• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty 1

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to drop a lot of people to make room for draft picks, so Edwards is gonna be a drop. Where do I go to read all the league rules? I think I remember you saying that the draft will be very slow and be conducted in this message board. I can't remember if I drop a player before I make a pick or after I make the pick.
ya know, come to think of it, I don't know if they're all written out in any one specific place..we should probably do that. Ughh.. generally if we need to reference anything we dig up the poll we used to vote on that particular rule and call it good. But it would be a good idea to get it all in one place.

as to your specific question(s)-

yes the draft will be here on the hoop..' slow' style. - MBBRL D1 Rookie draft time limits
we just had a poll to possibly reduce the time limts per pick last off season, but it ended in a 'tie', however one option had the one co-owned team with both owners voting, so technically- 'remain as is' won 7-6 with a no show from the Foot.

So long story short, slow style, 24 hour timer for all 4 rounds

Draft date is May 2nd (the first Monday, one week after the close of the real life NFL draft which is April 30th), timer begins at 8 AM eastern time

the owner holding 1.1 can make his selection at any point, from the re-upping of the league until the true draft date +24 hours for their timer

once the 1.1 has been made, all subsequent picks can also be made earlier, but the 24 hour clock does not start until the actual draft date regardless of when 1.1 was picked.

It is not un heard to be halfway done with the first round before the timer ever starts..it is also not unheard of to still be waiting on the first pick well into the 24 hour period. so how long it will take, is entirely up to y'all and your individual schedules.

In the event the 24 hour clocks runs out, it's just like the real draft, your turn is skipped, although you can make your pick at anytime.

You do not HAVE to use any given pick, you can always pass, although passing means that pick no longer exists, you cannot go back on it and make that pick or trade it after you've posted in the draft thread that you are in deed passing.

it is drop and draft format. you are welcome to drop players before the draft day, but you do not HAVE to. you can announce a drop/make the drop yourself, simultaneously while announcing your pick. I will have the drop feature open for owners to drop players during the draft so that you can make it yourselves, but you can always just announce it and I'll do the drops myself, although it usually takes me a half day or so to catch up on anything I wasn't able to do in real time. OBX also can perform those functions as co-comish. But if you make a pick, and do not have an open slot, or haven't announced a drop, that pick is not official until that is corrected, and, if the 24 hour clock expires and it's still not corrected, you lose that player and the pick reverts back to the 'timed out' status- meaning you can make that pick at anytime..but your targeted player may have been drafted by someone else by then. Regardless, the draft can continue either way, but if the owner behind you wants to wait to see who you'll drop, we'll all be stuck waiting.

Players dropped during the draft, are eligible to be immediately drafted by the other owners, all existing Free agents are eligible to be drafted as well.

If at anytime you feel you're truly done and won't be using any remaining picks, please let us know so that we aren't waiting 24 hours for any of your remaining picks and they can be passed and the draft can continue. This is what generally causes the draft to drag on for extended periods. We'll wait and wait for 18 hours and then the owner on the clock passes..kinda aggravating, but well within the rules we've got.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of rules...the flurry of possible changes pertaining to the way we handle the clearing of IR spots certainly died down..like I said, I'm not driving this particular bus, as I feel we have a decent enough way to handle it in place already. If y'all want tweaks or changes, get em discussed and narrowed down, fleshed out, so that we have 2 or 3 clear options to vote on. And I'm not posting a poll with 8 options on it because it'll jsut create more options in the comments and end up with multiple polls..not doing that option.

Otherwise, it's status quo.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya know, come to think of it, I don't know if they're all written out in any one specific place..we should probably do that. Ughh.. generally if we need to reference anything we dig up the poll we used to vote on that particular rule and call it good. But it would be a good idea to get it all in one place.

as to your specific question(s)-

yes the draft will be here on the hoop..' slow' style. - MBBRL D1 Rookie draft time limits
we just had a poll to possibly reduce the time limts per pick last off season, but it ended in a 'tie', however one option had the one co-owned team with both owners voting, so technically- 'remain as is' won 7-6 with a no show from the Foot.

So long story short, slow style, 24 hour timer for all 4 rounds

Draft date is May 2nd (the first Monday, one week after the close of the real life NFL draft which is April 30th), timer begins at 8 AM eastern time

the owner holding 1.1 can make his selection at any point, from the re-upping of the league until the true draft date +24 hours for their timer

once the 1.1 has been made, all subsequent picks can also be made earlier, but the 24 hour clock does not start until the actual draft date regardless of when 1.1 was picked.

It is not un heard to be halfway done with the first round before the timer ever starts..it is also not unheard of to still be waiting on the first pick well into the 24 hour period. so how long it will take, is entirely up to y'all and your individual schedules.

In the event the 24 hour clocks runs out, it's just like the real draft, your turn is skipped, although you can make your pick at anytime.

You do not HAVE to use any given pick, you can always pass, although passing means that pick no longer exists, you cannot go back on it and make that pick or trade it after you've posted in the draft thread that you are in deed passing.

it is drop and draft format. you are welcome to drop players before the draft day, but you do not HAVE to. you can announce a drop/make the drop yourself, simultaneously while announcing your pick. I will have the drop feature open for owners to drop players during the draft so that you can make it yourselves, but you can always just announce it and I'll do the drops myself, although it usually takes me a half day or so to catch up on anything I wasn't able to do in real time. OBX also can perform those functions as co-comish. But if you make a pick, and do not have an open slot, or haven't announced a drop, that pick is not official until that is corrected, and, if the 24 hour clock expires and it's still not corrected, you lose that player and the pick reverts back to the 'timed out' status- meaning you can make that pick at anytime..but your targeted player may have been drafted by someone else by then. Regardless, the draft can continue either way, but if the owner behind you wants to wait to see who you'll drop, we'll all be stuck waiting.

Players dropped during the draft, are eligible to be immediately drafted by the other owners, all existing Free agents are eligible to be drafted as well.

If at anytime you feel you're truly done and won't be using any remaining picks, please let us know so that we aren't waiting 24 hours for any of your remaining picks and they can be passed and the draft can continue. This is what generally causes the draft to drag on for extended periods. We'll wait and wait for 18 hours and then the owner on the clock passes..kinda aggravating, but well within the rules we've got.

Yeah, I think that would be good. It will help you as a commissioner when enforcing rules in difficult situations. You would simply just refer to the rule and the particular rule number.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think that would be good. It will help you as a commissioner when enforcing rules in difficult situations. You would simply just refer to the rule and the particular rule number.
I think I'll get to work on a rough draft on that, ou list it in here, make sure y'all agree that nothing was left out, and set in stone somewhere...maybe have Harold add it to the MBBRL constitution page?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't this draft start May 9th? Normally D2 drafts the first Monday after the NFL draft and D1 starts the 2nd Monday after.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't this draft start May 9th? Normally D2 drafts the first Monday after the NFL draft and D1 starts the 2nd Monday after.
Well, our 1st pick isn't until 20th - so the rest of you guys can start as soon as you wish. ... :suds:

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've always been one week, D2 has been both one or two weeks depending on the year.
I mean really Treff can just go ahead and take Breece Hall now and put somebody else on the clock if he wants.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean really Treff can just go ahead and take Breece Hall now and put somebody else on the clock if he wants.
Never heard of him :)

I might tradeit, but otherwise, I can promise everyone that pick will not be made until at least the end of the NFL draft, day 2

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If memory serves, Chef does a lot of daytime shifts serving his delicious gastro artwork . He does most of his wheeling and dealing in the evening, and late nights

Ah, thanks. Or it could be that he is very carefully considering and researching an alternate offer that I sent to him.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, thanks. Or it could be that he is very carefully considering and researching an alternate offer that I sent to him.
Always possible too, but I am positive he is indisposed in one way shape or form as he would certainly be chiming in on the Tyreek Hill trade if he weren't :)

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always possible too, but I am positive he is indisposed in one way shape or form as he would certainly be chiming in on the Tyreek Hill trade if he weren't :)

What a shocker! I haven't looked yet who has Tyreek Hill. This NFL offseason has been awesome with all the twists and turns. LOL.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a shocker! I haven't looked yet who has Tyreek Hill. This NFL offseason has been awesome with all the twists and turns. LOL.
Bandit but he owns a slew of really good WRs so doubt he's worried about Hill.