• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: 1) Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25) vs. 2) Toronto Raptors (56-26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that they likely called it because of the body contact, but it was still the wrong call because Biyombo went straight up, thus making the contact incidental because Lebron initiated it with the drive to the hoop.

I don't remember a guy getting a standing ovation after a foul call. LOL.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that they likely called it because of the body contact, but it was still the wrong call because Biyombo went straight up, thus making the contact incidental because Lebron initiated it with the drive to the hoop.

Screw all that. Body contact be damned. Two alpha males jumped and meet at the summit... barring a hack/punch/draymond green leg kick... what happens happens. Get dunked on or send it back. You CANNOT call a foul on that player... ever.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if OKC wins, and the Cavs somehow manage to blow this series i will shit a fucking brick.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,014.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rooting for the cavs in this series im a little worry coming into tonight. I think the raptors have all the momentum coming into tonight

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC keeps playing like the way they are, I'd be hoping for the Warriors at this rate.
Exactly my thoughts last night. HCA would be nice... but that didn't stop okc from playing through SAS and GSW.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs need to treat tonight like a game 7. Pull out all the stops. I'd be fine with LeBron playing 48.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwane Casey says he hopes Jonas Valanciunas plays, but Channing Frye makes it hard

“Hopefully we can get him involved,” Casey said. “Again, it depends on the lineup they have on the court. I know he’s our starting centre but it’s tough to put him out there if they’re playing Channing Frye big minutes at the five.”

“The thing about it is with our five-man, it helps us when we have to switch, especially when they’re playing Love at the five or Frye at the five,” Casey said. “It gives us the flexibility to switch Bismack. It’s a luxury that we have that.”

THIS is why guys like Thompson are so valuable in the NBA playoffs. Toronto is basically conceding they cant play their plodding 5- starting center- because of the other teams versatility. Having a big like Biyombo and or Thompson that can SWITCH and play solid D- worth its weight in GOLD i nthe playoffs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwane Casey says he hopes Jonas Valanciunas plays, but Channing Frye makes it hard

“Hopefully we can get him involved,” Casey said. “Again, it depends on the lineup they have on the court. I know he’s our starting centre but it’s tough to put him out there if they’re playing Channing Frye big minutes at the five.”

“The thing about it is with our five-man, it helps us when we have to switch, especially when they’re playing Love at the five or Frye at the five,” Casey said. “It gives us the flexibility to switch Bismack. It’s a luxury that we have that.”

THIS is why guys like Thompson are so valuable in the NBA playoffs. Toronto is basically conceding they cant play their plodding 5- starting center- because of the other teams versatility. Having a big like Biyombo and or Thompson that can SWITCH and play solid D- worth its weight in GOLD i nthe playoffs.

Casey doesn't make any sense. Frye is basically a spot up shooter. I don't see why Valanciunas wouldn't be able to guard him. Its not even like they involve Frye in a lot of pick and rolls as they do with Love

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casey doesn't make any sense. Frye is basically a spot up shooter. I don't see why Valanciunas wouldn't be able to guard him. Its not even like they involve Frye in a lot of pick and rolls as they do with Love
you gotta stop this matchup stuff like you know what you are talking about. You said there Curry would not cover RW- he is.

Frye just doesent SIT on the 3 pt line. the only qtr i watched the other night was the 4th quarter- but in that 4th quarter when the CAvs made their run the Cavs did the SAME PLAY like 12 times in a row with LeBron, Jefferson, Frye leading the action and moving quite a bit.

A plodding 5 cant run around screens, and run around the perimeter like Frye can- they cant keep up at all. Thats elementary basketball right there. nothing hard to understand

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you gotta stop this matchup stuff like you know what you are talking about. You said there Curry would not cover RW- he is.

Frye just doesent SIT on the 3 pt line. the only qtr i watched the other night was the 4th quarter- but in that 4th quarter when the CAvs made their run the Cavs did the SAME PLAY like 12 times in a row with LeBron, Jefferson, Frye leading the action and moving quite a bit.

A plodding 5 cant run around screens, and run around the perimeter like Frye can- they cant keep up at all. Thats elementary basketball right there. nothing hard to understand

Regarding Curry, Kerr is a freaking idiot for that. No reason why a poor defender like Curry should guard a freaking machine like Russ. Matchups in that series really should have been Klay on Russ and Iggy/Barnes on KD. Pretty poor coaching job by Kerr to be honest with you

Reactions: LAD

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember a guy getting a standing ovation after a foul call. LOL.
I think it was because it was a clean block and LBJ face was funny as hell after being blocked.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if OKC wins, and the Cavs somehow manage to blow this series i will shit a fucking brick.
U should because u know Cavs chances of winning it all goes up with OKC in the finals.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah raptors dont play well on the road.

Finished the regular season with the same road record as Cleveland (24-17) and won on the road in both of their first 2 series. All you need is one road win as the team without HCA once you protect HCA. So 1-2 is fine as long as you go 3-0 at home

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs need a huge win here and they need to get off to a good start which they haven't been doing in games. They need to drive more regardless if Biyombo is blocking shots. They need to do something with the lineup especially if Love can't play, which I think he will but maybe play Mozgov more like I have been saying. It's doubtful they play him but they need a big guy that can rebound and has the size to compete with Biyombo on the block honestly.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the fact the Cavs showed life after playing like shit and erasing that 18 point deficit they can get this one at home. I expecting the defensive intensity to turn up and like it did in the second half in Game 4. Toronto was just on fire and Derozen is playing insane and his mid-range is unbelievable. It's crazy they can play that good after playing bad in the first two and even crazier Cleveland went cold the last two after going 10-0 and playing very well. Ohh well...Game 5. Give it your all and don't let these damn Canadians win this shit.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished the regular season with the same road record as Cleveland (24-17) and won on the road in both of their first 2 series. All you need is one road win as the team without HCA once you protect HCA. So 1-2 is fine as long as you go 3-0 at home
yeah what happen the 1st 2 road games in this series. They lost by combine 50 points

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the fact the Cavs showed life after playing like shit and erasing that 18 point deficit they can get this one at home. I expecting the defensive intensity to turn up and like it did in the second half in Game 4. Toronto was just on fire and Derozen is playing insane and his mid-range is unbelievable. It's crazy they can play that good after playing bad in the first two and even crazier Cleveland went cold the last two after going 10-0 and playing very well. Ohh well...Game 5. Give it your all and don't let these damn Canadians win this shit.
Derozen would be a Top player(he is good right now but im talking about scary good) if he can work on his 3pt shooting. He has everything else.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah what happen the 1st 2 road games in this series. They lost by combine 50 points

And if they can win a game in Cleveland in game 5 or 7, what happens in the first 2 means nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.