• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: 1) Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25) vs. 2) Toronto Raptors (56-26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it would be totally insane for it to happen....but if circumstances combined where the CAvs did go 16-0 in this postseason- that would have to go down as the greatest accomplishment in NBA history right? Sweeping the playoffs?

The Lakers were 1 game short i think the year they beat the 76'ers 4-1......its just a crazy thing to think about.

16-0, would be historically impressive.
James losing again, will also be historically impressive.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th team to start a postseason 10 - 0.

2 of those were the Lakers squads that started 11 - 0, sweeping the western conference (1st round was best of 5 back then). Both teams lost their 12th game. Only one of those teams won the Finals (01 Lakers).

The other team - the 2012 Spurs - swept UTA & LAC then won the first 2 vs OKC. Then they lost 4 straight and went home. :eek:

So... its cool, but doesn't mean a whole lot, especially with the winningest team in NBA history potentially waiting in the wings. Cavs need to stay focused and just keep doing what they're doing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16-0, would be historically impressive.
James losing again, will also be historically impressive.
yah 6 straight finals is crazy to think about in the modern era of 30 teams..especially considering itll almost for sure be 8- and could be as many as 10-11 (in my opinion anyway).

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well for a guy who says he has barely watched the series and he doesent care about it- you sure do love trying to cut the Cavs down and comment on the series PLENTY....lol....we all know what that is about though.

i mean- you comment on this series on like a 5-1 ratio as the thunder series- even though- you dont care about this series- admitted you hadnt really watched--- while saying how interested you are in the thunder series...i mean cmon now.

I watched the first qtr yesterday, but wasn't home.
My comments are mostly about your comments, not the games.

As far as the other series, nothing to comment about.
I just want the Warriors to win and everyone on every team to stay healthy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th team to start a postseason 10 - 0.

2 of those were the Lakers squads that started 11 - 0, sweeping the western conference (1st round was best of 5 back then). Both teams lost their 12th game. Only one of those teams won the Finals (01 Lakers).

The other team - the 2012 Spurs - swept UTA & LAC then won the first 2 vs OKC. Then they lost 4 straight and went home. :eek:

So... its cool, but doesn't mean a whole lot, especially with the winningest team in NBA history potentially waiting in the wings. Cavs need to stay focused and just keep doing what they're doing.
i liked what lebron said- saying it didnt feel like a winning streak because they are taking it one game at a time...you can see that they really are taking that to heart too.

Lets just keep our fingers crossed that the Cavs take care of business, and stay healthy. Theoretically- when the Spurs and Thunder play their Game 3 on Sunday- the Cavs might/could be ALREADY up 3-0.....if they sweep we could be looking at another nice break and week of preparation before the Finals.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raptors adjusted to Kyrie's Game 1 penetration by going under screens and staying back on him. Kyrie responded perfectly by taking the pull up midjumper and hitting it consistently all game long.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i liked what lebron said- saying it didnt feel like a winning streak because they are taking it one game at a time...you can see that they really are taking that to heart too.

Lets just keep our fingers crossed that the Cavs take care of business, and stay healthy. Theoretically- when the Spurs and Thunder play their Game 3 on Sunday- the Cavs might/could be ALREADY up 3-0.....if they sweep we could be looking at another nice break and week of preparation before the Finals.

Yeah, the Finals start date is set as June 2nd. If the series ends in 4 or 5 games like most expect, the Cavs will have 8-10 days of rest.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas? Probably.

Memphis? The Hawks could have beaten the team Memphis had in the playoffs, but they're beating a healthy Memphis.

I was referring to the Memphis we saw in the Playoffs. A healthy Memphis could be a different story.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far this series, Cleveland has only done what they were expected to do and that was win at home. Lets see how the Raptors respond game 3 at home before we start declaring a sweep.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far this series, Cleveland has only done what they were expected to do and that was win at home. Lets see how the Raptors respond game 3 at home before we start declaring a sweep.

Yeah that's the only positive Toronto can take from the first 2 games. They can look at it as Cleveland did what they were supposed to do and now its our turn to do the same

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's the only positive Toronto can take from the first 2 games. They can look at it as Cleveland did what they were supposed to do and now its our turn to do the same
they need both DeRozan AND Lowry to be hot during the same game, and the Cavs to be cold to win...not impossible...but not probable.

if they had JV i would have given him the game and i believe he is one of the best young centers in the game- he was pulling down 15 and 12 before getting hurt- and is on a GREAT contract....

as is...their big men just are so overmatched. Scola barely even played last series and now he is starting. Its an act of desperation.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just out of curioisity...is their anything on the court that you have seen which leads you to believe the Raptors could get a game- absent the Cavs just going ice cold (which is unlikely to happen)?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the great benefits of having players like LeBron James and Kyrie Irving on the same team is that they centralize an offense’s means of production, affording the Cavs the opportunity to play rebounders or defenders or spot-up shooters without undue burden.

I just read this line from an SI article and thought it was really good. It just makes a lot of sense. It allows for Tristan to just have HUUUUGE value- just like Jordan and Pippen allowed for Rodman having HUUUUUGE value.

It’s vital that Cleveland sustains while James rests. Irving offers the means to do it; while Kevin Love also capitalizes on those precious LeBron-less minutes to play a heightened offensive role, Irving undergoes the most dramatic transformation in terms of his usage. In the playoffs thus far, Irving’s field-goal attempts nearly double when James checks out of the game, per NBA.com. He turns hyper-aggressive in the pick-and-roll by lunging into every open pocket. If the defending big drops back into more conservative coverage, Irving long-steps into a short jumper. If they step out to respect that possibility, Irving hits them with dribble move after dribble move until the lane opens up before him.

Now THAT is why LeBron James came to Cleveland...to get a soon-to-be in-his-prime stud that can take the scoring Burden off Lebron at times.

Toronto found out in Game 2 on Thursday just how fantastic the indulgent Irving can be. Cleveland’s second-billed star attempted seven shots without James on the home floor and made five (71.4%)—none easy and all created by Irving himself. In total, the Raptors lost the minutes when James rested and lost the game, 108–89.

how important is that for a LBJ team?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they need both DeRozan AND Lowry to be hot during the same game, and the Cavs to be cold to win...not impossible...but not probable.

if they had JV i would have given him the game and i believe he is one of the best young centers in the game- he was pulling down 15 and 12 before getting hurt- and is on a GREAT contract....

as is...their big men just are so overmatched. Scola barely even played last series and now he is starting. Its an act of desperation.

Agree. Lowry been a disappointment. DeRozan has been solid.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics had Ubuntu

The Heat- didnt they have something with like pictures filling a container or something?

The Warriors have Curry's revolting chewing of his mouthguard and Draymond's bombastic arrogance

the Cavs?

Have Lil Kev

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes-GIF_2.gif

Good luck, Wiggy!

First blood, Wiggy! And we're on!

Alright, Wiggleton P Russ! You're half way there. Just two more shit stompings up in America's hat, and you'll be dressing BK up like a pretty princess!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This easy path means nothing if he doesn't seal the deal in the finals

When talking to Tim Legler on ESPN, one of the announcers made mention of a concern it would be that Cleveland will never have faced any type of adversity going into the playoffs. Going back to Miami's first big 3 team, even Doc Rivers made mention to the degree that he wished the media would leave the Heat alone as this brought them closer to together and allowed them to control adverse situations in a much more effective manner.

Then again, being full rested going against the Thunder/Warriors in the Finals has to be decent as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.