• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Draft Grades 2020

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's some good stuff from one of the good, up and coming Eagles content guys around; his name is Liam Jenkins, give him a follow. Some good film on WR Jalen Reagor.

I like this guy. “He did three SAUCY things” lol.

That analysis really highlights well. If you think he can’t catch a ball due to the numbers you can see here how utterly bad the QB was.

We have a QB that can put the ball anywhere. This kid has the skills to go get it.

Reactions: Rey

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good pre draft piece on Jalen Hurts

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just can't stop watching highlights of un-drafted rookie free agent Adrian Killins. I think with rosters increased by two players in 2020 there's a chance this kid can make it. I'd be more excited about him if we never had Donnel Pumphrey ... but I think he's more Tavon Austin than Pumphrey. At his size he'll never be a full time player obviously, but he's a kid that can hit you with a big play from so many positions ... wheel route, in the slot, kick or punt return, draws etc.. etc..

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just can't stop watching highlights of un-drafted rookie free agent Adrian Killins. I think with rosters increased by two players in 2020 there's a chance this kid can make it. I'd be more excited about him if we never had Donnel Pumphrey ... but I think he's more Tavon Austin than Pumphrey. At his size he'll never be a full time player obviously, but he's a kid that can hit you with a big play from so many positions ... wheel route, in the slot, kick or punt return, draws etc.. etc..

Being local (and fuck all the haters...UCFs offense is fun to watch, no matter the Conference) I have seen a good bit of this kid.

He always reminded me of Sproles. Versatile, can attack from many positions, fast and shifty, and hard to easily bring down one on one.

He’s not that ground pounder we wanted to compliment the RB room (Warren would fit that better). But I wonder if they can resist such a wild card in open space. It will be very interesting to see how the RB depth chart lines out.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JS

95032127_118427276507402_2748636528065380352_n.jpg

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good pre draft piece on Jalen Hurts

I really like Orlovskys analysis. That was a good bit of work on Hurts’ game.

And FWIW Kiper had him going 49 to Pitt. He was there at 53. Maybe a small trade down to 58-70 range and he still would have been there. But there was no assurance. And that compensation to move down might not have been there.

I get it. Some will be pissed about this for years to come. Some view it that you could have looked back up QB later and taken a bigger need in Round 2. But could you....get a decent QB prospect later in the draft.....this year?

I admit I was pretty pissed at first. But I’m not pissed anymore. Having a solid backup is easily Top 10 depth position in the NFL....especially when you have a daring, balls out franchise QB. And to have an asset you can scheme with to boot was a good plan. He could be used a lot like Taysom Hill, or year one Lamar Jackson.

One things for sure...I know a few Eagles posters that will now just replace Foles with Hurts in their never ending Wentz hate. At a minimal....thanks for that Howie.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both will now be linked their entire career. I would have been just as happy with either. The “catchable targets” stat is pretty much useless at the college level.

One guy had Joe Burrow throwing to him. The other had a guy that throws about as well as a younger me.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Orlovskys analysis. That was a good bit of work on Hurts’ game.

And FWIW Kiper had him going 49 to Pitt. He was there at 53. Maybe a small trade down to 58-70 range and he still would have been there. But there was no assurance. And that compensation to move down might not have been there.

I get it. Some will be pissed about this for years to come. Some view it that you could have looked back up QB later and taken a bigger need in Round 2. But could you....get a decent QB prospect later in the draft.....this year?

I admit I was pretty pissed at first. But I’m not pissed anymore. Having a solid backup is easily Top 10 depth position in the NFL....especially when you have a daring, balls out franchise QB. And to have an asset you can scheme with to boot was a good plan. He could be used a lot like Taysom Hill, or year one Lamar Jackson.

One things for sure...I know a few Eagles posters that will now just replace Foles with Hurts in their never ending Wentz hate. At a minimal....thanks for that Howie.
Hurts played at a big time school!
Wentz played against weenies!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both will now be linked their entire career. I would have been just as happy with either. The “catchable targets” stat is pretty much useless at the college level.

One guy had Joe Burrow throwing to him. The other had a guy that throws about as well as a younger me.
This will be put to bed pretty quick. Jefferson cannot replace Diggs and will be a disappointment that has no effect on the Vikings ability to win. Reagor will be flying all over the field for an elite passing attack and defenders all over the league will be hearing about his speed.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. They can have two more game day active players this year as long as one is an OL, so they must have 8 OL active on game day. The last couple years they had Vaitai/Dillard and an interior guy (Warmack/Opeta/Pryor) as the other guy. With losing Vaitai and Peters, I think it is promote from within with Dillard starting, Opeta and Pryor on the interior and Mailata as the favorite for the swing tackle. Then they put the two draft picks as the non active guys that are essentially slated to spend a year or two learning.
2. I think the Eagles intend to use the other additional roster spot at WR and keep 7 guys. They are determined never to find themselves where they were last year after Jackson was hurt with no deep threat. They believe in Wentz's arm and believe the way to maximize his value is to have legitimate deep threats to go with Ertz, Goedert and Ward underneath. So all the new acquisitions at WR could find themselves on the roster and active and getting a rotation of fast players onto the field and more importantly still having the capability when injuries hit.
3. Jalen Hurts. The Eagles have routinely invested in the backup QB and this is no different except that they spent a draft pick rather than cap space. I find Hurts to be a unique multiple threat. First he can legitimately be the backup. Second, he can be used as an all purpose offensive weapon. Third, he also has a good chance of being valuable enough to recoup a pick if he leaves in 4 years. I love his resume. Big and Durable. Legit Run Threat. Graduated in three years. Started as a freshman at Alabama. Endured a benching with class. Transferred to a big time school and won the job and succeeded again. This is a guy that has been through the fire and shown competitiveness and class. Just from that perspective I think he is more proven than several of the pampered quarterbacks drafted before him. I like his fight.

Last year two things kept this offense from succeeding. One was the DJAX injury and the other was the Wentz injury in the playoffs. They effectively addressed both.

Reactions: Rey

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that has been brought up lately after the Wentz interview that I hadn't really thought about previously is the concussion worry with him. I think last year's concussion hit home in that it worried Carson who stated "you only have one brain" and the Eagles worry that another one may have Carson rethinking his future in the sport. Just recently married and with a newborn the Eagles may have gotten the sense that Carson may not be in it for the long run if he suffers another bad concussion like he did this past season. The Hurts pick may have been just as much possible "replacement" as backup / 3-5 play RPO pick.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree. Just like Luck, and Kuechly, aftger several years making millions, they have enough money to live comfortably for the rest of their lives, and can enjoy their lives. Can't blame them, football is a collision sport, which is great for the fans, but not so much for the players.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we did a really nice job of filling needs with solid picks "after" the Jalen Hurts pick. We picked solid value in Taylor and Wallace at Safety and LB ... we got excellent value at WR by adding 3 speed guys aside from Reagor and imo got phenomenal value at OT in Price Tega whom many are calling as one of the steals of the draft ... plus we got my boy RB Michael Warren in the rookie free agency pool. What need did we really leave on the table that we can't do without because of the Jalen Hurts pick? Maybe a CB with size? ok ... but CB is such a hard position to hit on after Rd 1. Even in Rd 1 they are really hit or miss much more than other positions.

I remember reading a few years ago that corners from the big time schools have it really easy and just don’t have the responsibility that they have in the pros. Who knows but damn they are hard to land.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There definitely seems to be some online speculation that Wentz could pull a Luck and retire if he keeps getting hurt. Not sure why.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that has been brought up lately after the Wentz interview that I hadn't really thought about previously is the concussion worry with him. I think last year's concussion hit home in that it worried Carson who stated "you only have one brain" and the Eagles worry that another one may have Carson rethinking his future in the sport. Just recently married and with a newborn the Eagles may have gotten the sense that Carson may not be in it for the long run if he suffers another bad concussion like he did this past season. The Hurts pick may have been just as much possible "replacement" as backup / 3-5 play RPO pick.
Rey, he's a real backup QB. 2nd round picks can be used for that. The Patriots did just that and won two Super Bowls during that time frame.

Instead of being fucked if something happens to Wentz, now we aren't. The team can move forward. It doesn't have to have anything to do with Wentz AND IT STILL MAKES PERFECT MOTHER FUCKING SENSE.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There definitely seems to be some online speculation that Wentz could pull a Luck and retire if he keeps getting hurt. Not sure why.

I mean....maybe it’s just blathering by people, but it does pass the sniff test. We used to not have to think about this before a guy was on the backside physically.

But the combination of more knowledge on what this sport does to you, combined with higher salaries changes the calculus for a lot of these guys. The smart ones anyway, like Luck and Kuechley are (and I get the feel Carson is too).

It makes the Hurts pick feel a little better to me. Just in case. Otherwise you do your job and he gets some changes to show his stuff at points and if it all works out you could (maybe) get your second rounder back. Even if it’s a third or fourth back it’s not a bad price for the insurance in the meantime