• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles realease Mathis

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he asked to be released... then doesn't show up for work for a month while the other 89 guys who do... then complains in the media last week that the Eagles are not offering him the same million dollar raise he turned down a year ago..then complains when they cut him?

Which one of us is clueless?

He asked to be released months ago didn't he. Why did Kelly wait until after the draft and free agency if it was simply about accommodating his request?

He doesn't have to show up does he.

He complained? Really? Link us up.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He asked to be released months ago didn't he. Why did Kelly wait until after the draft and free agency if it was simply about accommodating his request?

That is his story and I call bullshit on it because the NFLPA looked into the issue.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the second incorrect thing you have said in this thread now, PG.

No I didn't mention week 3. Was I supposed to? The Redskins were a terrible team all year and we went .500 against them. And in the do or die game, we died and desean had a lot to do with it.

Lowly Redskins came into Philly with a 6 game losing streak on way to 3-13 record and knocked them out of the playoffs.
Neither do the other 89 guys...but they seem a little more interested in winning I guess..

Here is the link on the story leaked by the Mathis Camp...

Eagles reportedly offered Evan Mathis a raise, but have since pulled the offer - Bleeding Green Nation

IMO, Mathis has a better chance of starting week 1 somewhere than either Tobin or Barbre.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it boils down to this...

If Chip says it it's gospel.

If you don't show up for OTA's you are not interested in winning...hmmm. Anyone have a list of players who have/do not attended an OTA. Just for reference on those who don't want to win.

Dpd...I'm sure whatever politician you are in favor of loves you and thanks you for believing in them and what they say...LOL.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, Mathis has a better chance of starting week 1 somewhere than either Tobin or Barbre.

Umm. Okay. I will take that bet. The two guys lining up as starters and under contract against the one unemployed guy? Frankly I think Mathis will find a job too, but barring injury, Barbre looks like a guarantee at this point.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it boils down to this...

If Chip says it it's gospel.

If you don't show up for OTA's you are not interested in winning...hmmm. Anyone have a list of players who have/do not attended an OTA. Just for reference on those who don't want to win.

Dpd...I'm sure whatever politician you are in favor of loves you and thanks you for believing in them and what they say...LOL.

You seem to have missed the spot where we crossed referenced what Chip said with Kelce, Peters, Herremans and Tra Thomas's opinions on the subject.

As for the list of players not attending OTAs...with the Eagles it was exactly one...Evan Mathis

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is the quote of mathis complaining?

Semantics... This story was clearly leaked by Mathis's agent as an attempt to extract the raise out of the Eagles. It's clearly not the sort of thing the Eagles would release and they would be the only other party with this knowledge.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is his story and I call bullshit on it because the NFLPA looked into the issue.

What did the NFLPA determine? Link us up.
So the simple question is why did Kelly wait until after the draft, after FA to cut him if he's been asking for his release for months on end now? If Kelly really thought he wasn't good enough he'd have cut him about the same time he let herremans go wouldn't he. And he'd have accounted for it in the draft or FA, wouldn't he. but he waits until the weekend before mandatory workouts? Please.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semantics... This story was clearly leaked by Mathis's agent as an attempt to extract the raise out of the Eagles. It's clearly not the sort of thing the Eagles would release and they would be the only other party with this knowledge.

You assert he's been complaining but you can't actually quote him complaining about anything.

Any more shit you'd like to throw at the wall in the hope it sticks?

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You assert he's been complaining but you can't actually quote him complaining about anything.

Any more shit you'd like to throw at the wall in the hope it sticks?

Now your just trolling. I know your smart enough to recognize and understand the business of leaking to the press.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League wide you will only find about half a dozen players being reported as not attending OTAs. Each one is an ongoing contract dispute. That is about 6 out of 2880 or about 99.8% of players are in camp. The idea that Mathis did not attend OTAs and it was not about the money is ludicrous. Especially after the story that was leaked.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to have missed the spot where we crossed referenced what Chip said with Kelce, Peters, Herremans and Tra Thomas's opinions on the subject.

As for the list of players not attending OTAs...with the Eagles it was exactly one...Evan Mathis

LOL...You keep coming back with what those players say. ONLY ONE said anything remotely close to saying something about Mathis and that was Tra. You believe him because of his positions of playing the OL. He has experience with it, yet when he, being a black man who may have dealt with racial issues and racist stuff, supports McCoy, you act as if he isn't qualified in that area. Why don't you think he is qualified in that area also?

Oh, so it's only this year in the OTA's that matter if the player wants to win...Got it. LOL, your a hoot did.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look dpd, It's cool you support everything this team does. You feel you have no reason not to if the FO/Coach does it as they know much more then you or I. They can't/don't mess up.

Some of us on here will question the decisions, have opinions on them and even say the fucked up. Sometimes we are right. Does that mean that the FO/Coaches are dumb? Does that make us FO/Coaching material? They are human, they are hard headed, they fuck up.

This happens to be a decision that some think is a stupid move for various reasons. They are all valid reasons to. You may not think so because the FO thought differently and since they said it, you agree with it. Others form their own opinions rather then go with someone else's.

I mean, some people thought that Carrol should of run Lynch in the SB...others not. But I'm sure you were a 100% behind him for the call. Even though players (who actually play the game) thought it should of been run. In fact the guy who would of known best, Lynch, as he is the most qualified being the RB, even said they should run it.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...You keep coming back with what those players say. ONLY ONE said anything remotely close to saying something about Mathis and that was Tra. You believe him because of his positions of playing the OL. He has experience with it, yet when he, being a black man who may have dealt with racial issues and racist stuff, supports McCoy, you act as if he isn't qualified in that area. Why don't you think he is qualified in that area also?

Oh, so it's only this year in the OTA's that matter if the player wants to win...Got it. LOL, your a hoot did.

Everyone one of them had alot to say about Mathis..I an tired of being your fact checker. Go read the internet dude. Tra focused on the football aspect which was the most interesting.

The race stuff to me is a total non-story. I have zero interest. Don't know why you are bringing it up here? The only relevance I see to this story is it proves that Thomas is more than willing to criticize Kelly. He clearly is not a company man. So in this context it raises his pedigree as a straight shooter.

You seem to think that players routinely skip OTAs because their contract allows it? Simply not true. 99.8% of players attend and the only one's that skip all of them are involved in contract disputes. Kelly says this was all about money. You seem to disagree? I don't know why? You must be a complete idiot not to see that.
- Player complains about contract
- Player asks to be cut or traded.
- Player doesn't go to work (when 99.8% of them do and the other .2% are involved in contract disputes)
- Players agent tries the old whisper something to the press trick to pressure the team.
- Player gets cut.
- Coach/GM says this was about his contract.

What are you missing here?

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, some people thought that Carrol should of run Lynch in the SB...others not. But I'm sure you were a 100% behind him for the call. Even though players (who actually play the game) thought it should of been run. In fact the guy who would of known best, Lynch, as he is the most qualified being the RB, even said they should run it.

If you search the forum, you will find a long discussion on this that I had. Not to rehash it here (its a good 10 page plus thread), but Yes I was in favor of the call and largely based on (1) the math made it a good call when placed in context of the fact that it allowed one more play given the time on the clock (2) the most successful coach in football (Belicheck) came out a couple of weeks later and said it was a good call).

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps Mathis is having second thoughts, or perhaps by deflecting more of this on Kelly, he is hoping to improve his image (and market for his services). Until he gets a new and better deal, I am thinking that Mathis, his agent (and PFF, and the reporters that kissed his a$$ with every cute tweet) were all a little delusional about how good this guy is. Afterall, there doesn't seem to be a single ex teammate (either with the Eagles or retired or with another team) that has been supportive and more than a few have not been the least bit shy about ripping the guy.

Do you have a reputable source for this opinion?? Or are you now doing the same thing your ripping other posters for???