• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: (2) Lightning vs (2) Penguins

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like previously said, he was a prick.

The Moose was a fan favorite in his short time here.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like previously said, he was a prick.

The Moose was a fan favorite in his short time here.
His prickishness aside, he helped win two Cups.

Not that a Cup is quite the same as some cocaine, but I'll just leave this here:

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MAF has had shitty d men his entire career here with the Pens too...lets not discount that shit

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MAF has had shitty d men his entire career here with the Pens too...lets not discount that shit

I definitely think scheme and defensemen have an impact on a goalie, the best goalies often have great systems in front of them, but it's not an excuse for some of his absolutely awful postseasons. For most, actually. He had very obvious mental issues in the Philly series that carried over. He did well to correct them, but don't pretend the issues didn't exist. I love the guy, he's why we're in the playoffs for his early season especially, but this is Murray's net for the rest of the postseason.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guise, goaltending is not playtime, it's serious business.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a Center when I played, there are not many goalies I care for.

There are certain players you hope do good because they were the laundry you root for, but that doesn't mean you have to like them.
Not that I know what this feels like or anything [:gaah:], but I'm reasonably certain I couldn't hate any of the key components if my team won back-to-back championships.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I know what this feels like or anything [:gaah:], but I'm reasonably certain I couldn't hate any of the key components if my team won back-to-back championships.

Look at it this way, you hate Frank Reich but still rooted for him to do good when he was on the field.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many hockey people who think this is a hit that must be removed from the game. Even in real time, the fact that Callahan altered his attack angle based on the evasive action of his opponent and strategically placed his arm on the neck/head of Letang to deliver a dangerous and forceful blow, demonstrates presence of thought.

This was not an unavoidable hit as a result of Letang placing himself in a vulnerable position immediately prior to, or simultaneously with, the check. It’s even difficult to suggest it was about delivering reasonable force to eliminate a player in order to gain puck possession.

This hit was more about delivering a punishing blow; one that, perhaps while not deliberately intended, might eliminate a key player on the opposing team from a game or series.

C’Mon Ref: Callahan deserved suspension for hit on Letang

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Kerry Fraser and Scott Stevens to head up the department of player safety.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Schultz in over Maatta. Right decision imo. Maatta seems to be making a costly mental error every game. I think he needs a solid offseason of training and a healthy stint to get g his confidence back.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Schultz in over Maatta. Right decision imo. Maatta seems to be making a costly mental error every game. I think he needs a solid offseason of training and a healthy stint to get g his confidence back.

Maata can be a good D man for us down the road. But ever since he came back from his late season injury, he has seemed lost out there.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maata can be a good D man for us down the road. But ever since he came back from his late season injury, he has seemed lost out there.

I agree. He's shown the IQ to be a great top 4, maybe even top pairing guy, but his skating isn't where it should be, especially not for this series. I'm glad the coaching staff recognizes that.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither of those things will happen...he just isn't that good. One good beginning to his first season and then shit and a bunch of injuries

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you've turned on Maata, then I will take him in exchange for Crosby's BFF Jack Johnson. You can even have Tyutin too. Two for one.