• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Eagles vs. 49ers

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just hold the fort until Bowman and Smith get back. If we can generate the pass rush we did yesterday v the Eagles, we will be even better with Smith and Bowman.

Offensively, it's great with the WR sets but still need to run to set up the pass.

no doubt these two guys will help out when they return, but the TEAM shouldn't be thinking this? the danger is when that time comes, you'll "relax" thinking now these two guys will take over. the TEAM should be thinking like they have to do it themselves, and do it from here on.

the offense still needs to score more TD's, to help the defense. We all wish they could pass more successfully, but you can only do what your players can execute consistently. you should lean to what the players do best, if it is running the ball, then lean run.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I been saying Lynch all year and finally he played and look what he did. He had a great 4th Q. This kid is going to be good. Imagine him an A. smith. WOW

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I been saying Lynch all year and finally he played and look what he did. He had a great 4th Q. This kid is going to be good. Imagine him an A. smith. WOW

yep, we can already see how good he can be.

too bad on Lemonier, who I thought was going to excel this season. not that he's done for, but felt he would do even better than what Lynch is doing now.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, we can already see how good he can be.

too bad on Lemonier, who I thought was going to excel this season. not that he's done for, but felt he would do even better than what Lynch is doing now.

I agree Im disappointed in Lamonier. He isn't done but he needs to add something to this team by year end or the latest next year.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Im disappointed in Lamonier. He isn't done but he needs to add something to this team by year end or the latest next year.

What he needs to add is variety to his pass rushing moves. Physical ability will only take him so far...now he has to work on a bull rush, swim move, turning inside, stunts, hand punch, etc. He only speed rushes around the edge and takes himself out of plays far more then he's in them. Variety is the spice of life homie, try it out and see the results Lemonade!

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember seeing Lemonier with a very impressive first step when he was rushing. He was so quick on the snap. He was timing it perfectly and he was so quick around the corner that the tackle couldn't settle into his regular pass protection technique.

I haven't seen that from him this year. Not sure what the deal is, but he has looked very ordinary.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching this one again, I find myself repeating many of the same positives and negatives, but at least this time it was a win. The O-line pretty much right across the board was pretty brutal in pass protection, but generally excelled in the run department. Boone has been largely ineffective all season, but Staley particularly stood out in the not-so-good department. Part of that was due to how the Eagles really mixed it up on defense.

This was apparent as Kaepernick really couldn't get in to a rythym. His inconsistencies still show glaringly even when not pressured. Inaccurate throws, and a basic lack of football IQ at times. The time out when he should've taken the 5 yard penalty was fully on him - and that tells me that he can't grasp the simple nuances of the game. He then has some amazing throws or plays that pretty much nobody else can do, and it keeps hope alive...hope that one day he gets 'it'....and no...the coaches can't do anything for him there.

The offensive playcalling was also a bit inconsistent. At times extremely creative, and at others, predictable as ever. Gore was Gore was Gore. Stick to the run...run to open up the pass.

The defense was stellar. They weren't on the field much at all, but when they were called upon, they stoned Philly. (even though the Eagles were missing a few offensive linemen) Bethea just picked up Defensive Player Of The Week for his effort, and it was most deserved. Fangio's plan was top notch. When you give up a blocked punt for a TD, a punt return for a TD and an int. returned for a TD, and that's it for the opponents scoring? 'Nuff said. Special teams, outside of Dawson, were the complete opposite.

Next up KC

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After watching this one again, I find myself repeating many of the same positives and negatives, but at least this time it was a win. The O-line pretty much right across the board was pretty brutal in pass protection, but generally excelled in the run department. Boone has been largely ineffective all season, but Staley particularly stood out in the not-so-good department. Part of that was due to how the Eagles really mixed it up on defense.

This was apparent as Kaepernick really couldn't get in to a rythym. His inconsistencies still show glaringly even when not pressured. Inaccurate throws, and a basic lack of football IQ at times. The time out when he should've taken the 5 yard penalty was fully on him - and that tells me that he can't grasp the simple nuances of the game. He then has some amazing throws or plays that pretty much nobody else can do, and it keeps hope alive...hope that one day he gets 'it'....and no...the coaches can't do anything for him there.

The offensive playcalling was also a bit inconsistent. At times extremely creative, and at others, predictable as ever. Gore was Gore was Gore. Stick to the run...run to open up the pass.

The defense was stellar. They weren't on the field much at all, but when they were called upon, they stoned Philly. (even though the Eagles were missing a few offensive linemen) Bethea just picked up Defensive Player Of The Week for his effort, and it was most deserved. Fangio's plan was top notch. When you give up a blocked punt for a TD, a punt return for a TD and an int. returned for a TD, and that's it for the opponents scoring? 'Nuff said. Special teams, outside of Dawson, were the complete opposite.

Next up KC

and this is why fans (ok me) rant on Kaep's play, he hasn't improved much from 2012. good thing for us he was good from the beginning, but he won't ever take it to the 'elite' level. If he hasn't done it by now, he won't reach it. He has started what.....seven games in 2012, eighteen in 2013, and four in 2014?

doesn't mean he can't improve anything more, and doesn't mean he can't get wins. but he doesn't have enough intangibles to be one of the NFL elites. the TEAM will just have to win the SB.