• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Final - Carolina Hurricanes vs. Florida Panthers

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to forget that the Panthers did win the President's Trophy in the 2021-22 season. After a quick playoffs exit, they made a huge trade with the Flames bringing Tkachuk on board. It obviously took some time to get used to no longer having Huby and Weegar, but the Pans did squeak into the post-season dance. I thought the Bruins would eliminate Florida, but the Pans prevailed and have looked great since round 2.
What is more amazing.... yeah deadhorse time....they are doing this with Gudas and Staal playing 16 to 20 minutes a game.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love watching Bobrovsky.

The downside of this all, of course is the Kool-Aid drinkers falling all over themselves saying we should have never let him go and Jarmo's an idiot for not paying a guy who is obviously the greatest goalie who ever lived. Completely disregarding we weren't sure if we could pay Johnny Gaudreau when the possibility arose as it was and our salary cap hit was 10m less than it would have been with Bob. These are the same people that bitch incessantly about losing Bjorkstrand to make room. Had we kept Bob, either we were never in on Johnny or the guy we had to throw away to make him fit would have been Laine. Or Werenski.

And that's to say nothing of how effective Bob would be behind a defense that had Gubberson on the top pair and Bayreuther getting 25 minutes a night. Bob pretty much lost his starting job to a kid all season and is playing out of his mind right now. But the team he is playing behind is infinitely deeper and stronger than the one we put on the ice regularly. And they barely squeaked into the playoffs.

I love Bob with all my heart, and at this point I want him to raise the cup. But I thank Buddha every day we aren't paying that contract.

Between him, Pavelski and Burns was rooting for one of them to win a cup.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to forget that the Panthers did win the President's Trophy in the 2021-22 season. After a quick playoffs exit, they made a huge trade with the Flames bringing Tkachuk on board. It obviously took some time to get used to no longer having Huby and Weegar, but the Pans did squeak into the post-season dance. I thought the Bruins would eliminate Florida, but the Pans prevailed and have looked great since round 2.
Panthers have essentially been playing elimination games every night since March. And they've been pretty lucky with the injuries that typically go along with that.

Although that luck may have started to run out with Barkov last night.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They remind me a lot of the 2018 Caps… and they will end it all by beating the same team to win the Cup. ;)

tsawchuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me to get any excitement watching a game, it's almost impossible when you know the odds are 98% the final result is a foregone conclusion.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOOM shakalaka

Edit: This was in response to the fast goal, not the hit on Slavin. Hope he's okay

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I dislike Florida I can admit they are playing really well.

tsawchuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 5 Ghost GIF by Power
Lot of time left, but Bob....

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philosophical question - if it’s in between periods, can Rod still complain about the refs?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burns just got Tkachuk in the Big Walts.