• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Eagles vs. 49ers

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the combo of Lynch and Brooks. Lynch added a much needed pass rush. He was all over Foles in the 4th Q. Great win. We needed this.

Harbaugh: Please go to that offense in the 2nd half. Run run and run some more and then surprise them with the pass. Running the ball opens up the pass. Plus staying on the field stays the D fresh.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and back we go up to the top 5 in the power rankings!:L

We just need to right the ship and win the next 2. If we can go 4-3 and Bowman comes back and then 2 more games we get Smith back. I think 10-6 can get us in the playoffs. Next 2 games are very important. Can not lose. Denver will be tough.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there another team that gets as many false starts penalties as us? Cause I can't imagine there is.

There were five in the Chiefs-Broncos' game.:noidea:

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers Pride 26 - Eagles 21...49ers Defense shines

The 49ers are in trouble. They can't comeback. Harbaugh is out of control. Can't get it done.

All the skeptics come out when you lose a tough game or two. The negative tries to bury you and that vibe will keep coming until you give up or shove it down it's throat. The 49ers backs were up against the wall Sunday vs. Philly. To go 1-3 would be a tough hill to climb but the 49ers came back from a rough start to shove all the negative down it's throat. Yeah they had 10 penalties and some breakdowns on special teams but in the end they got it done and that my friends is 49ers Pride.

It was 21-10 after Sproles took a punt back 82 yards for a TD and you could feel some deflated hearts in 49ers nation. Sports bring out the Warrior in all of us. We all want to win but some don't know or are afraid to find a way to overcome...adapt..find a way...anyway...to get it done. On this Sunday 49ers Pride took over and the Warrior in every 49er pulled together and the boys laid the wood to the Eagles. The defense said ..hey we got Ronnie Lott right here in our hearts and we are coming for you.

The offense is also filled with Warriors leading with Frank Gore from the U baby. Frank has the swagger and the drive to be great like Ronnie . He wants to win period. There was a moment in the game when the sideline wanted to give Frank a breather and he waved them back. Gore was saying I got this and we are going to win today. Gore caught a strange looking but great pass from Kaepernick who threw a ball from far left off his back foot which is a no - no in football but he found a way to get it to Gore on the far right who was wide open for a 55 yrd TD play that will be highlight reel stuff at the end of the year. Gore rolled for 119 yards on the ground on 24 carries.

Kap had his problems on this day but he found a way to comeback and his pass to Stevie Johnson in the 3rd quarter as Johnson did his best Jerry Rice to keep his feet in bounds . The 49ers pulled it to 21-20 and then added two Dawson FG's to lead 26-21 late. The new stadium started to Rock as Philly came charging but the 49ers defense turned them away not once but twice near the goal line. It would not be for the Eagles as the 49ers rose up flew high and proud and brought the house in the new house.

That's 49ers Pride ! :yes:

Go 49ers !!:boxing:

:suds::clap::dingdingding::thrasher::headbanger:

on youtube...

Ronnie Lott Highlights

posted by galacticox4

Last edited by a moderator:

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and back we go up to the top 5 in the power rankings!:L

Why not?
We crushed the 3-1 Cowboys on their field. Dominated the Bears and just beat the undefeated Eagles. The only team really able to beat us so far this year has been us.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's how fans' emotions work but man look at the first 2 pages of this thread: fire Harbaugh, the team stopped playing for him! Fire Baalke! Kap sucks! Season's over!

:noidea:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we all knew the offense would need to come thru first half of the season. we all wanted to lean pass, especially since we got better at WR. but so far that hasn't panned out, and we're 2-2. it could've easily been 1-3 and the season lost.

nice to think we can open up the offense, but no wonder Roman wasn't doing this prior. we can now see its easier said than done.

this team will continue to win more than lose, but it'll all these close games.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we all knew the offense would need to come thru first half of the season. we all wanted to lean pass, especially since we got better at WR. but so far that hasn't panned out, and we're 2-2. it could've easily been 1-3 and the season lost.

nice to think we can open up the offense, but no wonder Roman wasn't doing this prior. we can now see its easier said than done.

Could and should be 4-0 though if not for a few unlucky breaks and a laundry list of penalties. The problem with us has been handing teams out to many freebies. Look at how many points the Eagles and Bears put up compared to what their offense legit earned. Both games should have been blow out wins, but our mistakes gave them easy points. Fix our mistakes and we're easily still a title contender.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Could and should be 4-0 though if not for a few unlucky breaks and a laundry list of penalties. The problem with us has been handing teams out to many freebies. Look at how many points the Eagles and Bears put up compared to what their offense legit earned. Both games should have been blow out wins, but our mistakes gave them easy points. Fix our mistakes and we're easily still a title contender.

ok, you can look at from both sides, but for me it looks even worse than 2-2. IMO we looked bad in all four games, granted some halves were ok. Penalties are consistent all four games, and its an easy target when we lose. We committed most of those penalties to date.

Dallas was running thru our D but handed us their game with 4 turnovers. Dallas (ie Romo) played poorly more than we played well.

Chicago was a turnover filled game, and we deserved to lose. you can't win with four turnovers, see Dallas. Our pass D couldn't handle two WR's slowed by injuries??!!

Arizona threw on our D with a back-up QB, we couldn't stop them 2nd half. Our offense couldn't return the favor, despite them blitzing so much all game. again, we deserved to lose.

Philly scored three touchdowns on ST's, and no matter how opponents do it, we gave up TD's. on their second to the last drive, they would've likely wrapped up the win a TD. They had three new offensive linemen so no surprise on D.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's how fans' emotions work but man look at the first 2 pages of this thread: fire Harbaugh, the team stopped playing for him! Fire Baalke! Kap sucks! Season's over!

:noidea:

It's kinda embarrassing that so many were giving up on that game and the whole season. Lots of football left, people. We're one of many teams who are 2-2. We still have a great opportunity.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We could also just as easily be at 4-0. However, we're right where we should be, IMO. We were better than the Cowboys. We should've beaten the Bears, but we should've lost to the Eagles, considering that fact that we are only the second team in like 75 years to win a game after giving up three return touchdowns. And finally, Arizona deserved to beat us.

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kinda embarrassing that so many were giving up on that game and the whole season. Lots of football left, people. We're one of many teams who are 2-2. We still have a great opportunity.

People like myself tend to get emotional when games are happening live. Doesn't mean we hate are team. Were just letting our anger get the best of us on the internet.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People like myself tend to get emotional when games are happening live. Doesn't mean we hate are team. Were just letting our anger get the best of us on the internet.

Yes, it's understandable, but sometimes it just gets utterly ridiculously. For example, yesterday someone said that if the Niners only got a FG to make the game 21-13 instead of a TD to make it 21-17, then the game wasn't looking good for the Niners. And this was in the first half, not the fourth quarter. BTW, the Niners did only get a FG on that drive.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We could also just as easily be at 4-0. However, we're right where we should be, IMO. We were better than the Cowboys. We should've beaten the Bears, but we should've lost to the Eagles, considering that fact that we are only the second team in like 75 years to win a game after giving up three return touchdowns. And finally, Arizona deserved to beat us.

yeah ok, it looked (feels?) worse to me but guess 2-2 is a 'fair' record.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we could easily be a 4-0 team instead of a 2-2 team but I think we look like a 3-1 team to be honest. We have had fuck ups during games but every team does. If we can stop the 3rd down penalties on D I think this team is in a good position to be 5-3 with players like Bowman and Aldon coming back. Not saying we are going to but I would be surprised if we didnt beat Chiefs and Rams the next 2 weeks.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we could easily be a 4-0 team instead of a 2-2 team but I think we look like a 3-1 team to be honest. We have had fuck ups during games but every team does. If we can stop the 3rd down penalties on D I think this team is in a good position to be 5-3 with players like Bowman and Aldon coming back. Not saying we are going to but I would be surprised if we didnt beat Chiefs and Rams the next 2 weeks.

2-2 is a fair record for us, but I agree that we're probably better than an even record team. Obviously things can change and anything can happen, but we should be the clear favorite in 6 of our remaining 12 games. We will be the underdog at Denver and at Seattle. The game at New Orleans and the three home games against Seattle, Arizona and San Diego will have no clear favorite, IMO. If we win the games we're favored to win and go even in the other games, then we'll finish the regular season with 11 wins. Hoping for better, but I would still be happy.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This tends to get emotional during gameday for sure. I know it is early in the season so many things could happen.Let's just hope that this turns around in the 9ers favor.....and a big FUCK OFF to Deion Sanders!

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-2 is a fair record for us, but I agree that we're probably better than an even record team. Obviously things can change and anything can happen, but we should be the clear favorite in 6 of our remaining 12 games. We will be the underdog at Denver and at Seattle. The game at New Orleans and the three home games against Seattle, Arizona and San Diego will have no clear favorite, IMO. If we win the games we're favored to win and go even in the other games, then we'll finish the regular season with 11 wins. Hoping for better, but I would still be happy.

I would agree with you on this. I would say I see us going 11-5 or 10-6 and making the playoffs. If we get hot at the right time like the G-Men did in their SB runs we could make a run in the playoffs and to the SB. Before Eli and Tom Coughlin won the SB during that season they were talking about trading Eli and firing Coughlin. Oh how winning changes everything.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just hold the fort until Bowman and Smith get back. If we can generate the pass rush we did yesterday v the Eagles, we will be even better with Smith and Bowman.

Offensively, it's great with the WR sets but still need to run to set up the pass.