• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early picks for next years SB.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can i shoot straight.........

I don't trust Mac Jones in the playoffs. He looked awful vs Buffalo
Love straight talk.

Mac struggled no doubt but I'm not ready to give up on the kid just yet. He's shown through his college career he has poise.

Getting some playoff expirence, playing with some greats in the pro bowl should make him even better.

One INT in the playoffs against Buf was his fault. The other got tipped. 232 yds and two TDs against a team that had their ears pinned back while suffocating a weak WR Corps.

Lots of could've would've should've at the start of the game, the easy drop by agholor and his line may have looked a lot different. Not saying NE would've won but their play selection would've been different.

I hope BB addresses the WRs in FA. Gets a new young talented OL to bring along for future years in the draft and the talent is there.

Need to find a good OC who can work with Mac's abilities.

The defense is an entirely different subject. Get rid of his son for starters. Address that slow ass LB Corps. Pay JC Jackson. Find a DL, S, CB in the draft.

That is all.

Sighs

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think free agency and trades will be the bigger factors more than the draft. A lot of moving and shuffling of the deck will be going on in the next couple of months and up to training camp. Let's see what teams keep their QB1 and which ones go for a big name in a trade. As we often say, it's a copycat league and Brady and Stafford have started something. And a few teams in need. Also a few teams on the cusp of being a winner with average QB play. Of course, in all of this, there are only 2 or 3 QBs out there above average enough to possibly make a difference. Watson (don't know if he will even get his stuff settled so iffy). Wilson ( highly doubtful he leaves Seattle but you never know). Rodgers ( probably the key piece to this entire puzzle. I think he stays in GB but if he decides he wants what Brady and Stafford got, things might get nuts).

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills-Rams

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way too early pick

Rams vs Bills

Yeah, I could see that. It's always easy to pick the current SB winner to repeat. However, the Rams have no real threat in the NFC as of right now. I like the Bills pick. I don't think the Bengals are going to make it back next season if they don't overhaul that OL. Still an entire offseason. Pressure on the Cardinals though as a SB is in their home stadium... could be 3rd in a row?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills were also #1 in the league in scoring defense and it was in Buffalo.
The Mac Jones negativity seems about as weird as the homer version of it from a few months ago. He was 10th in adjusted EPA/Play as a rookie. Say what you will of his ceiling, but that's not nothing either.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, it wouldn't shock me if the next 5 years in the AFC involved the following teams in the playoffs, almost on a regular basis:

Kansas City
Buffalo
Cincinnati
Los Angeles
Tennessee (because of division)
Baltimore
New England

Cleveland is a good team too depending on QB play. Denver could be a really good team with good QB play. The Raiders finally have some pieces to build around. The Dolphins made the biggest jump from beginning of year to end of year. The Colts were right there in the playoffs until the Jags knocked them out in final week.

I'll me honest, the AFC is such a talented gauntlet, that I wouldn't put my money on any team in the AFC, because it is too unpredictable with the amount of talent from one game to the next.

Hell, even Pittsburgh has a good team if they get a QB to replace Ben and shore up that offensive line a little.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If everyone in the AFC has an awesome offense then the defense will end up being the tiebreaker. Chargers and Ravens had bad defenses last year. Raiders, Steelers, and Chiefs were good against some and bad against others. Bills just suck at closing games.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mac Jones negativity seems about as weird as the homer version of it from a few months ago. He was 10th in adjusted EPA/Play as a rookie. Say what you will of his ceiling, but that's not nothing either.

He played as well as you could hope for a rookie QB starting from the get go IMO. I thought he had a very encouraging rookie season.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can i shoot straight.........

I don't trust Mac Jones in the playoffs. He looked awful vs Buffalo
Not sure Mac looked awful. OTOH, the Pats defense was awful for sure. Bills moved the ball and scored at will. QB will always need some defensive help to play better.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was massive whiplash about the Patriots on this board last year. We went from Pats fans being like lol we own the Bills to the Bills playing a perfect game against the Pats in the span of a month. Mac Jones went from being overrated to underrated.

I think I saw a stats somewhere that had Mac Jones as the #2 out route thrower last year. That seems like a good tool to have. I do think the Patriots protected Jones in a few matchups but he was a rookie so that just makes sense.

The bigger issue with the Patriots is how much they spent on Tight Ends last year. Henry gave them 35 Yds a game and Jonnu Smith gave them 18 yards a game. Henry had a great year with TDs but any fantasy player will tell you how reliable that is. That seems like a bit of a mess to me. All of their savings at QB went to this.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If everyone in the AFC has an awesome offense then the defense will end up being the tiebreaker. Chargers and Ravens had bad defenses last year. Raiders, Steelers, and Chiefs were good against some and bad against others. Bills just suck at closing games.
You know the Chargers will be working on that defense in the offseason. The Ravens were probably the most injured team in the NFL last year. Don't expect their defense to be the same next year even if they don't add much more to it.

I guess it all depends on who each team loses to FA and what they can add. Plus, the Bills defense being bad about closing out games, I only remembering the playoff game against the Chiefs, which every defense seems to be bad against the Chiefs, so not sure that is a ding for the Bills.

The AFC is just too damn loaded. While I think the teams with the young franchise QB's have the advantage, there are at least 10 to 11 teams I could see being in the fight come last week of the season for the playoffs. Just way too hard to predict the AFC.

In the NFC, depending on Rodgers, if he stays, then you have GB, Dallas, SF, LA (depends on Cards and Russell Wilson for Hawks). I wouldn't stake my claim on any other team unless TB finds another good QB.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I could see that. It's always easy to pick the current SB winner to repeat. However, the Rams have no real threat in the NFC as of right now. I like the Bills pick. I don't think the Bengals are going to make it back next season if they don't overhaul that OL. Still an entire offseason. Pressure on the Cardinals though as a SB is in their home stadium... could be 3rd in a row?
If Rodgers stays put I'll add them into the covo and I'm not 100% sold Brady is fully retired until the paper work is confirmed. Cards seems like things are falling apart with their QB so the 3 in a row could be in jeopardy. I like the Bengals but you're right about that o-line needs a lot of work and it's tough to repeat SB appearances. Should be another interesting off-season.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the Chargers will be working on that defense in the offseason. The Ravens were probably the most injured team in the NFL last year. Don't expect their defense to be the same next year even if they don't add much more to it.

I guess it all depends on who each team loses to FA and what they can add. Plus, the Bills defense being bad about closing out games, I only remembering the playoff game against the Chiefs, which every defense seems to be bad against the Chiefs, so not sure that is a ding for the Bills.

The AFC is just too damn loaded. While I think the teams with the young franchise QB's have the advantage, there are at least 10 to 11 teams I could see being in the fight come last week of the season for the playoffs. Just way too hard to predict the AFC.

In the NFC, depending on Rodgers, if he stays, then you have GB, Dallas, SF, LA (depends on Cards and Russell Wilson for Hawks). I wouldn't stake my claim on any other team unless TB finds another good QB.
Bills were 0-6 in one score games last year. That's actually quite absurd.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rodgers stays put I'll add them into the covo and I'm not 100% sold Brady is fully retired until the paper work is confirmed. Cards seems like things are falling apart with their QB so the 3 in a row could be in jeopardy. I like the Bengals but you're right about that o-line needs a lot of work and it's tough to repeat SB appearances. Should be another interesting off-season.

Very interesting offseason indeed.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but the Rams supposedly been having bad drafts and keep improving, find out those are good drafts except TuTu.

Rams will have an interesting off-season..
Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t the Rams in some cap trouble ? Also, Donald was talking about retirement, which was surprising to hear, he’ll only be 31 starting next season, still has 3-4 more productive years left .. Von will most likely be gone also…

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t the Rams in some cap trouble ? Also, Donald was talking about retirement, which was surprising to hear, he’ll only be 31 starting next season, still has 3-4 more productive years left .. Von will most likely be gone also…
These kind of stories are not allowed nor appreciated here. Unless you want to see grown men cry.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3