• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant Signing With Warriors

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really isnt bad though. Anyone with a brain would do it. Its been happening for decades. But now the dubs cant do it?
I'm just saying it's worse compared to LeBron's but I don't have any problem with it.
Yea as you said it's been happening since way before. Even I wanted to see KD in Golden State :heh:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. Who cares if they were role players or not? The fact is, he left Cleveland without letting anyone know of his intentions. The Cavs had just fired Mike Brown and hired Byron Scott because they were led to believe that was what Lebron wanted. Then he used a tv special to dump the Cavs and their fans in about the most classless way possible.

As for Wade, he obviously didn't tell him before Wade agreed to take less so that the Heat could give Lebron a max deal and make some moves to try and improve the team.

You Cavs fans and Lebroniacs can keep trying to make it look like what KD did was worse than what Lebron did, but it's not gonna work.

LeBron's move to Miami was more or less the same as KD's move to GS and I don't have a problem with either one.

When their careers are over, their legacies will be defined by the list of accolades with championships and MVPs at the top. KD's move to Golden State won't hurt him any more than LeBron's move to Miami as long as he has the hardware to back it up. LeBron gained 2 rings and 2 MVPs in Miami, which enhanced his legacy despite what the naysayers were proclaiming. This thing with KD is exactly the same, and interestingly, KD's career resume looks a lot like LeBron's did when he left For Miami.

There were many people who said LeBron would never be an all time great when he made the decision. They were absolutely wrong and short sighted when they made those comments. Now KD is in the exact same boat. His legacy will be defined by his accomplishments moving forward, not the fact that he switched teams.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron's move to Miami was more or less the same as KD's move to GS and I don't have a problem with either one.

When their careers are over, their legacies will be defined by the list of accolades with championships and MVPs at the top. KD's move to Golden State won't hurt him any more than LeBron's move to Miami as long as he has the hardware to back it up. LeBron gained 2 rings and 2 MVPs in Miami, which enhanced his legacy despite what the naysayers were proclaiming. This thing with KD is exactly the same, and interestingly, KD's career resume looks a lot like LeBron's did when he left For Miami.

There were many people who said LeBron would never be an all time great when he made the decision. They were absolutely wrong and short sighted when they made those comments. Now KD is in the exact same boat. His legacy will be defined by his accomplishments moving forward, not the fact that he switched teams.
Disagree BIG TIME. If anything LBJ failed in Miami. Only 2 Rings with that super team. Do you remember not 1..2...3..4..5...6..7.... talk. It was a fail to go 2-2 in the Finals with that team. Those championships do nothing for LBJ. If anything the Loses hurt more. Now this last championship really put him out there(that was his best championship). He still needs to at least win another one and try not to lose again in the Finals. Most will always remember LBJ for Ring chasing. He jumps from team to team. That is who he is. The Older players already mock LBJ for that. There is a reason he signs these 1 or 2 year deals so he can jump ship at anytime.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying it's worse compared to LeBron's but I don't have any problem with it.
Yea as you said it's been happening since way before. Even I wanted to see KD in Golden State :heh:
Not even close. LBJ did a show about his FA move and had a party and talked about not 1.2.3...7 titles and only ended up getting 2. LBJ move was worse because at the time he was the #1 player and he left his home town. Nothing compares to that.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Towns said he wants to be with Minn his whole career....... well KD said the same 3-4 years ago. Things change. LBJ said the same when he was with the Cavs the 1st time. If he doesnt win a championship he will go ring chasing just like they did.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. The only problem I ever had with Lebron leaving is the way he did it. Outside of that, he had fulfilled his contract in both years and the way he played. No problem with Durant leaving either.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still worse tho, joining the 73-9 team that beat you when you almost beat them.

It's not worse at all.

It's easy to say it is because KD's team had just lost to the Warriors, but it's the same thing. Neither of these guys went to a struggling team by themselves to try and turn them around. In Lebron's case, he required about 2/3 of the roster turned over, another star level player being there and another coming with him each time. KD went to a team that already had those players.

It just took fewer roster moves to add KD than it did to add Lebron.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not worse at all.

It's easy to say it is because KD's team had just lost to the Warriors, but it's the same thing. Neither of these guys went to a struggling team by themselves to try and turn them around. In Lebron's case, he required about 2/3 of the roster turned over, another star level player being there and another coming with him each time. KD went to a team that already had those players.

It just took fewer roster moves to add KD than it did to add Lebron.

KD is joining a team with 3 stars

Lebron only joined a team with 2

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD is joining a team with 3 stars

Lebron only joined a team with 2

Draymond is a nice player, but he's not a star. He's just loud and gets attention because of that and the nutkick stuff. Steph and Klay are the stars.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD's career resume looks a lot like LeBron's did when he left For Miami.

One distinction for me would be Westbrook, who is a top-5 player. LeBron didn't have anywhere near a top-5 player as a teammate before Miami.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol there is no argument its the truth! No way anyone can deny it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One distinction for me would be Westbrook, who is a top-5 player. LeBron didn't have anywhere near a top-5 player as a teammate before Miami.

I agree with that, but when legacies are defined at the end of careers, they are all about accolades and accomplishments.

When LeBron left Cleveland, he had 2 MVPs and 1 Finals loss, and was considered to be one of the 2 best players in the league.

Durant has 1 MVP and 1 Finals loss and is widely considered one of the 3 best players in the league.

Not the same, but similar. When Durant retires, all that will really matter is rings and MVPs. Not saying he will get them, but if he does he will have earned them. Kareem and Magic don't get docked because they played together. The circumstance as to how KD got to GS will fade and even be largely forgotten with time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lbj is a LOT better than KD though....KD is a better "pure" scorer- but lebron is so much better in everything elsse and is also a decent scorer.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lbj is a LOT better than KD though....KD is a better "pure" scorer- but lebron is so much better in everything elsse and is also a decent scorer.

Luckily for Durant, he's on a roster which doesn't require him to play all 5 positions.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kareem and Magic don't get docked because they played together. The circumstance as to how KD got to GS will fade and even be largely forgotten with time.

What? Now that's an odd comparison. When KAJ joined the Lakers they weren't the 2x defending conference champs. Also when he joined them they didn't have the 2x League MVP. And the year before KAJ joined them they went 30-52.