• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Final - Carolina Hurricanes vs. Florida Panthers

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett had his stick in there, this might come back.

Edit: Never mind.
Yeah was thinking the same but after the replay that wasn’t enough to overturn.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd time the Canes got swept in the eastern conference finals.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is some Patrick Roy , Montreal Canadiens 1993 type hockey.....

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a big moment for the Pans, but remember we are awaiting the appeal on playoff qualification by the Caps. We should know by Saturday.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sebastian Aho… what in the name of Kris Letang is he doing on that GWG? Terrible D.

tsawchuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess being there was only a .00001% chance of the Canes winning 4 in a row, it didn't matter but right at the end of a tie game in the playoffs, he should just kept the whistle in his pocket. That said, if it was a game 6 or 7 if I was B'rindamour I woulda jumped on the ice and strangled the zebra

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess being there was only a .00001% chance of the Canes winning 4 in a row, it didn't matter but right at the end of a tie game in the playoffs, he should just kept the whistle in his pocket. That said, if it was a game 6 or 7 if I was B'rindamour I woulda jumped on the ice and strangled the zebra

In Tiger Williams book, he talks about a playoff game between the Habs and Leafs where referee Dave Newell called a penalty on Tiger in OT. Of course, the Habs scored on the resulting PP and as Tiger came out of the penalty box, he made a beeline for Newell. Larry Robinson saw that Tiger had evil intent and wrapped his arms around Tiger preventing Tiger from getting to Newell. He writes that Larry said, "It was a bullshit call Tiger, but I'll take you fishing in the summertime". Tiger made sure to thank Larry from doing something he would have regretted.

tsawchuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Tiger Williams book, he talks about a playoff game between the Habs and Leafs where referee Dave Newell called a penalty on Tiger in OT. Of course, the Habs scored on the resulting PP and as Tiger came out of the penalty box, he made a beeline for Newell. Larry Robinson saw that Tiger had evil intent and wrapped his arms around Tiger preventing Tiger from getting to Newell. He writes that Larry said, "It was a bullshit call Tiger, but I'll take you fishing in the summertime". Tiger made sure to thank Larry from doing something he would have regretted.
I liked watching him play. Him grabbing someone is akin to being grabbed by a silverback gorilla.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah was thinking the same but after the replay that wasn’t enough to overturn.
I was thinking that if Freddie had really tried to move across the crease, he might have gotten the call. The stick got in there but he wasn't moving and reacted late to the winning shot. Had he tried to move, the stick might have turned him.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking that if Freddie had really tried to move across the crease, he might have gotten the call. The stick got in there but he wasn't moving and reacted late to the winning shot. Had he tried to move, the stick might have turned him.

I thought he did make a push with his leg. It looked weird to me.

I would have disallowed the series winning goal especially since Bennett's actions looked pretty deliberate.

Half of me thinks it was just a mercy killing at that point.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If prime Larry Robinson bear hugs you it's a good idea to listen to what he says.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he did make a push with his leg. It looked weird to me.

I would have disallowed the series winning goal especially since Bennett's actions looked pretty deliberate.

Half of me thinks it was just a mercy killing at that point.

Nice to see former Calgary Flames players doing so well in Florida...

/USA number one, Calgary *spits*