• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles at Falcons - Sunday Night Game 2

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for game 2. Very excited about this Offense moving forward ... DJax's week 1 performance will open up all kinds of possibilities underneath for rest of the team as coaches now have to adjust their Defenses for that deep connection between Jackson and Wentz. Our running game this season is also much better than last year's crew ... Jordan Howard showed very well game 1 and the rook Miles Sanders played better than his stat line. He had a 20+ yard TD nullified due to a phantom flop penalty; still, it does not take away from the impressive run we saw from Miles. He also played surprisingly well in pass protection on several plays, that will keep him on the field. Sproles also showed that he still has plenty of juice, but we can't give him that many touches per game and expect his 36 year old body to hold up an entire season. I fully expect to see much more of Sanders and Howard in this game. The OL played great game 1 ... Ike Seumalo has really improved; hopefully this crew can stay healthy to keep protecting Wentz like they did game 1.

Defensively we need to do much better ... Malik Jackson's injury is a big one, but we have pieces we can move around. Jernigan will start in his place and I think DE Vinny Curry can be shifted inside to provide pressure. Daeshon Hall who had an excellent preseason should be activated to replace Curry's snaps at End if Curry is given more snaps at DT. Our 2ndary needs to play much better than it did game one against Washington .... otherwise we're going to get torched by Matt Ryan, Julio and company. Fletcher Cox should be much more ready to go now that he had a full game of action under his belt.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice analysis Rey, I like the Vinny Curry idea inside with Hall coming in. Cox has a toe injury not sure what that means. Offenses dictate and defenses react, i think the fact that the secondary had no preseason time or practice against other teams to work on communication back there caused issues and that is understandable. Let's hope it gets better fast as you say! Hopefully the ATL OL is porous and we get plenty of pressure. Our recent matchups have been very low scoring I believe.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read, Rey!

I always like to read up on what the other teams homer reports think about the game. Good read here too.

Eagles vs. Falcons Game Preview: Five questions and answers with the enemy

I think this is key #1 to the win....win the D-line vs O-line match-up. No doubt Julio and his other receivers will damage us no matter what....but minimize elsewhere. Pointed out well here was a big factor in the last few meetings....we shut down their run game. Then we got pressure with the front line and knocked Ryan around and into some mistakes.

Key #2 will be our run offense mixing it up effectively. They apparently can be run around, as opposed to run through. A solid dose of successful run game keep time of possession with us and keeps that Falcon passing O off the field. Obviously we should be able to pass it well against them too. If we can do all this on offense and manage 3rd downs anywhere near as well as we did last week we stand a chance.

Both teams should be able to pass....it will be all the other facets that make the game. And I like all of our other facets much better than the Falcons. I feel so tempted to follow the trend of the last few matchups (expected to be high scoring...were not)....but I am going to resist.

I will call it 31-26 Eagles.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st prediction (I may change this on Sunday):
Eagles-38
falcoons- 27

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at this game from the Falcon side of the fence.

ATL OL vs PHI front 7....PHI has the edge even without Jackson. The ATL OL looked terrible in preseason and they looked terrible in week 1. Rookie RT, lost the starting RG (another rookie) in week 1...and the LG is kinda suspect. Cox could have a field day if they don't clean their act quickly.

ATL DL vs PHI OL/weapons...I say slight edge to PHI, but this will be closer. The Falcons DEF gave up 28 last week, but actually played better than that score would indicate.

PHI is the more talented team imo, but beware of the desperate team at home...barring turnovers, I think this will be a FG game either way.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got down to Atlanta last night. Will be going to the game tomorrow night. I think there will be a decent Eagles fan presence at the game.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got down to Atlanta last night. Will be going to the game tomorrow night. I think there will be a decent Eagles fan presence at the game.

It should be very decent. There is a good base of birds fans in Atlanta like there is in FL.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very good for you. cheer loud! I'll be looking for you on TV. I think you'll be the one with eagles jersey on! ;)

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles 31
Falcons 30

Matt Ryan vs Carson Wentz. This is where Carson climbs the QB ladder. Head to head, it will be a 4th quarter drive that wins it. Falcons hate the Eagles, we beat them every year. They were probably looking ahead to this game which is why they got wrecked by the Vikings.

Julio goes for 10-150 like usual but Schwartz keeps him out of the endzone.

Should be a bunch of big offensive plays in this one.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles 31
Falcons 30

Matt Ryan vs Carson Wentz. This is where Carson climbs the QB ladder. Head to head, it will be a 4th quarter drive that wins it. Falcons hate the Eagles, we beat them every year. They were probably looking ahead to this game which is why they got wrecked by the Vikings.

Julio goes for 10-150 like usual but Schwartz keeps him out of the endzone.

Should be a bunch of big offensive plays in this one.

I’ve got both QBs and Julio going off in this one. I think it’s going to be close like you show and protecting the turnovers will be key as it always is between these two. If we just go by last week we protected the ball well and the Falcons were very sloppy. I’ll give the advantage there to us.

I still can’t shake the feeling this will be another Eagles Falcons game where the score is grossly lower than expected, strangely.

Prime time....let’s go!

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another slow start and early bad play calling for the birds

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well wentz is getting Ertz happy again...

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have been 2nd pick by Wentz. The dude has got to stop staring down his recievers.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We look like shyt

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His ribs probably bothering him after that hit. That's the only reason I see why that throw was so horrible

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugly game and Wentz is terrible so far. Our defense will be gassed out by half because of the offense stinks.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our 2ndary looks like pure garbage