• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles at Titans

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not blaming Schwartz for everything, but what has happened to Hicks! I hardly saw him all day.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no excuse why wentz is throwing the ball 50 times in his 2nd game back, with an o-line struggling to protect. at this pace, how long before he gets injured again?

feels funny to say but they missed Clement big time this week. smallwood just isn't good and Clement was reason they felt ok letting blount walk. rb spot is a huge concern right now only 2nd to CB. sproles is done imo and watching him week 1 it was clear he has nothing left

pipe dream to get Bell but they need to address position soon RB and CB two biggest holes by far

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feels funny to say but they missed Clement big time this week. smallwood just isn't good and Clement was reason they felt ok letting blount walk. rb spot is a huge concern right now only 2nd to CB. sproles is done imo and watching him week 1 it was clear he has nothing left

pipe dream to get Bell but they need to address position soon RB and CB two biggest holes by far

RB is a distant 2nd to CB. Ajayi is just fine. Mills has been absolutely horrendous.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the heck was with all the drops today??? Must have had 5 or 6 ... I remember Agholor having 3 or so himself. Protection today was also bad ... Carson I though had a good 2nd game back, but he needs people around him helping him. Our 2ndary is not good ... I think a lot of it falls on the DC ... just too much cushion on the receivers. Corey Davis is their only legit guy on Offense and we let him have a career day.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.....that sucked. But I think we deserved that’s. Even if the Titans had to climb through hell to win it....and get a little help from the refs on one of the 4th downs (which will happen).

There is a sloppiness. I still feel it’s all with the injuries. I felt last year that the way they plowed right through injuries was a once in a lifetime thing. Missing so many key guys up front to start the year and getting them all back and knocking the rust off can do this.

That of course really doesn’t explain the DBs and Oline....who have just been duds.

We are supposed to take a two TD lead and win a game with this team.

Big gut check next week. It’s very early to say this....but I really think they are at a cross roads. They need some of the vets to put together one of those asskicker meetings and get this moving right. Next week. Thank God we are at home for that one.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 losses snatched from the clutches of wins

Yesterday PSU and today the Eagles

fucking weekend ruined
I was waiting for one of you PSU guys to post something. Brutal weekend for you. The Eagles loss stung, but Saturday night I was crazy watching the game at Philly Airport. Great game and good luck to your Lions the rest of the way. James Franklin shit his pants on the biggest stage of the season.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the heck was with all the drops today??? Must have had 5 or 6 ... I remember Agholor having 3 or so himself. Protection today was also bad ... Carson I though had a good 2nd game back, but he needs people around him helping him. Our 2ndary is not good ... I think a lot of it falls on the DC ... just too much cushion on the receivers. Corey Davis is their only legit guy on Offense and we let him have a career day.

This right here. I was screaming at the TV all game long because our corners are so far off the ball! They need to try Mills at Safety or something because he isn't cutting it on the outside anymore. He simply does not have the speed to make up when guys get by him.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This right here. I was screaming at the TV all game long because our corners are so far off the ball! They need to try Mills at Safety or something because he isn't cutting it on the outside anymore. He simply does not have the speed to make up when guys get by him.

I see it quite simply....the cover shell is not working with this personnel. It requires the front four to get to the QB. If they do not it stresses the secondary (playing off the ball in the shell) to make a play. And....aside from Jones (and at times Darby, as long as he doesn’t have to tackle) we do not have the personnel to do it.

There needs to be adjustment and DC needs to be called out on this. Your scheme is not working. If it’s allowed to continue it just smacks of arrogance to the scheme.

At least Andy got me used to this for years....but it doesn’t mean I like it.

No panic yet. But that is where the defense can possibly make the best inprovement.....in the scheme.

The offense....they just need some health and consistency perhaps. To be able to mix it up more. The Oline was not a supreme world beater last year. They just had personnel to mix things up and give Carson more options when under fire. Don’t forget he was under a lot of fire last year too. He just had two full on knees and more options to play the ball to.

Offense should improve as time goes on. Defense will need to find a way to scheme to win.

Or....I don’t know....bust out a big pick for ET. I’m more in favor of that move after yesterday.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pederson lost his mojo when Reich left.
Schwartz defense must be on vacation.
My prediction prior to the season was 8-8 maybe 9-7. Perhaps I was right. I didn't like what I saw then and it's no better yet.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.....that sucked. But I think we deserved that’s. Even if the Titans had to climb through hell to win it....and get a little help from the refs on one of the 4th downs (which will happen).

There is a sloppiness. I still feel it’s all with the injuries. I felt last year that the way they plowed right through injuries was a once in a lifetime thing. Missing so many key guys up front to start the year and getting them all back and knocking the rust off can do this.

That of course really doesn’t explain the DBs and Oline....who have just been duds.

We are supposed to take a two TD lead and win a game with this team.

Big gut check next week. It’s very early to say this....but I really think they are at a cross roads. They need some of the vets to put together one of those asskicker meetings and get this moving right. Next week. Thank God we are at home for that one.

Oh wait....nevermind on ET. I was not up on the news.

Good thing we didn’t spend a pick last week. Lol

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had no choice but to throw it away..... Everyone was in the end zone. Better to throw it away instead of forcing a throw.

I did not see the replays but we only needed 3 yards

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not see the replays but we only needed 3 yards

Exactly but it is not his fault that all the routes went into the end zone and there was no one open.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No excuses. Now what? I think that Doug misses his OC and QB coach. I like him a lot but I'm wondering if he is in over his head.

Yeah, what worked at home in the 2 Atlanta games and the Indy game did not work on the road. I agree we got hurt with departure of our coaches.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, what worked at home in the 2 Atlanta games and the Indy game did not work on the road. I agree we got hurt with departure of our coaches.

It was a stop on 4th and 15. It was a borderline PI call on 4th and 4. It was that thin between this being the loss it was and the wins that Atlanta and Indy were.

The bigger issue overall is that we keep getting into these "down to the wire" games. If this keeps up we slide closer to .500 this year (or slightly worse possibly).

I often wondered how much Reich contributed.....while it is early I think we are seeing there was contribution. I am tempted to say Reich >>>> Groh.

However....it struck me this morning that the offensive struggles being seen look awfully similar to most of 2016. Doug's first year. But more importantly Dougs first year with Reich as OC. I think there was challenges in communicating (most often the biggest reason for such struggles). By 2017 they figured it out and were humming along. On the same page.

Maybe Doug and Groh just need that seasoning time to get on the same page. It would explain why there would be a 3rd and 3 in the rezone (and not 3rd and Goal) and no one was at the marker to flip to 1st and Goal on completion.

We get that 1st and then get it in we walk out of there. We didn't and then the defense did their part to let the Titans walk off a winner.

As long as things are going to be this tight game in and game out these little things (ultimately fixable) are going to kill us.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking this on the replay during the game. Nobody in front of him and he just stands there. Should have been an easy PBU and game over

Yeah. I’m willing to accept that the Titans are scrappy good.

I’m willing to accept a lot about this game. But I can’t accept that play. We were out there.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

huh?

It was not a block to the back - Titan defender blocked him on the side
And it certainly wasn't "egregious"

eagles1.jpg

I do not normally complain about refs calls
To me there are enough other plays in the game that are controlled by the players themselves that if you add them up nullify any bad calls by refs. Eagles had plenty of opportunityto win this game despite any perceived bad ref calls

If the situation was reversed and an Eagles player hit a Titan player like the above shot and the Eagles player was flagged for a block in the back everyone on here would be screaming bloody murder

The PI on Mills was ticky tack - that probably should not have been called

But the above was not a block in the back and the PI call on Jenkins was a legit PI call. Jenkins grabbed him before the ball was there.

Eagles lost this game not because of the refs but because of their sloppy piss poor play and coaching