• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

EA folds NCAA Football, Settles Lawsuit

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that means the last play to grace the cover of an EA NCAA Football game is a Michigan Man. :yahoo:

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if I have an extra copy (bought one and then got another as a gift), I should just hold onto that huh?

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,978.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like you may want to get your copy today. sounds like this series could be history

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want a copy, glad it's history. Hopefully someone who doesn't suck will pick up college games. Not necessarily the game sucks, I love playing NCAA football, it's all the years of buying the new game only to find out that most of the glitches are still there or if they managed to fix one, they added new ones. Little glitches I don't mind, it's the permanent ones that effect the game.

Remember how we use to throw the ball out to the running back and instead of staying in bounds and running, it would automatically run out of bounds? Well they finally fixed it, but in came new issues.

Has anyone got through an entire season with your starting QB, RB, AND WR not injured? I haven't. Never fails every year, QB or RB goes down for multiple weeks. Also the Heisman race....what's the deal with dominating every other player....being #1 in the race for weeks and weeks, only to lose come award time.....?

Last edited by a moderator:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will heavily miss this game, was the only game I bought regularly.....The only complaint I had with it was that the game became far too easy after about 3 games of practice. Defense doesn't adjust to uptempo HB Dive..i can get 6-12 yards a carry.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that Denard is the last one on the cover. I don't love that the game is going away. Every 5 years or so I bought the game again and it held off my excitement for football in mid-august.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ed O'Bannon is the devil!

BlackSand

Pirate At Large
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want a copy, glad it's history. Hopefully someone who doesn't suck will pick up college games. Not necessarily the game sucks, I love playing NCAA football, it's all the years of buying the new game only to find out that most of the glitches are still there or if they managed to fix one, they added new ones. Little glitches I don't mind, it's the permanent ones that effect the game.

Remember how we use to throw the ball out to the running back and instead of staying in bounds and running, it would automatically run out of bounds? Well they finally fixed it, but in came new issues.

Has anyone got through an entire season with your starting QB, RB, AND WR not injured? I haven't. Never fails every year, QB or RB goes down for multiple weeks. Also the Heisman race....what's the deal with dominating every other player....being #1 in the race for weeks and weeks, only to lose come award time.....?

EA Games has been notorious for its glitches in a lot of game venues ... Not just The NCAA games.
I know it probably sounds stupid but I played their Sims 3 games ... And patches were damn near weekly if not monthly.

On another note though ... Rumor has it that Bethesda Softworks (created the Skyrim Series) is up to buying EA Games ... And will continue many of the different game venues under new titles. Their processes are not near as glitchy as those of EA Games ... And it could result in a considerable leap in graphics, content and reliability with a new NCAA series under their banner.

Bethesda also has the reputation of doing extensive research regarding their base game models.
Better research that puts better options for gameplay in front of speedy mass production could result in more interesting options for end use.

When the person in charge of designing the game knows more about football than C++ ... It might make a difference.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game has gotten way too easy.. can get about 60 sacks per year playing as a right end, and throw 7TDs a game against a horrid zone coverage system on their hatdest difficulty

Hopefully something decent comes out

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BlackSand, the main problem for EA was that the conferences were pulling their affiliation with the game. They had planned to continue but were going to have to pull conference names and logos. The suit was more of the straw that broke EA's back. They knew the product wasn't going to be as good and then they would have to pay the players on top of it...

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the right sliders, the game puts up a decent fight for about 10 games, then it becomes too easy.

Still though, not having a college game is going to suck..

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that Denard is the last one on the cover. I don't love that the game is going away. Every 5 years or so I bought the game again and it held off my excitement for football in mid-august.
You mean "turnover robinson"? Yes the Buckeye fans loved him too.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if EA will continue to support the online play of the game?

It's going to be weird without a college football game next year, especially with all the new consoles coming to market this fall.

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They fixed the rush game glitches sans the defenders lining up in a soup line instead of taking proper angles on long runs. They fixed the passing game glitches that allowed an defender to INT any pass near him with multiple passing angles where you can actually lob a ball over a LBs head. They made the option workable.

Also, I've gone thru seasons without a QB injury. I've always had an RB or WR go down. It happens in real football too. Don't overuse that player.

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate O'Bannon even more now. Fucked up my favorite game

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They fixed the rush game glitches sans the defenders lining up in a soup line instead of taking proper angles on long runs. They fixed the passing game glitches that allowed an defender to INT any pass near him with multiple passing angles where you can actually lob a ball over a LBs head. They made the option workable.

Also, I've gone thru seasons without a QB injury. I've always had an RB or WR go down. It happens in real football too. Don't overuse that player.

:L No, it sucks bro. Hell it took them years to fix the glitches you mentioned.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And does anyone know why Denard Robinson is even on the cover? I thought that was earned by being a legit player?