• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

EA NHL 14 season simulation has the St. Louis Blues winning the Stanley Cup

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL 14 Season Sim | NHL® | EA SPORTS

I know it's just a video game but picking the Blues to win the Cup is a ballzy prediction IMO. I don't think there's a team in the league that is more due to win the Cup than the Blues. You could argue the Maple Leafs but the Leafs have won several Cups prior to the '67 expansion and have generally been a joke ever since. Out of all the teams added to the league in 1967 the Blues are the only remaining team that has never won the Cup in spite of generally being a very competitive team for much of their history; in fact, I believe the Blues made the SCF in each of their 1st 3 seasons of existence. Blues are no doubt a very talented, balanced, & well coached team but can they beat teams like the Blackhawks or Kings in a best of 7? Just some interesting tidbits, Blues last appearance in the conference finals was 2001 & their last SCF appearance was 1970, so predicting them to make the SCF & winning it really goes against recent trends.

So what do you guys think? Are the Blues a legit Stanley Cup threat or will they just follow the trends of recent history & disappoint yet again?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will also add that I totally agree with the simulation's predictions on the Hart, Art Ross, & Ted Lindsey. I won't tell you who it is but for those of you that know my posting history I'm sure you could guess :whistle:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a lot of posts and tweets last year that adding Brendan Morrow is a guaranteed cup, sooooo

I'd LOVE to see St Lou win a cup for a few reasons.
1) I like Hitch, and I would love there to be incontrovertible proof that Howson made a terrible, terrible mistake.
2) I love Brian Elliott and Jaro Halak
3) It means that JD and Jarmo's building blocks work.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a lot of posts and tweets last year that adding Brendan Morrow is a guaranteed cup, sooooo

I'd LOVE to see St Lou win a cup for a few reasons.
1) I like Hitch, and I would love there to be incontrovertible proof that Howson made a terrible, terrible mistake.
2) I love Brian Elliott and Jaro Halak
3) It means that JD and Jarmo's building blocks work.

Yeah they got a good mix of talent & coaching. I sort of wonder about Brendan Morrow tho. Blues are a speedy team and I wonder if he'll slow them down. I guess if they line him up with the right guys & use him in special situations it could work out tho. Just gotta make sure he's not asked to join the rush & they should be fine.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they got a good mix of talent & coaching. I sort of wonder about Brendan Morrow tho. Blues are a speedy team and I wonder if he'll slow them down. I guess if they line him up with the right guys & use him in special situations it could work out tho. Just gotta make sure he's not asked to join the rush & they should be fine.

Morrow's got a ton of heart. But he doesn't have much knees left.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morrow's got a ton of heart. But he doesn't have much knees left.

Yeah saw that last year. I'll admit he did good things for my Pens. Added toughness, great presence in front of the net, nice shooting ability. Just feels that when he's on the ice the transition game gets bogged down. That's why I was surprised the Blues took him , they seem to be a team that are at their best when in transition.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Blues are a very well balanced team...they lack star power, but if their goaltending stands up, they have a shot. They can't perform in the playoffs though.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as they do more complaining then playing the Blues will never win a cup. That and I think Backes is a terrible Capt.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Blues are a very well balanced team...they lack star power, but if their goaltending stands up, they have a shot. They can't perform in the playoffs though.

Yeah, a long history of playoff letdowns.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as they do more complaining then playing the Blues will never win a cup. That and I think Backes is a terrible Capt.

Gotta ask why do you think he's a bad captain?

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coincendentally, the hockey news has the blues winning the cup as well