• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Free Agency & Draft 2020

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After complaining for 2 years, this is actually the 3rd, they FINALLY took a WR in the 1st round. They should take another one tonight to finally give Wentz the weapons that he needs. I haven't been posting much because virtually everybody has finally seen just how bad the wide receivers on this team really were.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except, John, we HAVE to get at least 1 or 2 CB's. We now have to guard against Cooper and Lamb twice a year! We have Slay for MAYBE 2 or 3 years. AND, we do NOT have any other corners that can guard these guys. SO, Howie, you'd better get the best available CB tonight. Howie and gang are counting on Carson to win games all by himself. If they didn't want Jefferson, then they should have taken Murray, Queen, or one of the corners still on the board last night. Now, we have the 53rd pick tonight - 21 picks after most of the teams have pilfered the best talent left. Yes, I am Steamed!!!!
I have lost all hope in Howie. He is an overpaid accountant/lawyer.Look at what a good job Jon Lynch has done in SF. :mad2:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except, John, we HAVE to get at least 1 or 2 CB's. We now have to guard against Cooper and Lamb twice a year! We have Slay for MAYBE 2 or 3 years. AND, we do NOT have any other corners that can guard these guys. SO, Howie, you'd better get the best available CB tonight. Howie and gang are counting on Carson to win games all by himself. If they didn't want Jefferson, then they should have taken Murray, Queen, or one of the corners still on the board last night. Now, we have the 53rd pick tonight - 21 picks after most of the teams have pilfered the best talent left. Yes, I am Steamed!!!!
I have lost all hope in Howie. He is an overpaid accountant/lawyer.Look at what a good job Jon Lynch has done in SF. :mad2:
Jefferson is trash and the Vikings are terrible at drafting 1st round receivers. They never get it right.

Jefferson played the easiest position in all of college football. Slot WR for a brilliant offensive coordinator and catching passes from the most productive single season QB ever.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you said, we have Slay for 2 or 3 years. Maybe you'll find this funny but we do still have Sidney Jones at corner. He WAS supposed to be a 1st round talent. Then again, CB's are pretty useless if the Dline can't get enough pressure on the QB.
I have been saying - for too long now - that they do need to FINALLY give Wentz the weapons that he needs to make this a GREAT offense. Besides, Jeffrey, and DJax are probably gone after this year. Get their replacements now.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB is a confidence position. I don’t think Sidney Jones has played with much of any until the back stretch last season. He made some plays in the last few games. I hope that carries over because he’s talented enough to do the job. We really need that guy to step up.

I keep thinking about BG. After his first 2-3 seasons he looked like a missed pick. But then he kicked his game in to a different gear. And what it was was a growth in his confidence that he belonged and he could compete. Hopefully that’s Jones story too.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles agreed to terms with 12 undrafted free agents:
DB Grayland Arnold
WR Manasseh Bailey
G Julian Good-Jones
DB Michael Jacquet
C Luke Juriga
RB Adrian Killins
LB Dante Olson
DB Elijah Riley
DB Prince Smith
TE Noah Togiai
RB Michael Warren
DT Raequan Williams

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jon Lynch hasn't won a SB yet.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB is a confidence position. I don’t think Sidney Jones has played with much of any until the back stretch last season. He made some plays in the last few games. I hope that carries over because he’s talented enough to do the job. We really need that guy to step up.

I keep thinking about BG. After his first 2-3 seasons he looked like a missed pick. But then he kicked his game in to a different gear. And what it was was a growth in his confidence that he belonged and he could compete. Hopefully that’s Jones story too.

I didn't like that the Eagles tried to play him in the slot to start his career - he is not a slot corner, he is an outside guy. I'm hoping that with a competent position coach and playing the outside, his NATURAL position, he will finally have some success. He also needs to stay healthy, I hope the new strength and conditioning staff can address that too. I liked him so much coming out of college, I still have hope he can be good. But this is his last shot.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven’t believed one Dillard rumor yet. Why would you draft a left tackle in round one and trade him without having another tackle behind him and having not yet seeing him show you what he’s got yet? Zero truth to these rumors and zero truth to the Williams rumors.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for the record - ANOTHER year went by when they did NOT draft a center, guard, tight end, running back, linebacker, safety, or kicker in the 1st round of the draft.
MAYBE one year, people will stop thinking that they will.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did as a player on the TB Bucs.
And a bad game plan by his coach, when they had the game won last year. He stopped playing to win, and just got too conservative, like he did at Atlanta when they lost to N.E. in the previous SB.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did as a player on the TB Bucs.

I meant as an executive - easier to build a team that sucked and tanked for years and was the beneficiary of high draft picks, let's see if he can close the deal and win a SB in the FO.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for the record - ANOTHER year went by when they did NOT draft a center, guard, tight end, running back, linebacker, safety, or kicker in the 1st round of the draft.
MAYBE one year, people will stop thinking that they will.
So DE, DT, WR, QB, CB, OT

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, the Eagles didn't have enough wide receivers yet.
They signed Arizona QB Khalil Tate but he will play WR - like Greg Ward.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we still have the 4th or 5th most cap space left ... now that the draft is over, I wonder if they dip back into the market to try and get some value. I would like them to take a look at DE Everson Griffen ... he's 32, but been ultra productive for a long time. As a rotational End I think he would be the type of value add at this point for the Birds. May want to kick tires on Clowney as well ... if we can get him on a one year deal for 15 mil or so it would make this Line dominant!

Fly Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey Clement is back...hooray and the talk is another FA RB. Rumor...Carlos Hyde.