• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: (2) Lightning vs (2) Penguins

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I'd like to thank whomever gave Callahan the flu. Poetic justice.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sid passed Kevin Stevens tonight for third place in Penguins playoff goals. I don't think you need me to tell you who holds down spots 1 and 2 :D
Since we are all in agreement Mario wasn't clutch, it must be Bob Errey and Geno.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never stop shitting on the guy, but this morning you were talking about how MAFs postseason failures were because of poor Dmen. Delusional.
Poor interpretation of what I said...glad to see Sid finally pot a playoff goal...hope it's not another 10 games before he does it again...anybody content with his playoff performance is wearing urine colored glasses

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His high school mascot was a potato. I bet Pierre didn't know that.

/actually I'm pretty sure he does

Not only does Pierre know that, he shaves his head to look like a potato.

FFS give it a rest. You're a goddamn broken record.

And when I say "sometimes he does seem like a bit of a whiner" I am told I am a "hater" prone to "hating".

Sid passed Kevin Stevens tonight for third place in Penguins playoff goals. I don't think you need me to tell you who holds down spots 1 and 2 :D

Mario and Kevin Stevens' coke dealer?

He had his chance in the '93 series against the Islanders. :(

It's okay. I won't post the David Volek video again.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No wonder the Isles won, Ferraro was rockin' the pron stache while Ron Francis was clean cut.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor interpretation of what I said...glad to see Sid finally pot a playoff goal...hope it's not another 10 games before he does it again...anybody content with his playoff performance is wearing urine colored glasses

Again, in his career, he's an all time performer. The issue for the TEAMS failures to this point was poor roster construction. The Pens won in 2009 on the backs of Sid and Geno going absolutely insane, and having a third line that chipped in meaningful goals. The FO thought this was somehow sustainable, but you can't expect stars to put up 30 point postseasons with regularity. Now, I'm not disagreeing that he was neutralized in the Caps series, but he had a fantastic first round, and a good start here in the ECF. I'm content with his career postseason performances, absolutely. There's a lot overlooked in his postseason numbers because of team failures.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda chuckled a lot last night because the narrative shifted to "youngest goalie in the NHL" Andrei Vasilevskiy handling the spotlight, etc. The narrative was earned because he was fantastic last night, but the age thing was funny because Murray is two months older. Guy is a grizzled veteran now.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda chuckled a lot last night because the narrative shifted to "youngest goalie in the NHL" Andrei Vasilevskiy handling the spotlight, etc. The narrative was earned because he was fantastic last night, but the age thing was funny because Murray is two months older. Guy is a grizzled veteran now.

CBC showed Sullivan talking to Fleury last night at the start of the 2nd period, my George Costanza lip reading powers relayed the message "Get ready". We might have seen MAF last night if the Bolts could have scored in period 2 to take the lead.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBC showed Sullivan talking to Fleury last night at the start of the 2nd period, my George Costanza lip reading powers relayed the message "Get ready". We might have seen MAF last night if the Bolts could have scored in period 2 to take the lead.

Absolutely, and I would've supported the move. Murray was fighting it last night, his rebound control was not great, and he said as much after the game last night. But if there's one thing he's shown in his limited experience it's that he bounces back *really* well. Neither goal he gave up was great, though I think the Drouin shot was beautiful, and the Stralman one he just read terribly and was way late getting over, but he shut it down from there on out. He didn't face a lot of shots, but the opportunities he did face were high quality.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3