• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: (2) Lightning vs (2) Penguins

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NHL media today is rubbish when it comes to its stars - lets make the narrative that when the Pens and Caps don't win it all falls on Sid and OV and how much they suck or don't want it or choke or whatever the insult du jour is. I can't even watch a game without mute on anymore because of it. Heaven forbid a no name third liner or goalie comes out of nowhere in the playoffs to lead his team.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NHL media today is rubbish when it comes to its stars - lets make the narrative that when the Pens and Caps don't win it all falls on Sid and OV and how much they suck or don't want it or choke or whatever the insult du jour is. I can't even watch a game without mute on anymore because of it. Heaven forbid a no name third liner or goalie comes out of nowhere in the playoffs to lead his team.

It's ridiculous. And just when I think CBC is unwatchable with Glenn Healy I remember some people have to put up with Roenick.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy if true. Obviously Mario just wasn't that clutch.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Literally listening to Milbury talking about Sid looking frustrated, and honest to god I've seen none of this. There was a head shake after he was on ice for Stralman, but really he was working hard all game. He was making plays, had his legs going, etc. This isn't football where your QB can drag you to championships, or the NBA where you can have a superstar win a game alone (goalie the exception to a point). To win a seven game series you need full team effort, maybe a goalie to steal a game, then your depth chipping in. If superstars alone won championships the Pens would have 5 by now. OV and Sid are some of the all time postseason performers. ALL TIME. The Caps-Pens series this year was a battle of two great TEAMS, but noooooo no, can't appreciate that for what it is! Gotta shove a lazy narrative down the viewers throats.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it not in the playoffs that he scored 5 goals, even strength, power play, short handed, penalty shot, and an empty net goal? People said he scored one of every type of goal but I guess that didn't include an OT goal. Not sure if anyone has ever scored both an empty net goal and an overtime goal in the same game (let alone the other 4 as well). If so, I can't imagine it's happened often.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it not in the playoffs that he scored 5 goals, even strength, power play, short handed, penalty shot, and an empty net goal? People said he scored one of every type of goal but I guess that didn't include an OT goal. Not sure if anyone has ever scored both an empty net goal and an overtime goal in the same game (let alone the other 4 as well). If so, I can't imagine it's happened often.

No that was a regular season game against the Rangers

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was cheering for the Pens in this one but they certainly got the benefit of an obvious non-call in OT shortly before the goal. That's why I never agreed with the refs changing the way they call the game just because it's OT. People say they should let them play in OT, but sometimes in order to "let them play" you have to call the penalties. Refs can just as easily decide a game by not calling penalties as they can by calling them. That being said, it's been like that forever and every team has both benefited and suffered from it at some point.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the only way you can score an empty net goal and then score in OT if is if Glen Healy was your goalie?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh for some reason I was thinking it was playoffs against either the Flyers or Capitals.

Had to look it up to find the date and find out that my memory is not what it should be. Super Mario did it on 12/31 1988 against the New Jersey Devils. I had the wrong team.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only way you can score an empty net goal and then score in OT if is if Glen Healy was your goalie?

Equally if not more rare scenario I saw in a junior game this year was the goalie had as many assists (2) as goals allowed, but his team still lost the game 3-2. He assisted on the first goal and then was pulled with his team down 2-1 late. The other team got an empty netter to make it 3-1. They put him back in for the face-off at centre, puck ends up in his zone and he gives it to a player that goes end to end to make it 3-2 which turned out to be the final.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sid passed Kevin Stevens tonight for third place in Penguins playoff goals. I don't think you need me to tell you who holds down spots 1 and 2 :D

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Equally if not more rare scenario I saw in a junior game this year was the goalie had as many assists (2) as goals allowed, but his team still lost the game 3-2. He assisted on the first goal and then was pulled with his team down 2-1 late. The other team got an empty netter to make it 3-1. They put him back in for the face-off at centre, puck ends up in his zone and he gives it to a player that goes end to end to make it 3-2 which turned out to be the final.

That is a good one. Now did he lead all scorers with 2 pts?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sid passed Kevin Stevens tonight for third place in Penguins playoff goals. I don't think you need me to tell you who holds down spots 1 and 2 :D
Jay Caufield and Gary Risling?