• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: 1) Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25) vs. 2) Toronto Raptors (56-26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it. Equally disappointed in the cavs and impressed with the raptors.

Was that Lowry and DeRozan... or Curry and Thompson out there last night?

I just hate that it has come to a 3 game series. Cavs came out with no energy in the first half in game 3 & 4... and now they've put themselves in a situation where every game and every play becomes critical.

The margin for error is gone. Which is a scary thing when you've been playing like shit.
They are going back home. They will get their energy. The biggest thing I saw is Lue is not doing much to change the game. This is where an inexperience coach is showing his true colors. Its easy to coach a talented team but its harder when Crap hits the fan. Thats when u find out if you are a good coach or not.
have to give some credit to Cavs for coming back they just couldnt get over the hump. I thought they had the game after taking that 3pt lead. Cavs Bad D is showing up again.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long will lebrons body hold up when he's forced to play 45+ minutes a game?

Stupid excuse. With all the HGH he takes plus he is in great shape. He was just fine. Just didn't want to be the man down the stretch which he does from time to time. It's a fact. Peace. Good day yall.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it. Equally disappointed in the cavs and impressed with the raptors.

Was that Lowry and DeRozan... or Curry and Thompson out there last night?

I just hate that it has come to a 3 game series. Cavs came out with no energy in the first half in game 3 & 4... and now they've put themselves in a situation where every game and every play becomes critical.

The margin for error is gone. Which is a scary thing when you've been playing like shit.

like I said last night, you gotta respect an honest answer. you're right, for Cleveland to advance there's almost NO room for error now...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gordontrue let me know if I'm crazy for this.

I think the Cavs should go with Frye over Thompson at the Center position for the rest of the series.

Not crazy at all. That's basically what Lue did in the second half both games.

Frye was bringing Bismack out of the paint which really helped in the 2nd half comeback.

I'm just hoping that LeBron s backhanded compliments about bb8 being good at home are accurate.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends if Raptors start JV, which I would if I were them ( assuming he's healthy).
JV is consistent even on the road.
Biyombo off the bench.

was thinking maybe they'd play BOTH for short stints together, but i'm not so sure how they'd play off of each other...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not crazy at all. That's basically what Lue did in the second half both games.

Frye was bringing Bismack out of the paint which really helped in the 2nd half comeback.

I'm just hoping that LeBron s backhanded compliments about bb8 being good at home are accurate.

If Casey is smart, he puts Patterson on Frye and Biyombo on Lebron. Therefore Biyombo is not so far from the rim

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing he attempted a shot at least with 3 minutes left in the game while LeBitch didn't want to shoot the ball at all. With 5 minutes left in the game and you go 0-1 that's sad. Think about it. 1 damn shot for a guy like LeBron James. At least try to take over. Plus it's the dam Raptors. I mean seriously. Yes the Cavs will probally win this series but Lue looks lost as well.

I know i'll probably catch crap for this, but Kobe would've done it...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron was making the correct plays, imo. Raptors were doubling him and trapping him all game.

I'd rather him keep passing to the open man and give his teammates a chance to get going and win in a way that is sustainable vs the west.

Having said that... that luxury goes out the window now that the Cavs have a must win game.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" it isn't fair to love to put him in in that situation " - lue on why love was on the bench with four minutes to go

Protecting loves bad play or throwing him under the bus?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing he attempted a shot at least with 3 minutes left in the game while LeBitch didn't want to shoot the ball at all. With 5 minutes left in the game and you go 0-1 that's sad. Think about it. 1 damn shot for a guy like LeBron James. At least try to take over. Plus it's the dam Raptors. I mean seriously. Yes the Cavs will probally win this series but Lue looks lost as well.

the "rookie head coach" thing may be correct like they were saying last night...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Casey is smart, he puts Patterson on Frye and Biyombo on Lebron. Therefore Biyombo is not so far from the rim
Yeah, in which case the Cavs need to get going in transition and take advantage of the cross matchups.

But that would require the Cavs playing defense.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know what you're getting all over Bron Bron for. Did you not see his press conference? He said he gave everything he had, both offensively and defensively for the 46 minutes he played and that his individual game plan was good.

You're just a hater and a big ol' meany. :dhd:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" it isn't fair to love to put him in in that situation " - lue on why love was on the bench with four minutes to go

Protecting loves bad play or throwing him under the bus?

I thought that was a stupid comment. It isn't fair to put Love back in the game with 4 minutes ( a shit load of time) when the game is up in the air?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that was a stupid comment. It isn't fair to put Love back in the game with 4 minutes ( a shit load of time) when the game is up in the air?
Further said it was because it was a hostile environment.....what the hell they paying him for then?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know i'll probably catch crap for this, but Kobe would've done it...

Don't know why you would. It's true. I know that as a Lakers fan, like me, there were times when you'd be yelling "Stop shooting Kobe" at your tv. But, end of the day, we always end up being glad he was who he was because in a game like last night, he may have still lost, but he'd have fired every bullet he had and when he ran out of bullets, he'd start throwing rocks.

Last edited:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love deserves any criticism that comes his way. Back to back games he has had scola as his primary defender and had played awful. The missed 3s are fine but failing to finish inside and getting beat on the boards really hurt his team.

Bad stretches happen, really hoping to see love respond. He needs to be an important part of the team if they're gonna challenge the WC champs.

Status
Not open for further replies.