• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: 5) Atlanta Hawks vs 3) Milwaukee Bucks

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see that Steve Kerr said KD's more skilled than MJ? Sounds like Kerr's still pissed at MJ for punching him during practice back in the day.
Or maybe he thinks KD is more skilled than MJ.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Wahlberg Reaction GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
This is the same guy who wants to trade Simmons for a footlong Subway sandwich so....

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

Did I stutter?

Look, it is the internet, you need to have at least one provocative take, so this will be mine: Trae will be better than Luka when all is said and done.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys would be hot and bothered too if one of your supposed star players choked like that. After some calm reflection, I am not willing to trade him for bags of chips or Subway sandwiches. I think the wise course of action is not to trade him at all. Bring him back for a season and see if his shame will finally force him to work on his shot. If not...relegate him to the second unit.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that lol but he was pretty bad the last month or 2 at OU

He was. But man, feel free to send my shit posts (there were multiple times I said it) over to Cold Takes. That shit's laughable at how wrong I was.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow this is lame of the NBA if they want the refs calling it soon as he hit 10 seconds on his free throws. This tells me they do treat this as a shot clock violation/8 second violation

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to know the avg time of Giannis ft attempts in the playoffs

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to know the avg time of Giannis ft attempts in the playoffs

On the ones he shot in game 7 against Brooklyn, the crowd was counting and they got to 12 just about every time and 13 at least twice that I remember.

I expect that when the series gets to Atlanta...Hawks fans will let us know if he's improved. lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't great shooting then.

His percentages are consistent. Playoffs to regular season to career(so far).

Guys like Lillard and Curry take absolute bombs. Harden idk if I've ever seen him take a rhythm 3.

Shit in college he shot 36%. A elite shooter like Markus Howard was always at 40% taking low percentage logo shots. Trae is a budding superstar and Markus is praying to get minutes.........because of Trae's other vast skills and slightly more size.

I am not saying Trae is horrendous or anything. Actually more of a compliment. Teams should be able to just force the guy into chuck mode where its low percentage. But even at his size hes so good at getting into the paint and gashing you with floaters and balls at the rim.

Who is a better shooter?

Shaq or JR Smith?

You can’t evaluate a shooter by percentage without contextualizing the degree of difficulty.

Trae Young isn’t Curry, but he is a very good shooter who has some really bad shot selection at times. His FT% is more representative of his shooting skill than anything from the field.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trae reminds me of Iverson, but with a better shooting percentage. No one yet has been able to stop a very simple combination of moves he has: perimeter jumper, floater and alley-oop pass to his bigs.

He basically goes through a very similar progression nearly ever possession: he looks for his shot, blows by his defender on a pick and roll (which he can seemingly do at will), and either put up his high-percentage floater in the lane or throw a crisp pass to one of his bigs for a dunk if the defense overplays the floater.

It's insane how deadly this is, and no one can stop it. Part of it is that he makes the right decisions in his progression almost every time. He is reading the defense.

I don’t like the Iverson comp at all.

Iverson was a freak athlete with a marginal jump shot.

Trae Young is insanely skilled with his handle and float game. He is quick, but not anywhere close to ballpark of being as athletic and explosive as AI.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait what? He has to take bad shots, he’s 2 ft tall!

I don’t disagree with you.

The guy said Trae Young isn’t a good shooter. He is the focal point of opposing defenses and like you said he is very small.

I can guarantee you every scouting report has Trae Young labeled as a shooter. It is pretty obvious in the way he is guarded.

And that is why he forces up a lot of bad shots from 3.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see that Steve Kerr said KD's more skilled than MJ? Sounds like Kerr's still pissed at MJ for punching him during practice back in the day.

He is more skilled than MJ.

That doesn’t mean he is the better player.

KD is a much better shooter. What skill does MJ have that KD doesn’t?

MJ obviously a more explosive athlete, a better defender, more heart, intangibles, etc.

But most coaches are talking about offensive skills when they make comments like that, and yeah, KD’s skill set is better.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is a better shooter?

Shaq or JR Smith?

You can’t evaluate a shooter by percentage without contextualizing the degree of difficulty.

Trae Young isn’t Curry, but he is a very good shooter who has some really bad shot selection at times. His FT% is more representative of his shooting skill than anything from the field.

Well JR duh. Thats an idiotic comp because Shaq literally couldnt shoot it from anywhere, nor would he try.

Again, I did contextualize the degree of difficulty. The Young shoots 34% on 3s. Hes done it for years. That isn't ever going to be great. Plenty of other guys shoot "degree of difficulty shots" and they do it better.

If you can't make a shot, you probably shouldnt uhhhhhh take it. Fact of the matter is, if Young is bombing from deep its a win for the defense. Its not a win for other actual great shooters.

If free throw shooting is what determines a good shooter. Then I guess Jimmy Butler should up his 3 pt shot volume.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well JR duh. Thats an idiotic comp because Shaq literally couldnt shoot it from anywhere, nor would he try.

Again, I did contextualize the degree of difficulty. The Young shoots 34% on 3s. Hes done it for years. That isn't ever going to be great. Plenty of other guys shoot "degree of difficulty shots" and they do it better.

If you can't make a shot, you probably shouldnt uhhhhhh take it. Fact of the matter is, if Young is bombing from deep its a win for the defense. Its not a win for other actual great shooters.

If free throw shooting is what determines a good shooter. Then I guess Jimmy Butler should up his 3 pt shot volume.

No you didn’t.

You said Trae Young isn’t a very good shooter.

He is actually. I wouldn’t say he is elite, but he is certainly above average compared to other shooters.

His percentages just don’t show it because he takes some really bad shots.

You know, like JR Smith. Hence the question.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you didn’t.

You said Trae Young isn’t a very good shooter.

He is actually. I wouldn’t say he is elite, but he is certainly above average compared to other shooters.

His percentages just don’t show it because he takes some really bad shots.

You know, like JR Smith. Hence the question.

No. I said hes "not a GREAT shooter". He isn't. He is above average forsure, I'd even say good. Due to the fact that he does have a well rounded game outside the paint. But great?? No. Too many bricks from deep.

And drop the JR comp. It was idiotic. And actually your arguments just collapse on themselves.

You say that free throw shooting is more of an indicator for Trae's shooting. But then you compare JR Smith and fucking Shaq?!?!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I said hes "not a GREAT shooter". He isn't. He is above average forsure, I'd even say good. Due to the fact that he does have a well rounded game outside the paint. But great?? No. Too many bricks from deep.

And drop the JR comp. It was idiotic. And actually your arguments just collapse on themselves.

You say that free throw shooting is more of an indicator for Trae's shooting. But then you compare JR Smith and fucking Shaq?!?!

Stop it.

It was clearly an extreme example designed to illustrate the point that shooting percentage doesn’t tell the story.

You want to say he is good shooter? Cool. Can’t argue with that.

The way you said made it seem like you were knocking his shooting ability. Usually when people say someone “isn’t a great shooter”, they actually mean that he is a bad shooter.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow this is lame of the NBA if they want the refs calling it soon as he hit 10 seconds on his free throws. This tells me they do treat this as a shot clock violation/8 second violation

Sounds like the NBA want him to pick up the pace. He's like Karl Malone long when it comes to taking ft's.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it.

It was clearly an extreme example designed to illustrate the point that shooting percentage doesn’t tell the story.

You want to say he is good shooter? Cool. Can’t argue with that.

The way you said made it seem like you were knocking his shooting ability. Usually when people say someone “isn’t a great shooter”, they actually mean that he is a bad shooter.

No, like I said twice now. I was more using it to boost up how impressive hes been overall. That even if he is blasting up a wild 4/13 from deep, teams still can't stop him from getting to his spots inside the arc to post an efficient 48 on 34 shots.

Hes clearly not a bad shooter. That would be a Butler or DeRozan type(from a 3 point shooting stand point) or some dude who strictly shoots catch and shoot and barely makes 1/3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, like I said twice now. I was more using it to boost up how impressive hes been overall. That even if he is blasting up a wild 4/13 from deep, teams still can't stop him from getting to his spots inside the arc to post an efficient 48 on 34 shots.

Hes clearly not a bad shooter. That would be a Butler or DeRozan type(from a 3 point shooting stand point) or some dude who strictly shoots catch and shoot and barely makes 1/3

Alright, fair enough.

Although, I will say, a big part of the reason he is getting to his spots is because opposing teams sell out to stay in his air space behind the 3 point line.