• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles or Broncos D/ST?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN projects Denver's D/ST to score only two points against Indy, while Philly's D/ST projects twelve points against Jacksonville. I know that Indy added some nice weapons, but their o-line is injury riddled and Denver added some nice pieces to its defense. Jacksonville figures to be anemic offensively, but it still seems to me that the projected difference is too great. Any thoughts?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont overthink this, it may be to great a spread, but which team would you rather face, indy or jax....

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well ESPN is projecting a shootout in the Denver/Indy game, and probably projecting a blowout in the other. Jacksonville isn't going to score much, Indy most likely will. I'ts hard to project things like sacks and turnovers, so going off of the only things that are LIKELY to happen, the Eagles D will outscore Denver's D, based on points allowed and yards allowed. But that doesn't mean Denver can't make up that difference in sacks and or turnovers, possibly defensive scores..you just can't really predict them with any certainty, especially week one. Eagles is probably the safer pick.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting the Broncos. Don't care about the computer projections. Indy is not an ideal matchup, sure. But the Broncos D is top 3 in pure talent. Indy has no running game and no O-line. Luck is going to be forced to chunk it a lot. Points will be scored, sure. But there should be plenty of sack and turnover opportunities to be had as well.

I would be willing to bet you are still looking at a 12-15 point from them. Not great, but very serviceable on an off week.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow thats aot of turnovers and sack to project 12-15

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting the Broncos. Don't care about the computer projections. Indy is not an ideal matchup, sure. But the Broncos D is top 3 in pure talent. Indy has no running game and no O-line. Luck is going to be forced to chunk it a lot. Points will be scored, sure. But there should be plenty of sack and turnover opportunities to be had as well.

I would be willing to bet you are still looking at a 12-15 point from them. Not great, but very serviceable on an off week.

I'd say that's really stretching it a bit, but they should be pretty good

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow thats aot of turnovers and sack to project 12-15

Lol, I didn't mean 12-15pts off just sacks and turnovers. I meant total points. Guessing you will at least still get a few points off lack of yards and points, etc...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles IMO... especially for the points scored against factor. Not sure how bad it hurts in your league. Indy will score. Jags may be held under 10 and see huge sack and turnover chances with Jags playing from behind by a lot.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles IMO... especially for the points scored against factor. Not sure how bad it hurts in your league. Indy will score. Jags may be held under 10 and see huge sack and turnover chances with Jags playing from behind by a lot.

Perhaps you are right. Luck is outstanding and Indy gets some nice weapons back from injury on offense and added a couple of others. I am admittedly a Broncos homer, but Denver also added a few playmakers on its defense and also gets a couple of others back from injury. Add to that how I salivated after reading this, and I'm not too sure that Indy scores more points than Jacksonville:

Denver Broncos vs. Indianapolis Colts: First Look - Mile High Report

Excerpt about the Colts' offensive line:
" Starting LG Donald Thomas was lost to a season-ending quad injury the first week of camp. Starting center Khaled Holmes has yet to practice since spraining an ankle in the preseason opener. Tackle Ulrick John was placed on season ending IR, and just about every backup is dinged up or will be unavailable to play Sunday."

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps you are right. Luck is outstanding and Indy gets some nice weapons back from injury on offense and added a couple of others. I am admittedly a Broncos homer, but Denver also added a few playmakers on its defense and also gets a couple of others back from injury. Add to that how I salivated after reading this, and I'm not too sure that Indy scores more points than Jacksonville:

Denver Broncos vs. Indianapolis Colts: First Look - Mile High Report

Excerpt about the Colts' offensive line:
" Starting LG Donald Thomas was lost to a season-ending quad injury the first week of camp. Starting center Khaled Holmes has yet to practice since spraining an ankle in the preseason opener. Tackle Ulrick John was placed on season ending IR, and just about every backup is dinged up or will be unavailable to play Sunday."

The more you know...huh? I will pay attention to that going forward though.