• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: (2) Lightning vs (2) Penguins

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - You know who can really move for a big man on the blue line? Hedman of Tampa Bay, geez that guy has pretty nice wheels.
Yeah, he made a great play last night where Pierre pointed it out too. I think it was the only thing Pierre said last night that didn't make me want to punch him.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously surprised we've gotten this far.without Stamkos and bishop so it would not be a Shocker if they do
That's what is so depressing as a Pens fan, and so impressive about Tampa...you win with your Captain missing, the Pens lose with their Captain "missing!"

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a classic MAF game. Some brilliant saves, but let's in the heartbreakers. Have to go back to Murray.

We'll see how resilient these Pens are after all. I thought they controlled the majority of that game, but no killer instinct tonight. Without Daley or last chance, game 6 will be tough.

I can think of maybe one save that was above average (on Johnson on the PP), and each goal showed really bad angles and positioning. That's not even normal by his standards. He was not comfortable for one second out there. Even routine shots were an adventure. The Pens won vs the Caps because they got average to above average goaltending, they're not getting that this series at all.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what is so depressing as a Pens fan, and so impressive about Tampa...you win with your Captain missing, the Pens lose with their Captain "missing!"

Sid has been pretty darn good this postseason, so...not sure where this comes from. The other star has been frustrating and absent save for maybe four or five periods of hockey. Letang was terrible last night, and he's been off since the Callahan hit.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sid's been puke...2 SOG/game, -4...floating. Just because he occasionally does something he's supposed to, doesn't mean it makes up for the other 18 minutes of puke. Sid lead the team in anything this postseason???

Dude is a perpetual failure in the playoffs...another 10 to 18 games without scoring streak coming up??? He's 2 points better than Taveras so far with less goals and 5 more games!

Oh and Letang has been pathetic this series...flopping to draw a penalty, high sticking when going to the bench for no reason...standing around with his finger up his ass while tampa bay skates and shoots right by him...-4 last night alone. the only good thing he does, take up ice time. POS.

either of these guys worth the $'s they are making? no heart or hunger shown whatsoever

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pens block so many shots, Mrs. Sullivan won't see much rubber anyway.

/Um, that doesn't sound good.

Apparently there also cocky. According to Malkin.

"The series is coming back to Pittsburgh"

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pens block so many shots, Mrs. Sullivan won't see much rubber anyway.

/Um, that doesn't sound good.
Hopefully she can absorb the high hard ones. :L

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently there also cocky. According to Malkin.

"The series is coming back to Pittsburgh"
I don't like the Pens but I dont think that is so cocky. I certainly would want my players feeling that way if in the same situation as the Penguins are.

I don't even think it's good chalkboard material.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't see Malkin's quote as being cocky. Now lets see if he actually shows up for 60 minutes next game!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the Pens but I dont think that is so cocky. I certainly would want my players feeling that way if in the same situation as the Penguins are.

I don't even think it's good chalkboard material.

Cooper (who I love by the way) said the same this morning. Media loves to run with these guarantees since Messier, as if they don't happen all the time, mostly going unfulfilled since it's a team sport, and subsequently being forgotten. It's the attitude the team needs. Heck, I'll take some cockiness or swagger. They need that.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I did read this a minute ago and it's not cool.

"Russia #1, Pittsburgh #1, Tampa *spits loudly*"
Evgeni Malkin

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I did read this a minute ago and it's not cool.

"Russia #1, Pittsburgh #1, Tampa *spits loudly*"
Evgeni Malkin
What they didn't give you was the context on that one.

Just when he said Tampa he inhaled a mosquito, and was trying to get rid of it.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What they didn't give you was the context on that one.

Just when he said Tampa he inhaled a mosquito, and was trying to get rid of it.
Oh, I understand then. Zika virus is nothing to be trifled* with.

*not sure I ever typed that word

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sid's been puke...2 SOG/game, -4...floating. Just because he occasionally does something he's supposed to, doesn't mean it makes up for the other 18 minutes of puke. Sid lead the team in anything this postseason???

Dude is a perpetual failure in the playoffs...another 10 to 18 games without scoring streak coming up??? He's 2 points better than Taveras so far with less goals and 5 more games!

Oh and Letang has been pathetic this series...flopping to draw a penalty, high sticking when going to the bench for no reason...standing around with his finger up his ass while tampa bay skates and shoots right by him...-4 last night alone. the only good thing he does, take up ice time. POS.

either of these guys worth the $'s they are making? no heart or hunger shown whatsoever

It's really hard to blame the Crosbyy when he is having of the crap of all crappest of coaching.

giphy.gif