• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durkin’s fired

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm going to have to go to the marshmallow ranch to get enough for this fire.

shrink-wrapped-hay-bales-western-450w-773487166.jpg

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just an equipment operator at the country's largest producer of aggregates, and I along with everyone else at the company is trained annually on recognizing and treating heat exhaustion and heat stroke, and you're thinking the team's medical staff didn't notice anything.

#dumbass
Yes. Its the only explanation. No medical person who noticed symptoms of heat stroke would stand by and do nothing.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIKE LEACH was on the maryland list after Friedgen, but the same adminstrators did not think he "fit' the part.

The list will be a lot shorter now. That same arrogance that did not want Mike Leach would beg him now.

No coach in their prime will take this job, and Maryland is near financial bankrupt (as usual) to try and overpay.

Hiring Matt Canada is a stupid Mark Helfrich type reaction, and he was part of the Durkin team. Need a clean slate.

Look for super young 30-something coaches from small programs, or coaches over the age of 55 in semi-retirement mode.

Fuck it, Call LES MILES!!!

At age 65, he can come and eat some Maryland grass and be a caretaker during this expected dark period to come.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No coach in their prime will take this job, and Maryland is near financial bankrupt (as usual) to try and overpay.

Hiring Matt Canada is a stupid Mark Helfrich type reaction, and he was part of the Durkin team. Need a clean slate.

Look for super young 30-something coaches from small programs, or coaches over the age of 55 in semi-retirement mode.

At age 65, he can come and eat some Maryland grass and be a caretaker during this expected dark period to come.

Yeah, I was also thinking that Les Miles would be the proper call at this point. Hire Les....... then perhaps Les stays there for 5-7 years, retires, and then a young up-and-comer takes over. But at this point, a young up-and-comer would probably not desire the Maryland job until things settle down for a few years.

Call Les Miles!

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIKE LEACH was on the maryland list after Friedgen, but the same adminstrators did not think he "fit' the part.

The list will be a lot shorter now. That same arrogance that did not want Mike Leach would beg him now.

Yeah, I was also thinking that Les Miles would be the proper call at this point. Hire Les....... then perhaps Les stays there for 5-7 years, retires, and then a young up-and-comer takes over. But at this point, a young up-and-comer would probably not desire the Maryland job until things settle down for a few years.

Call Les Miles!

Maryland needs a nice guy

MikeRiley-960x600.jpg

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thing isn't going away any time soon.
Durkis attorneys are playing hard ball with the University. And they are dancing on thin ice. Look for things like defamation of character, and just firing Durkin alone is quite the tid bit. There's was really no cause to fire him.
And now a player gets beat up by players. There are players and parents that stand behind him on this. This could get really ugly.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Damon Evans. He was probably the best AD in UGA history. Got caught up in a scandal and had to be fired and move to New England so he could keep his family life in tact and work a normal job. FInally gets another AD job and gets caught up in this mess.

Wasn't Evans the AD that got busted in his car with another women and her panties in his hand???.....:noidea:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like this punter getting beat up for speaking out against durkin story is total bs but the media is running with it

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ima send my resume to the Maryland athletic department guys. I mean, why not right?:noidea:

My plan will be to post plays on a thread during the week then on gameday use my phone to let yall call the plays during the game by posting what ya wanna see.

Could be a lot of fun I think and DANG sure would get more views of a Twerp football game than they get currently.

Im thinkin they will let me know something by.... last week of August:noidea:? Then we'll roll with it.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a total shit show