• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Declined Nick Foles Trade for Browns 35th pick This Last Draft

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manster you are just gonna in circles with him with that question.

Ask him how many year Mayfield is contractually under clev. control. :thumb:

I answered it. He’s actually under their control for 7 years if he wants to keep playing football.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See 5 year Contract.

Nope. Its a 4 year contract that 3 years down the road can be kept at 4 years or CHANGED to 5 years. As it was explained to you and that a 4 year contract with a team OPTION of 5 years doesnt make it a 5 year contract.

Browns' Baker Mayfield signs his 4-year rookie contract worth $32.68 million - cleveland.com

I am confused as why you cant understand an option year doesnt make it a 5 year contract after I showed you proof from an elite NFL agent.
They have his rights for 5 years. They sign a four year contract.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I answered it. He’s actually under their control for 7 years if he wants to keep playing football.

Teams can only Franchise Tag ONE player per season,.

Mayfield and Ward will both hit year 6 together unless one signs before then, therefore your year counterpoint is trashed.

Let me add teams try to avoid the FT.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Its a 4 year contract that 3 years down the road can be kept at 4 years or CHANGED to 5 years. As it was explained to you and that a 4 year contract with a team OPTION of 5 years doesnt make it a 5 year contract.

Browns' Baker Mayfield signs his 4-year rookie contract worth $32.68 million - cleveland.com

I am confused as why you cant understand an option year doesnt make it a 5 year contract after I showed you proof from an elite NFL agent.
How many years does Cleveland hold his rights?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many years does Cleveland hold his rights?

For 5 years but as Bus Cook explained to you a year option DOESNT make it a 5 year contract. Why dont you just accept this. They have the players rights for 5 years. If you said the Cowboys can keep their first round pick for 5 years and no one will take issue with it. But, like Schmoopy said, "Technically its a 4 year contract"

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams can only Franchise Tag ONE player per season,.

Mayfield and Ward will both hit year 6 together unless one signs before then, therefore your year counterpoint is trashed.

Let me add teams try to avoid the FT.

Counterpoint is not trashed. THey still can have the rights to either one they choose for 7 years. Doesnt matter if teams try to avoid the FT. Thats irrelevant, Also who they can choose to tag for an extra two years is irrelevant. Doesnt mean they dont have the rights for up to 7 years if they so choose.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For 5 years but as Bus Cook explained to you a year option DOESNT make it a 5 year contract. Why dont you just accept this. They have the players rights for 5 years. If you said the Cowboys can keep their first round pick for 5 years and no one will take issue with it. But, like Schmoopy said, "Technically its a 4 year contract"

Buss didn't tell me a damn thing.

I'll agree players NEGOTIATE four years, but it's a five year contract.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Counterpoint is not trashed. THey still can have the rights to either one they choose for 7 years. Doesnt matter if teams try to avoid the FT. Thats irrelevant, Also who they can choose to tag for an extra two years is irrelevant. Doesnt mean they dont have the rights for up to 7 years if they so choose.
OK, but you said 1st round picks are under control for up to 7 years, but that's completely false.

1. Only 1 FT is allowed per year. Hell a guy drafted in 2019 2nd through 7th round will also be FT eligible.

2. Teams really don't like the FT.

3. The FT is a fiscal strain on the roster.

4. Players have learned to use the FT as leverage after Cousins skull fucked the Redskins by using the tag as guaranteed money.

5. Unlike the 5th year option. FT terms are not included in the rookie contract.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically that is the rookie portion of it. (1st 4 yrs)
5th the pay structure changes.
a contract doesnt exist without signatures.
So Technically the full contract is a 5 year contract. after the original signings, it takes zero signatures from the player to be committed to 5 years for that team. Without a new signature, there isnt a new contract. So if there is only one contract, that means he is committed to a 5 year contract to that team.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. I found something more entertaining to do. Got boring fighting with you so I watch zit popping videos on YouTube. Kind of reminds me of you anyway.

You also recently said Foles > Dak. So if Dallas gives Dak more then 80 million they must be getting ripped off according to you.

I'd pop your face like a zit, dum dum.

According to you, a 7-9 season means a QB is a future HOF'er and "phenomenal". Face it, you're a moron and everyone knows it.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all I’ve been saying since the very beginning. And props to you for being open minded even though you disagree with me on a lot of issues and that I’m an Eagles fan. The teams have the players rights for 5 years like you said. But the rookie signs a 4 year deal. On the contract it says that the team can later change the contract from 4 to 5 years. I’m sure the contract also has wording on being “tagged”. So since that’s in the contract too 4+1+1+1 equals 7. So the team actually can have the players rights for 7 years. Should we call it a 7 year deal?

It's still a 5 year deal, dummy.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

False

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but you said 1st round picks are under control for up to 7 years, but that's completely false.

1. Only 1 FT is allowed per year. Hell a guy drafted in 2019 2nd through 7th round will also be FT eligible.

2. Teams really don't like the FT.

3. The FT is a fiscal strain on the roster.

4. Players have learned to use the FT as leverage after Cousins skull fucked the Redskins by using the tag as guaranteed money.

5. Unlike the 5th year option. FT terms are not included in the rookie contract.

What do all your points have to do with anything. You’re just rambling and none of this meandering diatribe has anything to do with my point and franchising option has to be part of the contractual verbiage.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically that is the rookie portion of it. (1st 4 yrs)
5th the pay structure changes.
a contract doesnt exist without signatures.
So Technically the full contract is a 5 year contract. after the original signings, it takes zero signatures from the player to be committed to 5 years for that team. Without a new signature, there isnt a new contract. So if there is only one contract, that means he is committed to a 5 year contract to that team.

He is not committed to 5 years if the team doesn’t extend the 4 year contract. It has to be changed from 4 to 5 for it to be a 5 year contract.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buss didn't tell me a damn thing.

I'll agree players NEGOTIATE four years, but it's a five year contract.

I showed you the email and he specifically said a 5th year option doesn’t make it a 5 year contract. Well actually SteelersPride showed you the email and also verified the email addy.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I showed you the email and he specifically said a 5th year option doesn’t make it a 5 year contract. Well actually SteelersPride showed you the email and also verified the email addy.

that email wasn't real. The "reply" to the fake email was BEFORE you even sent it. You got caught fabricating a bullshit lie to cover your lack of knowledge. Total ass clown and you were outed. lol

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not committed to 5 years if the team doesn’t extend the 4 year contract. It has to be changed from 4 to 5 for it to be a 5 year contract.

Wrong. The player is committed to 5 years the team isn't. Facts are the teams aren't even committed to four years.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do all your points have to do with anything. You’re just rambling and none of this meandering diatribe has anything to do with my point and franchising option has to be part of the contractual verbiage.

Those points are to show you the FT isn't the same as the 5th year option.

Take Dallas with Cooper and Jones. Both are set to play on their 5th year option ( not a new contract ) and are both eligible to be franchise tagged next season. Mow can Dallas simply tag both and keep them without their say so?