• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty 1

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the thing, people forget we only start one... If you own a serviceable QB you are not going to trade valuable assets to get that elite QB... you kind of don't even attempt to... you would rather get the lesser guy for as cheap as possible... The frantic QB-less owner is not a common thing in fantasy... in fact QBs are like defenses, you can be very successful streaming them all season... and it has much to do with the opponent...
So true, although a dynasty league with 14 teams and 18 rounds of picks, kind of voids the idea of streaming a QB IMO.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So true, although a dynasty league with 14 teams and 18 rounds of picks, kind of voids the idea of streaming a QB IMO.

yes, except that in fear of not being able to own a QB on the bye week of our starter, all teams drafted their backup already... now we need 2 QBs to fail before we see an owner desperate enough to give up a lot for a QB... Starting one QB really diminishes the trade value of the elite QBs...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but with that said, i might be the first owner to NEED a QB...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, except that in fear of not being able to own a QB on the bye week of our starter, all teams drafted their backup already... now we need 2 QBs to fail before we see an owner desperate enough to give up a lot for a QB... Starting one QB really diminishes the trade value of the elite QBs...
Trade value most likely. Value to your team, I think not.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade value most likely. Value to your team, I think not.

absolutely... Having THAT QB is huge for your fantasy team, but QBs just never will have high trade value... Same for TEs... I am sure the Gronk owner would have a tough time getting what he thinks is fair value for him... I don't see anyone giving first round value on him...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely... Having THAT QB is huge for your fantasy team, but QBs just never will have high trade value... Same for TEs... I am sure the Gronk owner would have a tough time getting what he thinks is fair value for him... I don't see anyone giving first round value on him...
Yeah, I had to learn it the hard way. RBs and WRs are what the trade market is about and I lean towards RBs as the more valuable position for trade purposes

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still in deciding mode... If i am holding you back from making other trades, you might as well assume i will decline... you may have to wait a day or 2... I am busy the next 2 days, and might not even think much about this...

Seeing this post made me realize how blessed I was when our trade happened so fast last season. I had no idea that you could get so tied up trying to decide a trade offer.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing this post made me realize how blessed I was when our trade happened so fast last season. I had no idea that you could get so tied up trying to decide a trade offer.
i am usually fast... There are some offers though that make me think... and i like to over analyze it until the analysis Tells me what to do... but 9/10 times when it takes me long I will reject it...

Honestly, you would love to hear these debates i have with myself... it is like i have multiple personalities... Maybe i do!!!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am usually fast... There are some offers though that make me think... and i like to over analyze it until the analysis Tells me what to do... but 9/10 times when it takes me long I will reject it...

Honestly, you would love to hear these debates i have with myself... it is like i have multiple personalities... Maybe i do!!!
My experience has been anytime someone, anyone takes a looooong time to decide, expect a thumbs down on the offer.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gronks a first rounder....
He is. .but would you trade a first rounder to get him if you had Kelce, or Ertz, or Olsen, or any other of about 6 guys all bunched up behind him and Graham? That's what the difference they're discussing is about. No one would argue he isn't wOrth the pick, he's just not easy to trade and expect first round value for.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shot I just realized I dont want to drop anyone so I am offering a 2 for 1 now. Kaeps since i dont want 3 QBs and either Crabtree, Fitz, or Decker for a better wr or and Kaeps and Forsett for a better RB. Let me know if any of you boys are interested. Id do Gore and Kaeps as well for a better rb.
I've just made you that exact offer Foot..take it or leave it.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey, I just woke up...am I in Bizarro World???? :pound::pound::pound::scratch::pound::pound::pound:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most folks are set at QB.
Not everyone has 3.
in fact QBs are like defenses, you can be very successful streaming them all season... and it has much to do with the opponent...
Kind of agree with you here, but mostly disagree. Just b/c a QB found on the waiver wire has a good matchup doesn't mean he's going to light the world on fire that week. There's a reason that QB was on waivers, just like that D was on waivers. Having that elite QB or even the top tier of QBs gives you a better chance each and every week imo.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I fully expect @MilkSpiller22 to decline but it's a good offer lol.
I'm going on a limb here, but most offers that have been made have been rejected so far. ;)

I know that when looking through others rosters for potential trade partners, I get off track b/c I just don't know who I want to give up from my team at this moment. I feel pretty good about my roster. And mmy guess is most do too if they're not wiling to trade just yet. I dunno, I'm probably wrong.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going on a limb here, but most offers that have been made have been rejected so far. ;)

I know that when looking through others rosters for potential trade partners, I get off track b/c I just don't know who I want to give up from my team at this moment. I feel pretty good about my roster. And mmy guess is most do too if they're not wiling to trade just yet. I dunno, I'm probably wrong.
Yeah I know but I'm not moving to planB just yet. I also like my roster

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is. .but would you trade a first rounder to get him if you had Kelce, or Ertz, or Olsen, or any other of about 6 guys all bunched up behind him and Graham? That's what the difference they're discussing is about. No one would argue he isn't wOrth the pick, he's just not easy to trade and expect first round value for.
you know what, if i could trade a future pick for him, yes,i would