• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Duke Football 2019

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey buddy! Thank you! Pneumonia is gone for the most part... Just dealing with the aftermath of being exhausted all the time but other than that pretty good. Thanks for asking. How you been?

Damn @redseat I know about pneumonia as I spent two weeks on the couch re-cooping about twenty years ago! Worst sick I've ever experienced.

I guess we're watching the Draft tonight as I'm interested in where DJ goes and Findley as well @tomcat1 , any body else from NC State to watch out for? I think Duke's Joe Giles-Harris should go second or 3rd round at LB

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn @redseat I know about pneumonia as I spent two weeks on the couch re-cooping about twenty years ago! Worst sick I've ever experienced.

I guess we're watching the Draft tonight as I'm interested in where DJ goes and Findley as well @tomcat1 , any body else from NC State to watch out for? I think Duke's Joe Giles-Harris should go second or 3rd round at LB

I haven't really focused much on the draft yet to be honest with you since I've been glued to MLB and my 1st place Cardinals lately but I will do some study on it this afternoon before the draft begins tonight. I do think that both Jones and Finley will excel at the next level if given a chance however.

Many good college QBs never get a chance to demonstrate their skills at the next level because they have to sit as backups for so long. I thought this was going to be the case for Phillip Rivers when he was the backup for Drew Brees for so long at San Diego but once Rivers got his chance he put up what now appears to be hall of fame numbers. Hopefully both Jones and Finley will be drafted by teams that will give them a chance to play much sooner than Rivers did.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah it royally sucks balls huh?!?! Knocked me the F out! I still am exhausted by either 3 or 4 pm no matter what I have done for that day... I am very interested to see what BB does with his picks.. I fully expect him to trade them away and not actually pick someone in the first round... OR pick another RB in the first, if anything. Really am hoping for a TE and a back-up QB but I doubt that will happen in the 1st..

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm doing okay for a guy who is older than dirt.

I don't remember you mentioning anything about having pneumonia but maybe I missed something. I'm just happy to hear that you are feeling better. Get well and stay well my friend.

haha.. So your 25 then? lol

I said something in one thread... I am pretty sure it was on this board... Maybe it was on the other site but I could have sworn I did... Though I did not mention it on this thread that much I know

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha.. So your 25 then? lol

I said something in one thread... I am pretty sure it was on this board... Maybe it was on the other site but I could have sworn I did... Though I did not mention it on this thread that much I know

It's amazing how one illness can lead to another one. About five months ago I caught what was just a bad head cold, which is bad enough, but that bad head cold turned into a sinus infection and I'm just now starting to feel better. I still haven't gotten my wind and energy back from all of this crap which pisses me off but it is what it is.

@douggie, I apologize for getting off topic.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how one illness can lead to another one. About five months ago I caught what was just a bad head cold, which is bad enough, but that bad head cold turned into a sinus infection and I'm just now starting to feel better. I still haven't gotten my wind and energy back from all of this crap which pisses me off but it is what it is.

@douggie, I apologize for getting off topic.

Yeah same thing happened to me... Then Wham-O...... Pneumonia

Don't apologize to @douggie :dhd::dhd:

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah same thing happened to me... Then Wham-O...... Pneumonia

Don't apologize to @douggie :dhd::dhd:

Well, I'm sure our buddy douggie didn't start this thread to listen to you and I becoming roommates in a nursing facility but since we have rallied maybe he won't have to. Okay douggie, the healthy one, you are allowed to reply now on your own thread. And, oh by the way, are you still the house champion of trivial pursuit for three years running since we are getting into a fourth year? Damn, I'm off topic again.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm sure our buddy douggie didn't start this thread to listen to you and I becoming roommates in a nursing facility but since we have rallied maybe he won't have to. Okay douggie, the healthy one, you are allowed to reply now on your own thread. And, oh by the way, are you still the house champion of trivial pursuit for three years running since we are getting into a fourth year? Damn, I'm off topic again.

It's all good my man, and my boy Daniel Jones goes #6 in the NFL Draft! Damn, he can never live up to the NY hype after getting this pick. I hope he uses all the negatives as motivation. He's better than anyone gives him credit but still a mountain climb for sure!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all good my man, and my boy Daniel Jones goes #6 in the NFL Draft! Damn, he can never live up to the NY hype after getting this pick. I hope he uses all the negatives as motivation. He's better than anyone gives him credit but still a mountain climb for sure!

I think most people were surprised that Jones went #6 (Giants) and leaving Haskins #15 on the board for my Redskins to scoop up. According to the Giants GM Jones might have to sit for 2 or 3 years since Eli Manning isn't going anywhere for awhile. Whatever the case might be I wish Jones the best in his professional career except for when the Giants play the Redskins.

Just think, there is a good possibility that both Daniel Jones and Zion Williamson will both be playing in New York and if this happens I'm already visualizing them doing a commercial together with a Duke twist to it.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most people were surprised that Jones went #6 (Giants) and leaving Haskins #15 on the board for my Redskins to scoop up. According to the Giants GM Jones might have to sit for 2 or 3 years since Eli Manning isn't going anywhere for awhile. Whatever the case might be I wish Jones the best in his professional career except for when the Giants play the Redskins.

Just think, there is a good possibility that both Daniel Jones and Zion Williamson will both be playing in New York and if this happens I'm already visualizing them doing a commercial together with a Duke twist to it.

Hey, whatever the going rate is,( $20-$30 million) for a first round QB? And Zion is getting a shoe deal probably approaching $100 million, so I'm assuming they are set for life now

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haha. I know I was just messing around with Dougie.. Great thread Dougie

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, whatever the going rate is,( $20-$30 million) for a first round QB? And Zion is getting a shoe deal probably approaching $100 million, so I'm assuming they are set for life now

Both Daniel and Zion seem to be quality human beings and I just hope all of that big money they will be getting won't change them.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha. I know I was just messing around with Dougie.. Great thread Dougie

I'm glad that douggie didn't tell us to take a hike on his thread while we discussed the walking wounded.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad that douggie didn't tell us to take a hike on his thread while we discussed the walking wounded.

Hey man, this is OUR thread! It takes on a life of it's own. I'm just happy when you guys take the time to post on it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a good guy and he somewhat can stand the both of us so we are good :D:D

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a good guy and he somewhat can stand the both of us so we are good :D:D

I agree with you 100%! He even takes time to compliment my pathetic Wolfpack from time to time.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you 100%! He even takes time to compliment my pathetic Wolfpack from time to time.

Hey you said the word pathetic. I certainly didn't :dhd::dhd:

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey you said the word pathetic. I certainly didn't :dhd::dhd:

Yep, and I think I spelled it correctly too! It's hard to be a Wolfpack fan but I have always loved um.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and I think I spelled it correctly too! It's hard to be a Wolfpack fan but I have always loved um.

They'll come around and be a contender