• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles get Bills 4th rd pick

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota is a better Cam Newton imo. You tailor your system to fit what he does and turn him loose. Tampa imo would be nuts not to either take him or trade the pick to somebody who wants him.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the comparison to Cam, Rey, except that I think Cam is more physical than Marcus. Marcus is probably faster though. Sort of like he is more finesse, and Cam is more physical. Do you agree with that assessment?

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see more Colin Kaepernick in Mariota just more accurate and not as strong an arm. He might even be a hair faster than Kap. Clearly perfect for our system....but nobody else runs a system like we do. At least not yet. Some teams have copied stuff, clearly. Just remember the kid I spoke about a few weeks back Bryan Bennett that kid was neck and neck with Mariota for the longest time. Chip had to make a tough call and went with Mariota who is slightly faster prob 4.45 to Bennet 4.6. However, if you do some research, Bennett was the star of the Manning Passing Academy for 2 straight years. He was able to make all the NFL throws and wowed Scouts with his arm strenghth when he threw it from his own 20 into the end zone 80 Yards away. They estimated he threw the ball 84 yards in the air. Clearly Chip recruited Bennett.
just a reminder what Bennett looked like running Chips offense https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUmxqGaqK1A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPuji7y-oC4
that was Bennett as a Freshman and Soph...he shows the Big arm, he throws a perfect seam pass, he runs the read option perfectly. He can even throw it off his back foot with Zip when needed. Of any QB I have seen coming out in this draft not named Mariota or Hundley Bennett fits Chips offense perfectly.
I think he is our guy. Russell Wilson went 3rd round, this kid could go 4th round, perhaps with that Bills pick.
Here is the kids Story here....I think he is pretty impressive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W08hAhg00Yg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BEULYJv28M

Bryan Bennett looks every bit as good as Mariota to me. Yeah HAHA good one Wings, that is ridiculous...But is it? Both kids high recruits to play at a great school Oregon....both were locked in an extremely tight QB battle

The Battle between Mariota vs Bennett
Oregon Ducks 2012 QB Battle: Bryan Bennett vs. Marcus Mariota | AthlonSports.com

I think Bennett is gonna make some noise hopefully he gets invited to play in the Senior Bowl.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not what I'm hearing bro...we will see soon enough.

I agree with you Wings.

I remember seeing on ESPN where the talk was that Mariota's stock was limited to teams running the read option. He is not your prototypical pocket passes and unless teams have a specific need for that type of QB tey will pas on him. I did not think his stock was that high to begin with which is why I thought some of the trade options around here we just plain stupid.

Now with that said I think Mariota would be a great QB for the Eagles because we run the offense he is best suited for. I don't think he gets to us because some GM out there is going to watch some bowl games and think he is the next great prospect.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you Wings.

I remember seeing on ESPN where the talk was that Mariota's stock was limited to teams running the read option. He is not your prototypical pocket passes and unless teams have a specific need for that type of QB tey will pas on him. I did not think his stock was that high to begin with which is why I thought some of the trade options around here we just plain stupid.

Now with that said I think Mariota would be a great QB for the Eagles because we run the offense he is best suited for. I don't think he gets to us because some GM out there is going to watch some bowl games and think he is the next great prospect.
No Question both Mariota and Bennett are perfect for us... they both run or have run our offense.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see more Colin Kaepernick in Mariota just more accurate and not as strong an arm. He might even be a hair faster than Kap. Clearly perfect for our system....but nobody else runs a system like we do. At least not yet. Some teams have copied stuff, clearly. Just remember the kid I spoke about a few weeks back Bryan Bennett that kid was neck and neck with Mariota for the longest time. Chip had to make a tough call and went with Mariota who is slightly faster prob 4.45 to Bennet 4.6. However, if you do some research, Bennett was the star of the Manning Passing Academy for 2 straight years. He was able to make all the NFL throws and wowed Scouts with his arm strenghth when he threw it from his own 20 into the end zone 80 Yards away. They estimated he threw the ball 84 yards in the air. Clearly Chip recruited Bennett.
just a reminder what Bennett looked like running Chips offense https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUmxqGaqK1A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPuji7y-oC4
that was Bennett as a Freshman and Soph...he shows the Big arm, he throws a perfect seam pass, he runs the read option perfectly. He can even throw it off his back foot with Zip when needed. Of any QB I have seen coming out in this draft not named Mariota or Hundley Bennett fits Chips offense perfectly.
I think he is our guy. Russell Wilson went 3rd round, this kid could go 4th round, perhaps with that Bills pick.
Here is the kids Story here....I think he is pretty impressive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W08hAhg00Yg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BEULYJv28M

Bryan Bennett looks every bit as good as Mariota to me. Yeah HAHA good one Wings, that is ridiculous...But is it? Both kids high recruits to play at a great school Oregon....both were locked in an extremely tight QB battle

The Battle between Mariota vs Bennett
Oregon Ducks 2012 QB Battle: Bryan Bennett vs. Marcus Mariota | AthlonSports.com

I think Bennett is gonna make some noise hopefully he gets invited to play in the Senior Bowl.

Yep. Kaepernick with better accuracy.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offense could bring in a kid from a smaller program with an arm and legs and coach him up. We would be looking for a different kind of QB than the typical draft prospect.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett was a great find,Wings, and I'd be fine with him, especially with that extra 4th round pick.
That way we can fix the secondary, and bolster the OL, and WR.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice trade by Howie here to get a free 4th rounder for nothing.

The Bucs would be dumb to pass on Winston for Mariotta. Winston's the best passer since Luck. He's Roethlisberger-esque. He can read a defense, make progressions, and make all the throws. He and Mike Evans would be a ridiculous passing combo for ten years. Mariotta is athletic with a good arm, but what the hell is he as a real QB? He's simply not one.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I'll ask. Does Howie get any credit for making this great trade?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he does, but perhaps it was a joint decision by Howie and Chip. this was before the major fracture of last week.

I think Howie has done a very good job, but as reported, he was a very difficult guy to work for.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie was good at many aspects of his job. He really was. It sounds like ultimately he was demoted due to his personality.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie was good at many aspects of his job. He really was. It sounds like ultimately he was demoted due to his personality.
Yeah it sounds like Howie was and or is a Fuckin asshole!

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston is also dumb as a rock. First check gets he will wrap a car around a tree.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston's a better "traditional" QB than Mariota and if not for his off field issues would have been right there with Mariota competing to be the first guy off the board. The kid just keeps making bonehead decision after bonehead decision off the field though. Mariota ceiling is very high as long as the team that drafts him can construct a playbook to fit his skills.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matter of fact Tampa may say hey Chip, we want Vinny Curry to start for us at DE, and we want Nick Foles along with your first this year and next....That new coach buys a year with an already seasoned Nick Foles and could still draft a Qb in rd 3. Ya know Chip would be all over that.

I( dont see that happening. Chip will keep Foles. Our bigest problems are on defense.