• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles - I have no clue

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many questions around the Eagles that I expect I won't end up drafting any of them in fantasy (except McCoy if for some reason he slips a little). I have no idea who will play QB, no idea what kind of scheme they will actually run (how much it will be what Kelly ran in college, how much it will be what fits his players), and no idea if the offense will be a misguided mess or a brilliant scheme.

Anybody out there have anything to offer?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, not really! But, my gut feeling is both McCoy and Brown are going to be good backs to have, McCoy still being a RB1, Brown a streaming flex option. DJAX a good WR3, and Foles will either beat Vick outright, or will take the job by week 5.

I'm expecting a much more run heavy, short passing attack with the occasional deep shot coming only on play actions. And, having said all that, not expecting a whole lot of TD's from any of them. Maybe a surprise at TE?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im drafting every single Eagles player. I think they are going to explode. With Kelly's offense it is a great chance for RBs to get a Lot of points, also your speedy WR's./

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im drafting every single Eagles player. I think they are going to explode. With Kelly's offense it is a great chance for RBs to get a Lot of points, also your speedy WR's./

I think Gator fans expected the same thing when Spurrier took over the Redskins... ;)

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can I play in your league...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many questions around the Eagles that I expect I won't end up drafting any of them in fantasy (except McCoy if for some reason he slips a little).

I've been dropping Vick in my rankings accordingly. About the only sure thing to me is that LeSean and Bryce will get their touches - whether the Eagles are successful or not.

I had Maclin ranked decently until the ACL fiasco. DeSean Jackson is a WR3 at best IMO, since he seems to set new lows each year. Other than these 3, I may not come close to another Eagles player (or their D/ST).

Even the best IDP is DeMeco Ryans, roughly 49 spots down.

Probably doesn't answer your question, Wil.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles fan here.....

I wouldn't put much weight into either Eagles QB. None are a top 15 QB. Vick won't be around when the season starts, IMO, and Foles just isn't there yet. I think they will run heavily so McCoy will be a good pick, and Brown in deeper leagues. It is hard to predict which WRs will do good in this offense. I think D-Jax will be a good #2 or #3 WR, but not sure what others could provide good production.

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fairly high on McCoy.. He should have a very nice bounce back season..(improved o-line will be nice for all Philly RBS) For the passing game; now that's a different story. It all depends who will be playing Qb for the Eagles.. Maclin's injury is a big loss and I don't know if they have anoyone to step in and fill the void..

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody out there have anything to offer?

ahh, not really... other than I probably have Vick, McCoy and Jackson ranked too high... or too low... or, wait... yeah, not really much at all!

33. DeSean Jackson - The Eagles are very hard to get a grasp on for me, every single one of them.

-- TKO's WR rankings

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bryce Brown is there in the 8th-9th, I will snag him. I have no faith that McCoy will stay healthy, especially with the loss of Maclin and uncertainty at QB forcing them to rely on the running game. Brown has a ton of tread left on the tires and no real injury history. I wouldn't be shocked if McCoy was hurt by week 5, and that would make Brown a very good RB2/flex play. Even if McCoy isn't hurt, Brown is a decent guy to have.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not shy away from McCoy after the top 7 RBs are gone. His upside is top 3.

There is some injury risk, however, so although I don't normally believe in handcuffs, Bryce Brown is a must if you own Shady. Like some others have mentioned, he could get enough touches to be a decent flex play on his own.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not just wait till they play a couple of preseason games? By then, you'll have a good idea of the types of plays they'll be running and what positions to target. If you see a lot of 2 TE sets, maybe you draft Celek late (is he still on the team?). If they mix in a lot of running plays, you'll know McCoy is worth a first round pick and that Brown will probably be a decent flex player. Plus, you may even find a sleeper buried on the depth chart. This happened to me last year watching the Skins preseason. Everyone kept saying "don't draft any Skins RBs cuz Shannhan has a terrible rotation" but I just kept thinking Morris looked really good. So I took a flyer on him late in like the 12th round. Needless to say it worked. (Though my Hankerson pick busted :L )

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not just wait till they play a couple of preseason games? By then, you'll have a good idea of the types of plays they'll be running and what positions to target. If you see a lot of 2 TE sets, maybe you draft Celek late (is he still on the team?). If they mix in a lot of running plays, you'll know McCoy is worth a first round pick and that Brown will probably be a decent flex player. Plus, you may even find a sleeper buried on the depth chart. This happened to me last year watching the Skins preseason. Everyone kept saying "don't draft any Skins RBs cuz Shannhan has a terrible rotation" but I just kept thinking Morris looked really good. So I took a flyer on him late in like the 12th round. Needless to say it worked. (Though my Hankerson pick busted :L )
Unfortunately many leagues don't have that option..many draft within a week or so, if they haven't already. Plus, for those brave souls on here trying to jumpstart a fantasy football website...they really don't have that time.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, preseason isn't necessarily indicative of what you will see in the regular season. RG3 didn't looks so great until they brought out the full offensive package in week 1. Most teams go with really vanilla looks to avoid getting their best stuff on the opponents game film.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, preseason isn't necessarily indicative of what you will see in the regular season. RG3 didn't looks so great until they brought out the full offensive package in week 1. Most teams go with really vanilla looks to avoid getting their best stuff on the opponents game film.

I was speaking specifically about the Eagles running in regards to their offense though. Watching preseason games will give you an indication of how their offense will look. No one has a damn clue right now. It may not be a full package but anyone that knows anything about football will get a good indication of what their style will be in the regular season.

And anyone who drafts this early is an idiot and should bitch out your commish. You're just begging to have a pick wasted on a guy who gets hurt in a drill 2 days later because he's not in shape yet

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually have a draft coming up Sunday afternoon (one of my favorites since it's an auction). The upside is whatever insights you have may not be obvious to others yet. The downside is your insights might be delusions.