• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

EA NCAA FOOTBALL returning!?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I am hearing a lot of a buzz that there is a chance the franchise returns???? Anyone else have info on this and if so, IF it does return how soon?

Heck if it was able to return for next year I wouldn't care if they put out Madden 18 engine with generic rosters and generic stadiums, just to get the game out.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recently read something about the NCAA considering allowing athletes profit from their images being used so I really hope so.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recently read something about the NCAA considering allowing athletes profit from their images being used so I really hope so.
The question with that will be does EA think they'll make enough money off the sale of the game to pay those players. I know many loved the NCAA football games, but I think in EA's minds it wasn't nearly the profit maker Madden was.

But Btw, if I were EA I would make ever player 6'10 and 300 lbs and all #1....So having zero likeness to the athlete, pay the schools for the licensing and then let the community edit the rosters.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question with that will be does EA think they'll make enough money off the sale of the game to pay those players. I know many loved the NCAA football games, but I think in EA's minds it wasn't nearly the profit maker Madden was.

But Btw, if I were EA I would make ever player 6'10 and 300 lbs and all #1....So having zero likeness to the athlete, pay the schools for the licensing and then let the community edit the rosters.
If the community edits the rosters then how does EA get people to buy the game again every year?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the community edits the rosters then how does EA get people to buy the game again every year?
buddy I would buy that game if it just had the teams and no players on the roster and I had to go and manually enter 72 players to each teams roster.

I've been playing NCAA 14 weekly since it came out. I need a new game.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there is actually some real traction now on this games return. The rumors are heating up!! If this game returned I may faint. Literally been playing NCAA 14 since it came out, it's the only game I play on a regular basis, its the only reason I still have my 360, which sounds like an industrial fan on high now.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I am hearing a lot of a buzz that there is a chance the franchise returns???? Anyone else have info on this and if so, IF it does return how soon?

Heck if it was able to return for next year I wouldn't care if they put out Madden 18 engine with generic rosters and generic stadiums, just to get the game out.
I feel like you’ve posted a version of this thread every year since it got the ax. I appreciate your enthusiasm though.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like you’ve posted a version of this thread every year since it got the ax. I appreciate your enthusiasm though.
Yeah but for the first time since it got the axe there is some real actual talk of it returning because of the court ruling.

I figure EA just needs to pay each school like a lump sum of something, and the school and divide that into the players tuitions/room and board/food, etc.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EA Already pays for the licensing, just add like $1,000 per school and wham. Their sales for this game will be through the roof. They'll have no problems in paying a little more to each school.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was by far my favorite sports game, I would love for it to come back, but I just don't see the NCAA caving on players making money off their likeness. Caving on that would start the downfall of all of NCAA's illegal labor schemes.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By adding the TRUCK STICK one year.

Then QB VISION the next.

And a myriad of other shit they can cram into one year, but stretch out for a fucking decade.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was by far my favorite sports game, I would love for it to come back, but I just don't see the NCAA caving on players making money off their likeness. Caving on that would start the downfall of all of NCAA's illegal labor schemes.
I think the easy way is to just pay schools a little more for the licensing agreement and then in turn that money given to the schools they put into the players scholarships, for food, lodging, books, etc. So they players are getting paid, but in terms of their education. Or simply give the players a few hundred bucks, quiet frankly it could be a good educational moment on money management for these athletes.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the easy way is to just pay schools a little more for the licensing agreement and then in turn that money given to the schools they put into the players scholarships, for food, lodging, books, etc. So they players are getting paid, but in terms of their education. Or simply give the players a few hundred bucks, quiet frankly it could be a good educational moment on money management for these athletes.

I think this would just be a new way for NCAA to bypass labor laws. Nowhere else can they deny you fair pay and dictate how you hand out the scraps. If they are getting paid for their likeness they should get the money.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still playing NCAA 14, so I am all in for a new one. The only thing is, if the game play is not run up by a separate division than what Madden uses, might as well keep it dead. Madden has become a pile of dung. NCAA was always better, more fun, and more innovative than Madden.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still playing NCAA 14, so I am all in for a new one. The only thing is, if the game play is not run up by a separate division than what Madden uses, might as well keep it dead. Madden has become a pile of dung. NCAA was always better, more fun, and more innovative than Madden.
At this point keep the same game engine as ncaa 14 for all I care. I just need updates graphics, uniforms, rosters, conferences, CFP playoffs, updated recent history of teams, (for instance taking over Florida in a new game would be much different then taking over Florida in NCAA 14)

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point keep the same game engine as ncaa 14 for all I care. I just need updates graphics, uniforms, rosters, conferences, CFP playoffs, updated recent history of teams, (for instance taking over Florida in a new game would be much different then taking over Florida in NCAA 14)

If they do, will they limit the Ducks jersey options to 10? 15?

I hope they bring the game back. My 360 is nearly crapped out and I'd rather play on the PS4 anyways.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love deeper dynasty. Play teams and make money, upgrade facilities and stadium, get offers to join bigger conferences, get into bidding wars over coaches. There is so much they can do to improve the game while leaving the engine the same.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already have some teams in Madden, I cant imagine it'll be that hard to make the actual game again, given they already have a select number of teams you can be in Madden.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never play a football game nowadays unless a miracle happens and 2k makes one again. I STILL play ESPN NFL 2k5. My goodness what an amazing game. Plus, there's a community that updates the rosters every year.

ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters - Operation Sports Forums

EA with their money hoarding can go fuck themselves. All they care about now are micro transactions; those virtual card packs as they turning kids into gamblers. It's a shame too because they made some classics with those street sports games ( which I still have too ).

NBA and NFL street volumes... What more do you need honestly.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already have some teams in Madden, I cant imagine it'll be that hard to make the actual game again, given they already have a select number of teams you can be in Madden.
If that is all they are going to do is repaint Madden, they can keep it off the shelf. NCAA always had things like: momentum meter, crowd impact, impact players and things that separated it from Madden in such a positive way. I hate Madden and don’t want to play a college version of it. The team used for NCAA football truly cared about the product, gameplay, authenticity, and pageantry. It totally showed in the final product.