• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles' Brandon Graham gets 3/40

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL salary cap rises to $188.2 million for 2019, the sixth straight year with a $10 million increase

It's 188.2 plus the 6 mil carry over from 2018 ... the Eagles Cap # this year will be 194.2. I completely understand that extra will be kept in reserve. There's still no issue with the cap. Where exactly are we lacking all this depth as compared to any other team?

Sorry I missed an 8. $188.2

What's Graham going to cost?

The depth is almost the entire team.

Hell a majority of Eagle fans kept telling us all year how it was the injuries that kept them from repeating. Thus no one to step up.

So how will Philly address the loss of their vets with limited cap $?
When will the pay Wentz?
How exactly are they going to be stronger or even the same level of talent?
Golden Tate, Mike Wallace, Haloti Ngata, Chance Warmack, Chris Long, Chris Maragos, Corey Graham, Darren Sproles, Ronald Darby, Paul Worrilow, Richard Rodgers, LaRoy Reynolds, Jordan Matthews, Jordan Hicks, Cre’Von LeBlanc, Jay Ajayi, D.J. Alexander.

Teddyg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I’m saying is eagles don’t have flexibility due to salary cap to make any big FA moves. While Howie has shown he can wheel and deal with best of them, what he hasn’t shown is ability to draft well, if they don’t come out of this draft without say 3 starters I believe they take a big step back next year...

Teddyg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need depth on OL and new starters, 4/5 of their line has question marks, need WR, RB, secondary and DL...lot to be addressed in an off-season without having cap resources to use....

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woohoo! Took a discount to stay home.

Love Brandon Graham.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need depth on OL and new starters, 4/5 of their line has question marks, need WR, RB, secondary and DL...lot to be addressed in an off-season without having cap resources to use....
Watch how easily the Eagles maneuver.:nod:

Just like the last two off-seasons of "no cap space.":nod:

:nod:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I’m saying is eagles don’t have flexibility due to salary cap to make any big FA moves. While Howie has shown he can wheel and deal with best of them, what he hasn’t shown is ability to draft well, if they don’t come out of this draft without say 3 starters I believe they take a big step back next year...
They already signed one of the best Dlineman on the market.

So that's already one big move. Even though you said they can't make any. Hmmmm...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THis should make for an interesting list of restructuring. By my finger-math they should only have about $6M cap space after letting Folk walk. $13M is gonna be hard to fit, unless it is deferred to future yeas.
They made 6m in space just by redoing one of the safeties.

Someday maybe some of you will catch on that the cap is rather irrelevant.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles will be the only big loss we won't be able to fill adequately. As far as cap room ... we don't have a problem and the players who will be released to open cap space won't be difficult to replace. The cap is likely to be set around 191 mil and the Eagles have 6 mil of carryover from the 2018 season, so their number should be around 197 mil. Prior to the Brandon Graham signing we were around 6 mil under the cap, but the Graham signing will nullify that extra space. The average per season for Graham's new contract is around 13 mil, however Roseman contracts are usually low cap hits year one, so it's likely the Graham cap hit will be around 5 or 6 mil for 2019. Not picking up DT Tim Jernigan's option will open up an immediate 7 million in cap space and trading or releasing WR Nelson Agholor will open up 9.3 million. Jernigan is a very solid interior Lineman, but this draft is packed with really good DLinemen and it will be addressed with one of our 1st or or two 2nd round picks. Nelson Agholor is "not" a huge loss, he can only play the slot and aside from a big play here or there is very inconsistent. His production can be replaced by resigning Jordan Matthews at a much cheaper price. Matthews was actually more productive than Agholor in his first go round as the Eagles slot receiver and can be resigned for around 2 mil (Wentz actually prefers throwing to him over Agholor). On top of that it's an insanely deep WR class ... arguably one of the best I can remember and I've been following the draft for over 25 years, so I'm sure we'll pluck a player or two in this draft.

To sum up cap space: The Jernigan and Agholor savings opens up 16.3 after being flush with the Brandon Graham signing. Resigning WR Jordan Matthews (already in the works from what I've heard) would eat up around 2 mil so it drops us down to 14.3. The projected Cap space needed to draft for the Eagles is roughly 7 million, so that drops us to 7.3 million. The only other area of concern is MLB where Jordan Hicks is set to be a free agent ... however, despite being a very good player, he has been an injury concern since being drafted, There's a very good chance the Eagles can re-sign him to a cap friendly deal. I can go on to explain how we will more than likely open up more cap space before it's all said and done (i.e. Chris Long retire (over 5 mil) or release (3.5 mil) ... Malcolm Jenkins restructure (another 3-5 mil) ... but I'm sure you get the point. The Eagles don't have a cap problem and they are not losing anything they can't adequately replace in 2019 aside from a legend of a backup QB.
This post is too smart for the lightweights here. Patriots and cowboys fans continue to reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell a majority of Eagle fans kept telling us all year how it was the injuries that kept them from repeating. Thus no one to step up.

When will the pay Wentz?
Golden Tate, Mike Wallace, Haloti Ngata, Chance Warmack, Chris Long, Chris Maragos, Corey Graham, Darren Sproles, Ronald Darby, Paul Worrilow, Richard Rodgers, LaRoy Reynolds, Jordan Matthews, Jordan Hicks, Cre’Von LeBlanc, Jay Ajayi, D.J. Alexander.
Lol half of those guys were hurt most the season or barely played. Clearly your cluelessness controls you.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When will the pay Wentz?

Matthews and Hicks are very likely to be resigned as detailed in my earlier post. Worrilow has already been resigned. Le'Blanc is still under contract. Ajayi will be replaced via the draft ... RB is the easiest position to replace with a rookie. Long's play will actually be upgraded by the return of a healthy Derek Barnett. Darby will be replaced by a healthy Jalen Mills. Golden Tate really wasn't a big part in the Offense aside from one important TD catch ... no big loss. Wallace was injured all year ... loss won't be felt. The rest of the names are inconsequential or irrelevant. Sproles' contributions weren't anything special at this point in his career.

As far as paying Wentz ... Peters' Salary comes off the books in 2020 as likely will Michael Bennett's (9 mill) as will Wisniewski ... there's always ways to work the cap; every year there's a bunch of changing/moving parts.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles won’t be players in FA, they don’t have the cap space. Currently they have under $200k before the resigning of Graham....moving on from Jernigan does save them $7mil, but they will also need that amount in their rookie pool...I don’t think they will restructure Jenkins as this will only increase his cap hit next year which is over $10mil and he is 31...Howie will get creative but expect maybe 1-2 bottom tier FA signings
Also expect them to retain their best Free agent. Yup yup.
That was easy.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was the top guy in FA that I wanted for SF.
Yeah this is a huge get for the Eagles. You obviously know what you're talking about. Separating you from the Patriots and Cowboys fans in this thread.
:clap:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good on backup QB ... DT in Rd 1 at 25 (loaded Draft at DT), WR Rd 2 (also loaded at the position and we have 2 2nds) or FA WR John Brown (probably 3-4 mil).
You do realize Sudfeld is a RFA don't you? Are you sure Philly is set at back up? Especially given Wentz inability to stay healthy?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woohoo! Took a discount to stay home.

Love Brandon Graham.

That's $10M per sack he had last seasons.

Not sure it was a discount. What are the details? How much guarenteed?
The 10 highest paid defensive ends will make an average of $14.2 million next season. The 10th highest-paid (Vikings' Everson Griffen) will earn $10.92 million.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol half of those guys were hurt most the season or barely played. Clearly your cluelessness controls you.
The point still stands you need to pay someone with at least as much talent to break even. Drunk on Howie juice again I see.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthews and Hicks are very likely to be resigned as detailed in my earlier post. Worrilow has already been resigned. Le'Blanc is still under contract. Ajayi will be replaced via the draft ... RB is the easiest position to replace with a rookie. Long's play will actually be upgraded by the return of a healthy Derek Barnett. Darby will be replaced by a healthy Jalen Mills. Golden Tate really wasn't a big part in the Offense aside from one important TD catch ... no big loss. Wallace was injured all year ... loss won't be felt. The rest of the names are inconsequential or irrelevant. Sproles' contributions weren't anything special at this point in his career.

As far as paying Wentz ... Peters' Salary comes off the books in 2020 as likely will Michael Bennett's (9 mill) as will Wisniewski ... there's always ways to work the cap; every year there's a bunch of changing/moving parts.

That briefs well but you know it's BS you don't just replace guys like Long who had one of his best years in recent years. Even as a situational player like he was in NE you can't just replace his expirence. As with others you mentioned.

Yes keep pushing the Wentz can down the road and watch it bite you.

Did you answer how much might Sudfeld cost as a RFA? Or is he easily replaceable as well?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cap is likely to be set around 191 mil

It is $188 mil.

To say the Eagles don’t have cap issues is blind homerism.

Cap aside, the Foles issue is the bigger problem. The team is willing to lose a clutch, SB winning QB, in his prime, for a QB who hasn’t made it past week 13 the past 2 years.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That briefs well but you know it's BS you don't just replace guys like Long who had one of his best years in recent years. Even as a situational player like he was in NE you can't just replace his expirence. As with others you mentioned.

Yes keep pushing the Wentz can down the road and watch it bite you.

Did you answer how much might Sudfeld cost as a RFA? Or is he easily replaceable as well?

Bro ... I get that you're grasping to try and save face by resorting to arguing about our backup QB, lol ... it's all good though. Long's production will be replaced by Derek Barnett who was a first round pick and looked damn good in his 2nd season before getting hurt. He's 100% healthy and ready to pick off where he left off. Great vs the run and gives you the same thing Long did as a pass rusher. Not worried about friggin Nate Sudfeld; Foles was an exception ... usually if you lose your starting QB you're in trouble.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is $188 mil.

To say the Eagles don’t have cap issues is blind homerism.

Cap aside, the Foles issue is the bigger problem. The team is willing to lose a clutch, SB winning QB, in his prime, for a QB who hasn’t made it past week 13 the past 2 years.

All explained above in a long post and later in other posts ...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro ... I get that you're grasping to try and save face by resorting to arguing about our backup QB, lol ... it's all good though. Long's production will be replaced by Derek Barnett who was a first round pick and looked damn good in his 2nd season before getting hurt. He's 100% healthy and ready to pick off where he left off. Great vs the run and gives you the same thing Long did as a pass rusher. Not worried about friggin Nate Sudfeld; Foles was an exception ... usually if you lose your starting QB you're in trouble.

I get it. We've heard your spin. Let me know if I have it right?

Only Philly fans believe there is no cap issue.

Of the 17 or so FAs all are dog shit and will easily be replaced?

Though we don't have a back up QB it's not an issue.

Teams can continue to push the cap can down the road with no effect.

Graham took a discount even though we don't know the details and it's in line with the top DEs.

How did I do?

Oh and before you tell me team chemistry and quality vet presence don't matter either I just leave that right here.

Enjoy the Howie juice.