• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

EA NCAA FOOTBALL returning!?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just played my first game yesterday. I jumped right into it, no practice (idiot)...started an online dynasty with a buddy. He took Georgia State and took Rice. Both one star programs. Only playing on All-American.
It is definitely way different than any Madden version.

I love the customization pre-play on offense or defense (ex: disguise coverages, a ton of hot routes). You have to find a good playbook or the game will be extremely difficult. There will definitely be a learning phase.
Nobody can tackle, it is very difficult to play defense ESPECIALLY with a one star program.
The revamped passing is different and will take some time, can't hold down the button too long or the QB will throw behind the WR every time.
I actually love the kicking, Madden was so easy. It's going to be a challenge making longer FG's but I am already used to it and it's fun.
Actually not too disappointed, started off 3-1. This game is going to keep me up at night, won't get much sleep for awhile LOL
Recruiting was a huge part of the NCAA 14 and I love how much detail they put into it.

I will say a couple things you need to improve and just make it a greater experience:

- find a playbook that suits you and your team. (I am using the UNLV playbook. They have unique formations, trick plays, options, reverse, jet touch passes and unique passing plays and formations that make any offense difficult to stop). There are only a defensive playbooks and I haven't found one that works yet but it depend on your opponent. It's extremely difficult to stop high-powered passing offenses. I struggled mightly against Houston but absolutely dominated Army. It will be a test.
- pre-play on offense and defense will also be a huge key, so if you do have some time fiddle around with it. Just after a couple hours playing I definitely have more of a feel for the game.

Locke888

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently that was in the update last night/this morning but if you're in an offline dynasty it won't have any effect
Gonna have to restart one and retest it.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna have to restart one and retest it.

I only started an offline dynasty to prevent server crashes from stopping me from playing but now I'm regretting it in year 3 as the FSU OC. But the ones with family and friends are cloud dynasties but haven't checked those today to see how it's affected it