• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles/Lions game thread

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz is a future NFL All Pro. I think he could someday be the best QB in the NFL. He is not there by a longshot yet but what what I have seen so far only cements how good he really is.
Look around the league at the age of the top QBs. Wentz will be there quicker than you think.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole season is gravy to me.

I had this team pegged at 6 wins coming into the season. If you told me we'd be 3-1 after the Detroit game, I would've taken it in a heartbeat. Don't have an issue with the play call that led to the fumble. Whether or not your most fumble-prone RB is the right guy, personnel-wise, to get that carry is another story.

Didn't see enough of the game to really comment on the officiating, but listening to Mike and Merrill in the car, they definitely called out the officials for not having a handle on the game.

At the end of the day, this team was down 14-0 in the first quarter on the road, and they were thisclose to pulling out a W. Disappointing loss for sure, but the fact that this team was able to come all the way back and have a lead late is what I'm taking away from this game. This is a mentally tough group of guys.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't be happier all things considered ... Wentz made a rookie mistake trying to go for a HR when all we needed was a few singles and then a sac fly to win. He trusted a former first round pick to either make they play, draw the flag or at least break up a possible INT; Agholor couldn't do any of the 3. Wentz will learn from this and move on ... he has over 1000 yards in his first 4 starts with a 7 to 1 TD/Int rate and around a 68% completion percentage. I think we are in great shape moving forward and a year ahead of schedule towards becoming legit Super Bowl Contenders.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't be happier all things considered ... Wentz made a rookie mistake trying to go for a HR when all we needed was a few singles and then a sac fly to win. He trusted a former first round pick to either make they play, draw the flag or at least break up a possible INT; Agholor couldn't do any of the 3. Wentz will learn from this and move on ... he has over 1000 yards in his first 4 starts with a 7 to 1 TD/Int rate and around a 68% completion percentage. I think we are in great shape moving forward and a year ahead of schedule towards becoming legit Super Bowl Contenders.

Very well said. But I think your being too hard on algholor on that play. It was underthrown, much because of too much air under it (wentz def has the arm strength). Algholor is not a Djackson speedster and had very tight coverage. Having to slow down to position for the ball didn't help that either and had the defender in the same position, who played the ball. Not sure how he could have done anything different to draw the flag. It was also over his shoulder, and you can see him almost going to the ground trying to adjust for it. It just just a poor play call, and a bad decision to throw it seeing there was no separation. I honestly don't put much of that on agholor, unless you want to say he couldn't get any separation. But he wasn't brought in to be a Djackson deep speed burner - he was brought in to be a possession receiver with good hands. I'm just not ready to jump on the hate algholor wagon just yet.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The throw was a bad decision. It was also not well placed overall. A few feet over and Agholor has a shot to make a play on the ball.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reaon to run the ball there with 4 minutes left in the game. The coaching staff is the goat.
less than 2:40 left with the Lions having 0 timeouts left.

hand the ball off over the center and punt down to inside the 20 and make them drive 50+ yards in less than 2 minutes with no timeouts to kick a FG and win.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The throw was a bad decision. It was also not well placed overall. A few feet over and Agholor has a shot to make a play on the ball.
Agholor run too far under the ball.

How many other #1 WR get boxed out by a smaller CB in that situation?
Dez?
Julio?
Green?
Jordy?

If I have one problem with the play call its not having DGB running deep so the CB would have to climb on his back to get high enough to intercept.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agholar should have knocked the ball away if he could not catch it.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had this team pegged at 6 wins coming into the season. If you told me we'd be 3-1 after the Detroit game, I would've taken it in a heartbeat. Don't have an issue with the play call that led to the fumble. Whether or not your most fumble-prone RB is the right guy, personnel-wise, to get that carry is another story.

Didn't see enough of the game to really comment on the officiating, but listening to Mike and Merrill in the car, they definitely called out the officials for not having a handle on the game.

At the end of the day, this team was down 14-0 in the first quarter on the road, and they were thisclose to pulling out a W. Disappointing loss for sure, but the fact that this team was able to come all the way back and have a lead late is what I'm taking away from this game. This is a mentally tough group of guys.

The officials were a joke. Good way to lose right before the Skins actually. They should be extra hungry.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was late, short and off the mark. I bet the next one won't be.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was late, short and off the mark. I bet the next one won't be.

I agree with you on this but the intereption still should not have happened. Agholor should have known the situation and not allow the interception to happen. He should have fought more to stop it. I also believe the through should not have happened....it was double coverage too. I will say I am pleased with the placement of the throw as far as putting it in between two defenders but it was definitely underthrown.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on this but the intereption still should not have happened. Agholor should have known the situation and not allow the interception to happen. He should have fought more to stop it. I also believe the through should not have happened....it was double coverage too. I will say I am pleased with the placement of the throw as far as putting it in between two defenders but it was definitely underthrown.

Agholor wasn't physical enough but he never really saw the ball either because of where it was thrown. He did get a paw on it, but Slay got two.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agholor wasn't physical enough but he never really saw the ball either because of where it was thrown. He did get a paw on it, but Slay got two.

That is a good point. As I am replaying it in my head again I can remember Agholor having to looking over his right shoulder a bit.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a good point. As I am replaying it in my head again I can remember Agholor having to looking over his right shoulder a bit.

He tripped himself up looking for it. He definitely could have played it way better, but those things happen on poorly thrown balls. When it left Wentz's hand I was excited. Agholor even had some separation if the ball was out in front of him more.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. This. Amen.

I think the worst thing that happened yesterday was that we shellacked the Steelers two weeks ago. This team can possibly overachieve and make the playoffs. It is just a rather slim odds. And I am OK with that. I want to see a loss like yesterday. I want these to happen now....not later when the lessons cant be learned as well.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A chop block is when a tackler is engaged in a block and someone else cuts he's knees out. Detroit blitzed Sproles blocked him one on one. How can that even remotely be a chip block.

Again, I hate people who blame penalties but this was beyond believable. Uuugh. Take a 35 yard run that lands us inside the 10 and call a phantom hold. Heart broke.

Yup. A travesty. In a more just land that ref would be hung by his balls today and beat like a pinata.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure the replay showed he was close enough. At least swat it.

Yet off balance, not in the least because the DB pulled his arm a little earlier.