• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Drew Lock Appriciation Thread

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos only traded players with names easy to spell.

I'm glad Drew Lock is gone and gets to sink or swim somewhere else, because it is a little hard to spend 3 years thinking the kid will put it all together and go into a 4th year with the same feeling,

I still think he is better than the chance the Broncos gave him.

I'll give him the wave and smile routine and keep walking.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Drew as a person. I think he is a great teammate with a raw ability inside. I liked him at Mizzou. I was pro draft Drew Lock (unlike Paxton Lynch) it just didn't really work out here for him as a starter. NFL 20 years ago he probably has a better chance. Back when they would sit you for a year or two and develop you. We are now enduring a different NFL... Win for me now. Play for me now ad if not we move on to the next.... I get it though. Not sure he will ever be a long term starter in this league. I would be happy if he was as I will always root for him but either way he should play in the NFL a long time as a quality stop gap or backup guy.

2Kback

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a big fan, even bought my first jersey in ages (sorry, probably cursed him). Was still holding out hope for him with a new coaching staff, but he was such a tease. So much physical talent, seemed like a good dude, but it was always a ticking clock to a disasterous turnover, or string of missed reads/throws. How he never seemed to see Jeudy running around free after breaking the defenders ankles was tragic comedy.

I wish him a good career though, and hope he gets to beat KC at least once.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the guy .. Russ takes a bit of the sting away, but Lock had everything needed to make him a Top 5 all time favorite

I hope he lights it up in Seattle, or wherever he's finally given a shot ..

He's one of very very few ex Broncos that I would cheer for no matter where he goes, and truth be told, ever if he played against the Broncos, part of me would want him throwing for 400+ and 5 TDs

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish him the best. Hope he gets the dumb turnovers out of his system.

And I hope we stop drafting guys who are Chiefs fans hoping they turn out good for the Broncos! ;)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock got a lot of bad breaks but ultimately he is just a backup QB. It kinda sucks as a Mizzou fan but the NFL isnt easy and I dont see how an NFL team can trust him at this point. I fully expect Seattle to take their top QB in the draft this year and Lock will just be someone there keeping the seat warm.

Of course I'll root for him, though.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock got a lot of bad breaks but ultimately he is just a backup QB. It kinda sucks as a Mizzou fan but the NFL isnt easy and I dont see how an NFL team can trust him at this point. I fully expect Seattle to take their top QB in the draft this year and Lock will just be someone there keeping the seat warm.

Exactly how I see it. Probably be a short term stop gap as a decent backup QB and can start until Malik Willis is ready to take over in Seattle. (Which could be as early as week 1)

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Drew still has a chance if he gets to a situation where there is a coaching staff that believes they can develop him, and are willing to work with him. The last coaching staff did him no favors. I thought the new coaching staff would be the perfect situation for him, but the chance to get Russ was too good to pass up.

I wish him success, and for him to get to his potential.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think he has potential to become great, all he needs is a coach that cares about making him better. Hope he kicks a ton of butt up in Seattle.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chatter starting about them using some of that draft capital from Wilson and making a run at Watson.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked Drew and will miss him in Denver, that said I don't know if he will ever put it together. He still throws off his back foot and into traffic anytime there is any hint of pressure and I have seen almost no growth in that aspect of his game, which you just can't do in the NFL. I will cheer for him on the Hawks and wish he would have gotten a better chance here, but glad to have Russ.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chatter starting about them using some of that draft capital from Wilson and making a run at Watson.
The Hawks are not a roster that is ready to win though. They should use that capital to get young affordable players now and bottom out for the 2023 draft which has a lot of high quality QB prospects.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks are not a roster that is ready to win though. They should use that capital to get young affordable players now and bottom out for the 2023 draft which has a lot of high quality QB prospects.
I think you are correct. The Seahawks can look good for their fans by pretending to be interested in Watson, like they are masterminds or something, but if they had trouble getting Wilson to like the offense - wait until they see what Watson has to say about it. Two other bad things - Watson is still likely to get a suspension by the league and his contract is more expensive that Wilson's would have been for this season. I show my cynicism and guess the Seahawks leaked that interest for PR purposes.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you but this was the chatter as Pumper was saying.

It seems to be though it is between the Panthers and Saints for Watson.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite the Seattle Seahawks’ glowing endorsement of Drew Lock, the team appears to be exploring blockbuster trades for another quarterback. CBS Sports’ Josina Anderson reported that the Seahawks have made calls about potential trades for both Baker Mayfield and Matt Ryan.

“I’m told the Seahawks would ‘prefer to add an experienced veteran starting quarterback,'”