• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

dwayne allen

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i so wish we woulda took him in the 2nd. we could use a big body that can pick up first downs over the middle. allen and fleener look perfect for luck.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vernon Davis isn't TALL, but doesn't he have a "big body"?

wouldn't Walker be able to get open short, more than Davis? Walker obviously isn't a big body, but his quickness (for a TE) should work?

but if the idea is just to pick up first downs, then we don't NEED to spend a 2nd rounder?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we spent a 2nd rounder on a rb who'll be 4th on the depth charts...

vernon is a vertical threat. walker isn't reliable and isn't a guy that can make those tough grabs in traffic. he's a mismatch against most linebackers, but he's no red zone target.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Walker is basically a big WR. He was a WR in college, and he's essentially a WR in the pro's.

I would've loved another TE who could both block & get open well, but I'm very happy with James too. I've wanted a RB like him since imac convinced me Darren Sproles was a great RB prospect.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya james could make a huge impact, but we already have hunter. allen fills a huge need for us.

o well, there's always the 32nd pick in next years draft

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OT: That last series with the Colts on the goal line had some interesting officiating calls and a very poor ball placement after the review. My goodness.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT: That last series with the Colts on the goal line had some interesting officiating calls and a very poor ball placement after the review. My goodness.

well u know....rookies

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. No way that ball gets spotted on the one. he was maybe a foot short of the goal at most.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the Colts - It appears 'Earth' called AL back and he obliged - I wonder what psycho-boy Irsay is going to tweet this week?!?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well we spent a 2nd rounder on a rb who'll be 4th on the depth charts...

vernon is a vertical threat. walker isn't reliable and isn't a guy that can make those tough grabs in traffic. he's a mismatch against most linebackers, but he's no red zone target.

and Dwayne Allen would've been starting? remember you said a big body for the short 1st down conversion....or something to that effect? not a starting TE to plug in right away.

i'm not against a big body TE to get those 1st downs, but you can't have everything in the 2nd round. i'm for 'maximum talent' we can draft, and so far there's not enough to say James wasn't it?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Luck drawing sells for $2,500 on eBay

I love the opening sentence of this article:

"In a financial decision likely to lead to 3-to-5 days on the couch, an eBay shopper has dropped $2,499.99 for a crude drawing by Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck."

Crazy!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the Colts - It appears 'Earth' called AL back and he obliged - I wonder what psycho-boy Irsay is going to tweet this week?!?

If it wouldn't be misinterpretted (which it would) Irsay should poke fun at himself by doing the opposite of what he did last week - proclaim doom and gloom because of Luck's 2 INTs. He'd be acknowledging the psycho-ness of the over-reaction to the preseason TD with an overreaction to the preseason INTs. Actually, given the fact that he's a rookie, even a negative response in a regular season would be an over-reaction. If Luck throws an INT on the first pass of his career in the regular season, wouldn't that technically be a(n) historic beginning?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wouldn't be misinterpretted (which it would) Irsay should poke fun at himself by doing the opposite of what he did last week - proclaim doom and gloom because of Luck's 2 INTs. He'd be acknowledging the psycho-ness of the over-reaction to the preseason TD with an overreaction to the preseason INTs. Actually, given the fact that he's a rookie, even a negative response in a regular season would be an over-reaction. If Luck throws an INT on the first pass of his career in the regular season, wouldn't that technically be a(n) historic beginning?

That would be funny.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see the picture? It looks like a crayon drawing of Lucas Oil.

LOL. I bet for that amount of money, he could have won a dinner with him. If Luck goes as big as they say he will, wonder how much this silly picture will be worth. He certainly didn't buy it for the quality of the art (though it's better than mine). (Not really my drawing and this may or may not be better than Luck's).

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I bet for that amount of money, he could have won a dinner with him. If Luck goes as big as they say he will, wonder how much this silly picture will be worth. He certainly didn't buy it for the quality of the art (though it's better than mine). (Not really my drawing and this may or may not be better than Luck's).

If Luck goes HOF that picture will be worth exactly $9.27! That's my best guess based on how much a Joe Montana crayon drawing of Candlestick would be worth. I am officially declaring myself an expert on the values of future HOF QB crayon drawings of stadiums!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Luck goes HOF that picture will be worth exactly $9.27! That's my best guess based on how much a Joe Montana crayon drawing of Candlestick would be worth. I am officially declaring myself an expert on the values of future HOF QB crayon drawings of stadiums!

If Luck is $9.27, I'd go as high as 10-12 for a Montana drawing. But you're the expert. It usually takes two seconds to master the values of HOF QB's crayon drawings, but you cut it in half.