• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: 1) Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25) vs. 2) Toronto Raptors (56-26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs need a huge win here and they need to get off to a good start which they haven't been doing in games. They need to drive more regardless if Biyombo is blocking shots. They need to do something with the lineup especially if Love can't play, which I think he will but maybe play Mozgov more like I have been saying. It's doubtful they play him but they need a big guy that can rebound and has the size to compete with Biyombo on the block honestly.
I would not mind dusting off Mozgov - ESPECIALLY because if we face the Thunder we might need him to play against the deep contingent of bigs they have. Mozgov can absolutely stay on the court against Kanter/Adams.

The Warriors just have no one to go to with any kind of size outside of Bogut who is pretty old and kinda beat up. The Thunder are just beating them with size and speed.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derozen would be a Top player(he is good right now but im talking about scary good) if he can work on his 3pt shooting. He has everything else.

Well lucky for him he is getting max and if there were any questions before (which I don't think there was) he will get max no doubt. I'm just not sure he can be the star on a team but what I am seeing this series he is a beast.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but they havent yet. so we can just go by right now.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not mind dusting off Mozgov - ESPECIALLY because if we face the Thunder we might need him to play against the deep contingent of bigs they have. Mozgov can absolutely stay on the court against Kanter/Adams.

The Warriors just have no one to go to with any kind of size outside of Bogut who is pretty old and kinda beat up. The Thunder are just beating them with size and speed.
I agree, Its time for a change. Lue needs to do something because right now people are seeing that he is very inexperienced. He is scared of change it looks like.

If I was the Cavs why not try and go big. They should of tried it when Raptors didnt have their starting Center.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casey doesn't make any sense. Frye is basically a spot up shooter. I don't see why Valanciunas wouldn't be able to guard him. Its not even like they involve Frye in a lot of pick and rolls as they do with Love

I actually agree with Wiggy on that. :shocked:

The difference between Biyombo and Valancunas is that Biyombo is athletic enough to get out and at least bother Frye at the 3 point line, still get back to the paint if necessary, get around screens and switch onto other players without getting beat. Valancunas isn't.

Heck, towards the end of game 4, Biyombo switched onto JR Smith at the 3 point line and blocked his shot. Valancunas can't do that.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well lucky for him he is getting max and if there were any questions before (which I don't think there was) he will get max no doubt. I'm just not sure he can be the star on a team but what I am seeing this series he is a beast.
Yes he will get max and yes he is a Star on the tam or a #1 options unless he gets taht 3pt shot. then he can drive, hit mid range and hit the 3. That is hard to stop.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not so sure about that man. The way Adams and Kanter are playing, I'm not sure prime Shaq could stay with them. :lol:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The difference between Biyombo and Valancunas is that Biyombo is athletic enough to get out and at least bother Frye at the 3 point line, still get back to the paint if necessary, get around screens and switch onto other players without getting beat. Valancunas isn't.

Heck, towards the end of game 4, Biyombo switched onto JR Smith at the 3 point line and blocked his shot. Valancunas can't do that.
Good thing about Valancunas is it will help them rebound and give them an inside out game.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not many bigs in the entire LEAGUE can do that...switch and play solid defense on anyone from the 5- to even at times 2 guards....Thompson and Biyombo are among the 2 that can....in the playoffs that is INCREDIBLY valuable.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say its a do or die game when the series is tied, but this is a do or die game for Toronto. I just dont see them in any way being able to beat Cleveland in a Game 7 on the road. If they steal this game tonight they can win back at home.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say its a do or die game when the series is tied, but this is a do or die game for Toronto. I just dont see them in any way being able to beat Cleveland in a Game 7 on the road. If they steal this game tonight they can win back at home.

I disagree

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. They need to capitlize tonight if they want to have a chance.

If the Cavs somehow to blow this ill lose my mind. A Thunder/Cavs finals would be awesome- and would be the one i predicted at the beginning of the year.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking a page out of bk's book and going all in with SportsHoopla bookie on the Cavs tonight.

Gotta get this one fellas.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The eye test says the Thunder is the team you don't want to be playing right now.
The pro to playing them is Cavs have HC, which seems very important to them.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Frye pickup looks even better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.