• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dubs @ Nets 1/8/14

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I want to say good game, those words just don't sound right.

Dubs are the better team and should have won this game point blank. Steph just ran out of gas

46 mins, 25 shots, 7 turnovers, getting held by PP every single play, it just wasn't mean to be tonight.

Starters played with a lot of heart, still a very good roadie 6-1, but they were 5 points away from history...

This one is going to sting for a while.

And this is the fatal flaw. They just can't go deep in the playoffs turning the ball over 25 times a game.

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But none as deplorable as the horrific turnovers.

I think part of the problem is fatigue. I think Myers makes a move pretty soon here.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That little stretch between when it went from 93-89, Dubs to 96-93, Nets just killed them. They looked lost out there. Tough to bitch too hard about a 6 and 1 road trip though. This is a prety good team and is home for the next 13 of 18 with only one road trip of more than two games remaining for the rest of the year. They are in good shape.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But none as deplorable as the horrific turnovers.

The turnovers are inexcusable. Its as tough to understand as the 49ers not being able to get the play called on time.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnovers are the team's weakness but no team is perfect. You gotta lose 30 games this year, sometimes it will be turnovers (often times). If it wasn't that maybe it would be rebounding, or shooting.

Here's the list: Team Turnovers Stats - CBSSports.com

Ws are among the worst, but so is Houston, Indiana, and OKC
The best teams: NY, Charlotte, NO

Just saying, something has to be an issue, and they can try to improve it but it's probably a result of their style of play, often fast paced and passing oriented. Also they need a backup PG who can take care of the ball.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is the fatal flaw. They just can't go deep in the playoffs turning the ball over 25 times a game.

Agreed, so the fact they average 17 means they might go deep after all.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I want to say good game, those words just don't sound right.

Dubs are the better team and should have won this game point blank. Steph just ran out of gas

46 mins, 25 shots, 7 turnovers, getting held by PP every single play, it just wasn't mean to be tonight.

Starters played with a lot of heart, still a very good roadie 6-1, but they were 5 points away from history...

This one is going to sting for a while.

Meh. I've already forgotten about it. (Well, mostly) ;)

The Hawks will be thinking about there loss to us a lot longer than the W's loss last night.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been nice to get into the history books but cant be too upset with the loss. 6-1 on the road trip is solid. But I still expected the Dubs to win handily. Starters logged a lot of minutes but they seem to play down to the competition ala Spurs missing their big 3. Only one field goal in the last 4:08is inexcusable. Nets have been playing better as of late but they were missing Lopez and Williams their two best players. Wins are at a premium in the vaunted West and cant let these ones slip. I fully expect them to throttle the Celtics on Friday.

I think part of the problem is fatigue. I think Myers makes a move pretty soon here.

Key number: 5+.

That's the number of combined minutes for Douglas and Bazemore last night.

Either Jackson blew it by sticking with the exhausted Klay/Steph for so many minutes on the end of the road trip...or the bench guys are so bad, they don't deserve minutes even when Curry/Klay have little left in the tank.

I guessing it's the latter.

Make a move Myers. Not worried so much about the losses caused by lousy bench play. I'm more worried about burning out an excellent young backcourt.