• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles get Bills 4th rd pick

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston's a better "traditional" QB than Mariota and if not for his off field issues would have been right there with Mariota competing to be the first guy off the board. The kid just keeps making bonehead decision after bonehead decision off the field though. Mariota ceiling is very high as long as the team that drafts him can construct a playbook to fit his skills.

Those issues aren't going to get better when he has a few million dollars in his pocket. Anybody want to make him the face of your franchise?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those issues aren't going to get better when he has a few million dollars in his pocket. Anybody want to make him the face of your franchise?

Of course. He's a leader. His coaches believe in him, his teammates believe in him. He produces on the field. He's a young kid. Has anyone ever thrown darts 15 yards downfield as consistently as him at the college level? I don't remember even Luck chucking it like that.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at "just" on field play Winston's a heck of a prospect ... the kid can flat out sling it and he's a leader on that football field. He's Big Ben with a little better mobility. The problem is that you simply can't ignore the off field stuff ... and we're talking multiple issues. If he had Mariota's reputation I think Tampa would be all over him as he is plug and play ready in any system.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been saying Mariota wasnt a slam dunk to the Bucs & that we had a shot in a trade & everyone shot me down as crazy. Bucs OC choice will tell the tale. I still think the Bucs will choose Winston IF he declares.

If Chip wants Mariota bad..I think we get him.

A couple of 1sts (including this years) , VCurry & Foles to sme team in the TOP 4. Probably could get up there for even less if its the Raiders.

The great thing is all the teams picking 1-4 are garbage & all need a shit ton of help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Mariota goes #1, either to the Bucs or by trade. Winston has the talent to go #1 if not for the baggage ... but that baggage won't just magically disappear.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice trade by Howie here to get a free 4th rounder for nothing.

The Bucs would be dumb to pass on Winston for Mariotta. Winston's the best passer since Luck. He's Roethlisberger-esque. He can read a defense, make progressions, and make all the throws. He and Mike Evans would be a ridiculous passing combo for ten years. Mariotta is athletic with a good arm, but what the hell is he as a real QB? He's simply not one.

Winston is an accident waiting to happen. He's going to take his first check, buy a sports car, and wrap it around a tree. Dude was too immature to stay out of trouble in college, it certainly won't get better when he has all that money.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston is an accident waiting to happen. He's going to take his first check, buy a sports car, and wrap it around a tree. Dude was too immature to stay out of trouble in college, it certainly won't get better when he has all that money.

He banged a chick that went crazy and he yelled some college funny shit in the cafeteria, is there something else related to drag racing or binge partying that you are privy to that no one else is to make you predict multiple times that he will kill himself against a tree?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at "just" on field play Winston's a heck of a prospect ... the kid can flat out sling it and he's a leader on that football field. He's Big Ben with a little better mobility. The problem is that you simply can't ignore the off field stuff ... and we're talking multiple issues. If he had Mariota's reputation I think Tampa would be all over him as he is plug and play ready in any system.

You can mostly ignore the off field stuff. It's minor even if it's multiple minor stuff. Ten years ago there's no consequences at all for that kind of minor stuff. He doesn't have any character flaws related to coachability, work ethic or substance addictions and those are the important ones.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can mostly ignore the off field stuff. It's minor even if it's multiple minor stuff. Ten years ago there's no consequences at all for that kind of minor stuff. He doesn't have any character flaws related to coachability, work ethic or substance addictions and those are the important ones.

If you take a look at todays NFL the off the field stuff is very important. The NFL wants to protect it's brand and will not tolerate the off the field crap like it used to.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you take a look at todays NFL the off the field stuff is very important. The NFL wants to protect it's brand and will not tolerate the off the field crap like it used to.

Sure, but only if you pretend that Winston's off field stuff was different off field stuff than it actually was. Like if you pretend that he killed someone, then yeah that would be a problem to you. And if you pretend that he choked a coach, then yeah that would be a problem to you too.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but only if you pretend that Winston's off field stuff was different off field stuff than it actually was. Like if you pretend that he killed someone, then yeah that would be a problem to you. And if you pretend that he choked a coach, then yeah that would be a problem to you too.

I have no idea what he has done. I do not follow college football so I know very little about him. If he is as good as everyone claims he is then I am sure a team will take him. The big question will be is the risk worth the reward. I am talking about players in general and not just this particular one.

Here is a quote from an article (2015 NFL Draft: Weighing Winston's off-field issues vs. his huge talent - CBSSports.com)

"Boys will be boys. College kids will be college kids. But Winston's situation doesn't have that feel. The act has worn thin. His class clown routine demonstrates extremely poor judgment, leading to six different incidents since he enrolled at Florida State that have embarrassed himself, his teammates and what he represents."

He may not have killed or choked anyone but things like this have dropped other player's draft position in past. He just sounds like he has a lot of PR work to do between now and the draft.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where there is smoke, there is usually a fire. r*pe, point shaving & theft...NO WAY Id pick him to be my QB. Great way to get fired.

And I honestly dont even think he is all that on the field.

Dude has 2 years of college playing exp..and now you give him a huge guranteed contract. Good luck with that lol.

He'll be someone elses problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once the NFL really starts to dig into Winstons background I would expect that he drops significantly in the draft. Million dollar arms with ten cent heads usally dont make it in the NFL. Too many Ryan Leaf Todd Maronivchs types.

One other reason to say that Mariota will not be an Eagle, the guy is a choir boy. Tampa would be foolish to not draft him number 1.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once the NFL really starts to dig into Winstons background I would expect that he drops significantly in the draft. Million dollar arms with ten cent heads usally dont make it in the NFL. Too many Ryan Leaf Todd Maronivchs types.

He doesn't have a ten cent head. His head can call blocking assignments, read a defense, see a field, go through progressions, beyond the level of what's expected out of a 22 year old kid. Everyone that's worked with him praises his football acumen. And it translates on the field. Winston's a QB true and through.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what he has done. I do not follow college football so I know very little about him. If he is as good as everyone claims he is then I am sure a team will take him. The big question will be is the risk worth the reward. I am talking about players in general and not just this particular one.

Here is a quote from an article (2015 NFL Draft: Weighing Winston's off-field issues vs. his huge talent - CBSSports.com)

"Boys will be boys. College kids will be college kids. But Winston's situation doesn't have that feel. The act has worn thin. His class clown routine demonstrates extremely poor judgment, leading to six different incidents since he enrolled at Florida State that have embarrassed himself, his teammates and what he represents."

He may not have killed or choked anyone but things like this have dropped other player's draft position in past. He just sounds like he has a lot of PR work to do between now and the draft.

PR work is completely unnecessary as he'll get to meet with all the teams face to face and all the teams will speak with his coaches. The "PR work" that will be done surrounding this situation is teams talking shit on him in hopes of dropping his draft stock so they might have a chance at him.

If you did watch college football, and you know how to evaluate QBs, you'd likely conclude that the upside is greater and the risks smaller than plenty of early picks and #1 QBs.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have a ten cent head. His head can call blocking assignments, read a defense, see a field, go through progressions, beyond the level of what's expected out of a 22 year old kid. Everyone that's worked with him praises his football acumen. And it translates on the field. Winston's a QB true and through.

Oh yes he does have a 10 cent head. I didn't say he couldn't play on the football field. Both Leaf and Marinovich could do the same things on the football field in college as Winston, both had 10cent heads like Winston because they had millions of dollars starting them in the face and they couldn't keep clean off the field. That is what a 10 cent head is. In fact if you look up 10 cent head in the dictionary Winston Name is right next to it.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Leaf couldn't lead and wasn't coachable. Not the same as the minor stuff Winston has done off the field.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that when you draft a guy with the first or second pick and give him tons of money to play for your awful team, you also make him the new face of your franchise. Imagine Johnny Football x 100.

If he acts like an ass, your team looks like a bunch of fools.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word down here is that FSU has swept a lot of Winston issues under the rug along with a potential 2nd issue regarding sexual misconduct. Teams with interest in Winston will leave no stone unturned; I have a feeling we'll be hearing more stuff on Winston come out as we get closer to the draft. I honestly hope they don't find anything significant ... I think he could be a damn good QB at the next level.