

Between Houston and OKC, Houston was the tougher test.

But now, playing Denver is obviously preferable to playing LAC and I know Laker fans would rather see Miami than Milwaukee or Boston.

Plenty of ammunition for the LeBron haters, but I don’t care how he gets there. Winning a title in LA at age 35 would cement him as co-GOAT in my book.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a real shocker. Giannis wins MVP. <snip>

He joins Steve Nash as the only back to back MVP's that didn't make it to the Finals. Not a good list to be on.
Not really eyebrow raising IMO unless one foresees Giannis having a Gerald Wallace-esque decline where he only has 3 or 4 years of stellar athleticism left in the tank. Nash was averaging 8.6 PPG and 4.9 APG when he was Giannis's age.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how much does fatigue play a factor in that?

MIA has had more rest, but Spol isn't playing his starters more than 36 minutes.
Might explain why MIA has had the answers late in the game.

I don't really think rest is much of an advantage in the bubble. These guys are coming off a 2-3 month layoff. At the start of the bubble, all teams were playing game 1. With no back-to-backs in the playoff, fatigue should be the last thing you hear.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers win it all I can see the LeBron haters out there saying these things.

-his path to the title wasn't tough enough (didn't have to play this team, didn't have to play that team)
-the title would be invalid because of the circumstances of the season*
-the refs bailed the Lakers out (hey it could happen)

* = that's the 100% bullshit excuse I'm going with if my team doesn't win

And anyone that tries to hold his Finals losses against him to say his career resume is bad or something are just being biased. He's the best all around player I've ever seen. And as the years have gone by he's climbed up my all time players list. Taking everything into consideration I can't put him any lower than two.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers win it all I can see the LeBron haters out there saying these things.

-his path to the title wasn't tough enough (didn't have to play this team, didn't have to play that team)
-the title would be invalid because of the circumstances of the season*
-the refs bailed the Lakers out (hey it could happen)

* = that's the 100% bullshit excuse I'm going with if my team doesn't win

And anyone that tries to hold his Finals losses against him to say his career resume is bad or something are just being biased. He's the best all around player I've ever seen. And as the years have gone by he's climbed up my all time players list. Taking everything into consideration I can't put him any lower than two.

Dammit. @tlance thought I quoted you. This was my response to your # 394 comment.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really eyebrow raising IMO unless one foresees Giannis having a Gerald Wallace-esque decline where he only has 3 or 4 years of stellar athleticism left in the tank. Nash was averaging 8.6 PPG and 4.9 APG when he was Giannis's age.

I think the only way he has a massive decline is if the injury bug gets him. I hope that doesn't happen. He's exciting to watch.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far from over man.

2-0 is a lot easier to come back from than 3-1, and that has already happened twice this year.

1 thing about playing in the bubble. It is easier for a team to build a solid series lead, but it is also easier for the other team to come back.

Since the games have been close, I see no reason to think Miami has this thing locked up.

Ohh definitely Boston can definitely fight back but I think it is over. It has nothing to do with the bubble but bc of who Miami is... this team doesn't make a lot of mistakes and they are in a lot of close games, someone seems to step up. They seem to thrive in those games. Nobody has done that for the Celtics yet, waiting for Tatum.