• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Time

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that FA is just about over for the niners we can now really see what the 9ers neglected and need via the draft.

What do you think are the top 4 needs of the niners in order in the draft?

1) Pass catcher. Either TE or WR. Someone long and big who can go up and get the jump balls that Edwards was supposed to do.

2) RG Snyder's replacement.

3) NT Sopa did well this season and RJF did an OK job backing him up when needed, but Having a play making pass rushing NT that requires more double teams would free up the stud ILBers the niners have to kill the ball carrier.

4) RB a feature back to replace Gore who I think is old and hurt too much. And as much as I like Hunter, he is not a feature back, but a good change of pace back.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think the top 4 needs are:

1) Trade down for future picks
2) Trade down for more picks
3) Trade down for more picks
4) Trade down for more picks

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only doe 2-4 if there are several holes to fill. Niners don't have that problem for once in a long time.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm waiting on cap space to see if we can go after RFAs.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that FA is just about over for the niners we can now really see what the 9ers neglected and need via the draft.

1) Pass catcher. Either TE or WR. Someone long and big who can go up and get the jump balls that Edwards was supposed to do.

3) NT Sopa did well this season and RJF did an OK job backing him up when needed, but Having a play making pass rushing NT that requires more double teams would free up the stud ILBers the niners have to kill the ball carrier.

4) RB a feature back to replace Gore who I think is old and hurt too much. And as much as I like Hunter, he is not a feature back, but a good change of pace back.

dwayne allen or egnew are red zone targets who would be a good compliment to our current starters. criner could fit your definition at wr, but i'd rather go in a different direction. hemmingway later on could develop into a day 2 steal. if he was at a school with a real qb he'd be going 2nd round at a min.

the three stud RG prospects for the 2nd half of the 1st round will most likely be gone. ben jones could be a good pick up in the 3rd but he's a replacement for goodwin down the road.

really nothing at NT, thompson could be a good pick up to play DE

jonas gray who's coming off an injury could be the steal of the draft. late bloomer at notre dame but he was their best offensive player this year.

bentley is a guy i'd love to grab in the 2nd. we need depth at corner and i could see him and culli being a good 1-2 combo for us in the years to come.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we definitely need to address RG. second i would have to say versatile DBs not just a guy that can play corner only. we only have goldson and whitner at the safety position with STs player spillman backing them both up. i hope they bring in bush but if not RB would be third on my list. followed by wr or nt...

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we definitely need to address RG. second i would have to say versatile DBs not just a guy that can play corner only. we only have goldson and whitner at the safety position with STs player spillman backing them both up. i hope they bring in bush but if not RB would be third on my list. followed by wr or nt...

not gonna be able to fill every hole in the draft. safety is looking alot better in next years draft.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dwayne allen or egnew are red zone targets who would be a good compliment to our current starters. criner could fit your definition at wr, but i'd rather go in a different direction. hemmingway later on could develop into a day 2 steal. if he was at a school with a real qb he'd be going 2nd round at a min.

the three stud RG prospects for the 2nd half of the 1st round will most likely be gone. ben jones could be a good pick up in the 3rd but he's a replacement for goodwin down the road.

really nothing at NT, thompson could be a good pick up to play DE

jonas gray who's coming off an injury could be the steal of the draft. late bloomer at notre dame but he was their best offensive player this year.

bentley is a guy i'd love to grab in the 2nd. we need depth at corner and i could see him and culli being a good 1-2 combo for us in the years to come.

I agree 100% with Hemingway and id love Robert turbin later as well

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we sign Swartz for RG, or another veteran, which I think we will then that's no longer a need.
If Hill is there he's a no brainer in my book. Groom him behind Moss.
Fleener actually would intrigue me still, it'd be about the rich getting richer.
Maybe there's a FS? Who's available that a team wants to trade for?
Could the first round pick be a backup DE? Stack the line like PIT does...

edillingham001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Turbin. I'm not sure where he is projected, but I love Ronnie Hillman. Granted, I've seen him play many, many times, but Hillman is explosive.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we sign Swartz for RG, or another veteran, which I think we will then that's no longer a need.
If Hill is there he's a no brainer in my book. Groom him behind Moss.
Fleener actually would intrigue me still, it'd be about the rich getting richer.
Maybe there's a FS? Who's available that a team wants to trade for?
Could the first round pick be a backup DE? Stack the line like PIT does...

moss, manningham, vernon and fleener would just be a nightmare to cover.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Hemingway will be great value for someone. He won't be a star, but he will be a 3rd, maybe a 2nd WR for 8-10 years in the league.

If you can get that with a late round (no idea what's on what day anymore) then it's a great value pick.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you trade in cars a lot?

I ask because you always want the 49ers to trade something...

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope, cars last 8 years like alex smith

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming that we have the roster we do now going into the draft i would say...

Trade back for a future 1st if possible. If not go with Devon Still/Cordy Glenn/Peter Konz/David Wilson (in that order). I'm still not opposed to giving up our 1st for Mike Wallace either.

2nd - Jared Crick/Doug Martin/Jayron Hosley

3rd - Ladarius Green/Cyrus Gray/Ronnie Hillman (if we haven't selected a RB already)

4th - Ryan Broyles

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill bet my last we draftt a WR S G/c LB HANDS down!!! those are 4 for shore rounds gone. Now the who?? ppl im still putting that together lol.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not gonna be able to fill every hole in the draft. safety is looking alot better in next years draft.

Would love to add an ex Niner greats son to the team. Although I'm not sure if McDonald is still there when we pick next year....assuming good things from this season.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to add an ex Niner greats son to the team. Although I'm not sure if McDonald is still there when we pick next year....assuming good things from this season.

that's who i was hoping to grab this year in the 1st

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd still like to have Hill from GT as our potential WR of the future. The potential is there and I would like to roll with it. I am not a fan of a TE in the first when we have a strong duo(and capable 3rd/4th) already.

RG perhaps gets the push as far as priority due to our now weakend RG spot.

NT isn't an immediate concern for me, Sopz performed fantastically at the NT spot when healthy(which was nearly all year). There is Poe but that's unlikely to fall. Our run defense did not suffer or break at any moment in the season/playoffs, DL looking good.

Did want an OLB though. It'll be an interesting draft considering all the additions we made via FA.