• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles trying to extend Bradford!

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhmm oh ok clearly your correct....That is why Kiko was brought in to take Kendricks job, that is why Boykin is being shopped....oh guess what, both guys are on last year of their deals. You don't see this?

So now it is about Boykin and Kendricks? Just a few posts ago it was Cox, Curry and Kendrick.

Seriously......if these are players that are not going to stick around here why would the Titans make the trade? Why would to give up the #2 pick for 4 players you probably have no shot at signing to an extension?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey genius do you know how to read? I said exactly that in 10 different threads over the last few weeks. No Shit they can be traded!
LOL... I can just tell you are getting all worked up over this.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i gotta step away...this Bradford shit has me all spun the fuck up....Look i don't care if we are not trading for MM, I want Breshad Perriman in rd 1 if that is the case....but now I have to except that we traded a healthy winning QB who made us top 5 in offense back to back years and a 2nd rd pick for a broken down quitter. now we wanna extend him? yeah i have a problem with that.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Foles was holding the ball too long and he may never recover from his backpedaling out of they pocket ways he fell into. He was also incredibly INJURY PRONED!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with Chip giving Bradford a chance "this" year if he believes Sam has what it takes to get the job done, "but" I'm not sure how you extend him when he hasn't proven he can stay healthy? To me you wait it out ... at least 10 games ... if after 10 games he's the player you thought he'd be and remains healthy, then you start long term talks. You can always Franchise after the season him if he proves to be worth it. To extend him without Bradford having even played a down for us is a HUGE risk imo and an unnecessary move at this point in time.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Foles was holding the ball too long and he may never recover from his backpedaling out of they pocket ways he fell into. He was also incredibly INJURY PRONED!
enut - Sam bradford has a career 58% completion percentage....that flat out sucks....he has 2 blown knees back to back years....Sam Bradford totally befuddled by 49ers defense - hilarious GIF | Larry Brown Sports
ENut they mocked this guy! read it, they mocked him! they called him a joke. His stats sucked! He has horrible career stats, why would we give him a whole new contract?

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with Chip giving Bradford a chance "this" year if he believes Sam has what it takes to get the job done, "but" I'm not sure how you extend him when he hasn't proven he can stay healthy? To me you wait it out ... at least 10 games ... if after 10 games he's the player you thought he'd be and remains healthy, then you start long term talks. You can always Franchise after the season him if he proves to be worth it. To extend him without Bradford having even played a down for us is a HUGE risk imo and an unnecessary move at this point in time.
EXACTLY!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're not worried about him getting hurt game 11? You may as well just sign him now. You're getting him at a discount. And he wants to sign here. That's another discount.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not worried about him getting hurt game 11? You may as well just sign him now. You're getting him at a discount. And he wants to sign here. That's another discount.
Discount??? You already gave up a High draft pick and a Winning QB! Words like discount went out the window long ago with Bradford!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want to see him succeed "and" stay healthy ... sure I worry about him getting hurt after 10 games, but at least a 10 game sample size of success and health is much more than what we have now. How do we know at this point in time if we have damaged good not only physically, but mentally as well? A 10 game sample size would at least ease worries a good deal. What good is it saving a few bucks on a long term deal if the guy can't cut it or stay on the field? Once we give him that extension we're screwed if he doesn't pan out. How bad would it be if Sanchez ends up looking better half way through the season after we give him that long term extension?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Discount??? You already gave up a High draft pick and a Winning QB! Words like discount went out the window long ago with Bradford!

I'm actually not worried much about giving up Foles ... Chip saw him on an every day basis. If he were anything worth keeping, Chip would have kept him. My worry is guaranteeing big money to Bradford before he shows he's worth it.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see him succeed "and" stay healthy ... sure I worry about him getting hurt after 10 games, but at least a 10 game sample size of success and health is much more than what we have now. How do we know at this point in time if we have damaged good not only physically, but mentally as well? A 10 game sample size would at least ease worries a good deal. What good is it saving a few bucks on a long term deal if the guy can't cut it or stay on the field? Once we give him that extension we're screwed if he doesn't pan out. How bad would it be if Sanchez ends up looking better half way through the season after we give him that long term extension?
If you turn his 13 million this year into a signing bonus and get him for 4 extra years at 10 million instead if closer to 20 that would be worth it. There's very little to lose too. If he bombs you release him.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you get him on a super friendly deal then yeah ... I'd have no problem with it. What I don't want to see is the Birds being handcuffed in future years with dead money if he gets hurt or simply doesn't play like a top QB. Maybe Bradford has made enough money (the last of the big QB rookie deals) and just wants to be in a good situation ... I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the specifics are if he signs this rumored extension.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pissed dude, been pissed since we traded for this Gimp! We gave up a 2nd rd pick and Foles for a Gimp that is a quitter...i can't swallow that one. if the reason was to move him for MM I get it, but for us to hitch our future to??? Makes me sick.

And now starting at QB for the Philadelphia Eagles...

bring-out-the-gimp-pulp-fiction.jpg

Sam Bradford!!

medium_image-5381f85e4150502ffe7a0000-coalesced.jpg

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I so can not wait for the draft. Will be nice to be able to move forward again.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be the worst signing of Chips career and possibly Chips career ender in the NFL if he hitches his wagon to Bradford.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People think Bradford sucks? The guy played for the Rams when they were getting the first picks in the draft. With the keys to the Porsche he'd be great. I'm good with either MM or Bradford.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People think Bradford sucks? The guy played for the Rams when they were getting the first picks in the draft. With the keys to the Porsche he'd be great. I'm good with either MM or Bradford.
:agree:

My guess is they want to extend him but I am sure they will build and injury clause in. Aside from the injury risk I think Bradford is good QB. I know he thought about retiring. Who wouldn't after 2 ACL's and playing for the Rams? :D

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with Wings on this one. I absolutely hated the Bradford trade, and think the guy is one good pop from quitting. These reports are coming from the Bradford camp. He is trying to signal that anyone who trades for him is taking a big risk because he will only re-sign with Philly. I say trade his ass to Cleveland, let the Browns call his bluff--or deal with the consequences when he retires abruptly after another injury.