• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: 5) Atlanta Hawks vs 3) Milwaukee Bucks

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inside the NBA destroying this drop coverage BS Milwaukee is using on the picks.

If they did homework on Atlanta, they would know that coverage would never work against this team

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inside the NBA destroying this drop coverage BS Milwaukee is using on the picks.

If they did homework on Atlanta, they would know that coverage would never work against this team

Homework? It's coach Bud we're talking about here.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lopez minutes should be limited in this series

Yep. Props to Bud for realizing that. I am actually surprised he played as little as he did last night. Thought Bud was wrong for playing him as much as he did against Brooklyn.

Have to give him 1 complement at least.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you watching their pick and roll defense? It is the same horrible defense they used vs Brooklyn THE ENTIRE SERIES that Durant destroyed

And really that any good ball handler will destroy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet. Great game today.

Anything. Can. Happen.

And no one on Atlanta are KD not even Trae

Point being though, that coverage just doesn’t work in the NBA. Guys are too good.

That is what you might use in high school when you want to bait the opposing PG in to taking tough shots off the dribble. Even then, it is passive and I personally don’t like it. Trae Young, KD, (insert and top player name) will torch that coverage consistently.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trae scoring ability is pretty insane when you consider his size and the fact hes really not a great shooter.

Not a great shooter?

I disagree.

His percentages are down because of his shot selection.

He is a fantastic shooter in terms of skill who takes a lot of bad shots.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta doing this without Hunter and Reddish as well. Not that they are huge but hunter especially a solid player

And a compromised Gallinari.

They are pretty thin, but they really need to consider playing him a lot less. He just hasn’t been effective.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a great shooter?

I disagree.

That isn't great shooting then.

His percentages are consistent. Playoffs to regular season to career(so far).

Guys like Lillard and Curry take absolute bombs. Harden idk if I've ever seen him take a rhythm 3.

Shit in college he shot 36%. A elite shooter like Markus Howard was always at 40% taking low percentage logo shots. Trae is a budding superstar and Markus is praying to get minutes.........because of Trae's other vast skills and slightly more size.

I am not saying Trae is horrendous or anything. Actually more of a compliment. Teams should be able to just force the guy into chuck mode where its low percentage. But even at his size hes so good at getting into the paint and gashing you with floaters and balls at the rim.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trae doing Curry like things

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trae reminds me of Iverson, but with a better shooting percentage. No one yet has been able to stop a very simple combination of moves he has: perimeter jumper, floater and alley-oop pass to his bigs.

He basically goes through a very similar progression nearly ever possession: he looks for his shot, blows by his defender on a pick and roll (which he can seemingly do at will), and either put up his high-percentage floater in the lane or throw a crisp pass to one of his bigs for a dunk if the defense overplays the floater.

It's insane how deadly this is, and no one can stop it. Part of it is that he makes the right decisions in his progression almost every time. He is reading the defense.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a great shooter?

I disagree.

Dumbest take I ever had was that Trae should've stayed another year in college due to his shooting. I think Trae's doing pretty okay in that department. The guy can shoot.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No strategy NBA!!

the arrogance.

trae young , really? if you can’t contain , NOT like you don’t know his game , the littlest dude on court. Why bother!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even know that was a supposed issue with Trae coming out of college. I thought the whole appeal of Trae out of college was his deadly perimeter offense, but people questioned his size and ability to execute at the NBA level against bigger guards.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet opposite what he says.

Damn right. There's a reason why I had to place three bets to get my fake cash total to where it is now. I'm terrible at picking games.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trae reminds me of Iverson, but with a better shooting percentage. No one yet has been able to stop a very simple combination of moves he has: perimeter jumper, floater and alley-oop pass to his bigs.

He basically goes through a very similar progression nearly ever possession: he looks for his shot, blows by his defender on a pick and roll (which he can seemingly do at will), and either put up his high-percentage floater in the lane or throw a crisp pass to one of his bigs for a dunk if the defense overplays the floater.

It's insane how deadly this is, and no one can stop it. Part of it is that he makes the right decisions in his progression almost every time. He is reading the defense.
I feel like I see a little bit of Steve Nash in Young

Edit: turns out his favorite player to watch was Nash